June 2, 2011
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
What is an SOB?
• A Student Orange Blood is an unofficial name given only to the most passionate UT Athletics students. Earn your stripes and be part of the rowdy fan base that supports all of UT's sports. Follow this guide and be on your way to becoming the best SOB you can be!
Texas Athletics Council
• Get involved with the official student group that supports UT Athletics! Texas Athletic Council aims to increase student representation at athletic events while simultaneously creating a more enjoyable environment for students at sporting events.
• If you are interested in athletics or would like to gain experience in marketing, email SOBs@athletics.utexas.edu or check us out on Facebook!
PURCHASING STUDENT TICKETS
Longhorns All-Sports Package (LASP)
• The LASP is the key to acquiring student tickets! For only $80 you will have access to 2011-12 UT Athletics home sporting events (excluding post-season completion).
ACQUIRING STUDENT TICKETS
Events include but are not limited to:
· Texas Football
· Texas Volleyball
· Texas Soccer
· Texas Men's Basketball
· Texas Women's Basketball
All students (including incoming) will receive an email with information pertaining to the LASP in mid to late-June. At that time, students will be able to go to TexasBoxOffice.com to purchase the LASP, LASP Season Ticket and other ticket options. For questions, call the UT Athletics Ticket Office at 512/471-3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Students who have purchased the LASP will have access to the Football Student Ticket Draw
What is the Draw?
The Football Student Ticket Draw is held for each home game and the Oklahoma game (Red River Rivalry). Draw tickets may be obtained, as long as they are available, at no additional cost (except for the Oklahoma game in Dallas) for all home games upon presentation of a valid UT Student ID. A limit of six valid IDs may be presented at one time to receive up to six ticket to any game.
· See the 2011 Football Draw Schedule
Where is the Draw?
Reserved Season Football Tickets
· The Football Student Ticket Draw is held at the Student Ticket Office located in the Red McCombs Red Zone of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
· Draw hours are 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
· For away games besides the Oklahoma game, draw tickets will only be available if allotted LASP tickets remain after fulfilling requests from Student Football Season ticket purchaser.
· After purchasing the LASP students are eligible to upgrade to a season ticket for an additional $70. Therefore, for a total of $150 (LASP plus season ticket), a student can secure a guaranteed reserved ticket to all home games.
· An additional guest season ticket may be purchased for $395
· Student Tickets for Texas Volleyball require only a LASP which is verified upon presentation of a valid UT Student ID at Gregory Gym on match days.
· Whose house?! Horns' House!
· Horns' House is a 200-seat student section of Gregory Gym. Students enjoy sitting across from the Texas bench and within 15 feet of the court. At select games, FREE Horns' House T-shirts will be handed out courtesy of Mighty Fine Burgers Fries Shakes.
Students who have purchased the LASP may forego the ticket draw for the opportunity to purchase a Texas Men and Women's Basketball season ticket.
Men's and Women's Basketball Season tickets
· Season tickets may be purchased online at TexasBoxOffice.com or by calling 512/471-3333.
Students who have purchased LASP and do not wish to purchase the Stampede Pass or a season ticket, have access to the Men and Women's Basketball Online Ticket Draw.
Where and how do you draw tickets?
· Print-at-home tickets are available online at TexasBoxOffice.com until game time.
· Click on "Student Basketball tickets" and request your LASP ticket for the game you want to attend.
· Check out the Texas Basketball draw schedule on TexasSports.com to find out the specific dates tickets may be requested.
· Print-at-Home Tickets do not guarantee admission to the game. Students should arrive at the Frank Erwin Center early to ensure admission.
UT Varsity Rewards Program
· UT Varsity Rewards recognizes students who regularly attend designated UT Athletic home events. The more events you attend, the more points you earn and the more rewards you receive.
· Check out the Varsity Rewards page on TexasSports.com for information on this year's program and how to sign up.
For any questions, comments or concerns regarding UT Athletics student-related information please email SOBs@athletics.utexas.edu or call (512) 471-5978.