Feb. 15, 2009
Box Score | AP Photo Gallery
AMES, Iowa (AP) -- Earnesia Williams scored with 24 second left as No. 13 Texas rallied to beat 16th-ranked Iowa State 55-52 on Sunday and pick up its fifth straight win.
Erika Arriaran scored 16 points to lead Texas (19-5, 7-3 Big 12) which snapped the Cyclones four-game home winning streak against ranked opponents.
Iowa State led 52-47 with 2:04 left before Arriaran hit a pair of jumpers to pull the Longhorns within one. After a Texas stop, Williams' putback gave the Longhorns a 53-52 lead, and Iowa State lost the ball out of bounds with 11 seconds left.
Carla Cortijo then hit two free throws, and Iowa State's Alison Lacey failed to get off a potential game-tying 3 as time expired.
Texas's bench scored 39 points, led by Arriaran and Ashley Lindsey, who shot 6-of-9 from the field.
Lacey had a game-high 19 points the Cyclones (18-6, 6-4), who led by as much as 11 late in the first half. Iowa State fell to 12-1 at home this season.
· Texas won its fifth-straight Big 12 game for the first time since 2005 ... The Longhorns also matched their conference season win total from 2007-08 with seven league victories.
· Texas committed a season-low eight turnovers, including zero in the second half.
· The Longhorns are 4-0 against Big 12 North teams.
· UT became the first team to knock off ISU at the Hilton Coliseum this season ... Texas also won its second-ever game in Ames, with its first victory coming exactly six years ago (Feb. 15, 2003).
· Texas overcame its biggest halftime deficit of the season (26-20) and its largest overall deficit of the season (11 points).
· Texas held its opponents' bench to single digits for the ninth time this season and fourth time in Big 12 contests (four points).
· Texas' 20 points at halftime were its second fewest of the season (19 at Purdue, Jan. 5).
· Texas shot 75 percent (9-of-12) from the free-throw line for the eighth time this season and improved to 5-3 when doing so.
· The attendance figure of 12,242 was the largest the Longhorns have faced this season.
· Improved to 4-0 all-time against Iowa State.
· Recorded 12 points (6-of-9 FG) to reach double-figure scoring for the eighth time this season and 33rd in her career.
· Scored eight of her 12 points in the first half (4-of-5 FG) ... also recorded three blocks before the midway point and finished with a game-high five blocks.
· Hit a layup with 12:10 remaining in the second half to give Texas its first lead since the 12:20 mark in the first half.
· Recorded a team-high 16 points (7-of-15 FG, 2-of-6 3FG) ... led UT in scoring for the fourth time this season and 15th in her career.
· Hit a jumper with 12:43 remaining in the second half to bring the Longhorns within one point, 33-32.
· Co-led UT with six rebounds ... was the leading or co-leading rebounder for the Longhorns for the third-straight game.
· Recorded a team-high two steals.
· Co-led UT with six rebounds ... was the leading or co-leading rebounder for the Longhorns for the fourth time this season and ninth in her career.
· Was also a perfect 4-of-4 from the free-throw line.
· Dished out a team-high three assists.
· Played a season-high 32 minutes.