| Owen Washburn
|Height / Weight:|
6-0 / 160
· Two-time All-Big 12
· All-NCAA South Central Region
Collegiate (or Career) Bests: Indoor 3,000 (8:12.37), Outdoor 3,000 (8:25.72), Outdoor 5,000 (14:06.74)
Scouting Washburn: One of two 2007 Longhorns to garner Academic All-Big 12 Cross Country First-Team selection... second-year transfer from Brown University.
Cross Country (Senior)
· Contributed points in his final cross country race for UT... clocked 31:45.7 at the NCAA Championships to finish 180th overall and fifth for Texas.
· All-NCAA South Central Region honoree... finished third for Texas and 14th overall at the region championships, running 20:18.1.
· Scored for the first time at Big 12's as a member of UT's cross country team with a 14th-place showing... completed the 8K course in 25:10:05.
· Crossed the line 13th in the Bear Invitational 6K race (19:01.6).
· Third fastest Longhorn runner and seventh overall at the Blue Ridge Open in 24:21.
· NCAA regional qualifier in the 5000 meter run... met the regional standard with a time of 14:06.74 at the Payton Jordan Cardinal Invitational.
· Took ninth in 14:18.96 in the 5,000 at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championship.
· Had the fourth fastest time in the 5,000 at Texas Relays... finished with a time of 14:40.90.
· Runner-up in the 3000-meter run (8:25.72) at the Texas Twilight.
· Finished eighth at the Big 12 Championship in the 10,000-meter run in 31:01.02.
· Placed fourth at the Hurricane Invitational in the 1,500-meter run (3:56.26) and finished sixth at the Texas Invitational (3:58.01).
· Clocked 2:00.66 in the 800-meter run at the Hurricane Invitational.
· Registered a season-best 8:12.37 in the 3000-meter run placing third at the New Balance Collegiate.
· Was 24th at the Big 12 Championship in the 3000-meter run (8:31.25).
· Finished 13th in the 3,000 in 8:33.60 at the NYC Gotham Cup and placed 15th at the Tyson Invitational in 8:19.10.
· Ran on the second-place distance-medley relay as the third leg at the NYC Gotham Cup that rounded the track in 10:02.86.
Cross Country (Junior)
· Scored valuable points towards the team's seventh-place finish at the 2006 NCAA National Championship... completed the 10K course in 32:52.80, as the 130th runner to cross the line.
· Took 45th at the Bill Dellinger Invitational in 24:21, crossing the line third among UT runners.
· Recorded a seventh-place finish with a time of 19:27 at the Texas Invitational.
· Finished sixth at the Big 12 Championship for Texas and 29th overall with a time of 25:32.
· Took home 20th overall and sixth amongst Texas runners at the NCAA Regional Championship in 31:10.40.
Prior to Texas
· Captain of both the cross country and track and field teams at Brown University.
· Won the New England Championship and led the team to a first-place finish.
· Second all-time in the 8K at Brown, after finishing second at Cross Country Heptagonals in a time of 24:38.
· Missed first two cross country seasons due to injury and illness.
· During his freshman year on the track, consistently finished in the top four for Brown in the mile, as a leg of the DMR, 3,000 meters and 5,000 meters.
· Set a personal mile time of 4:13 and 3,000 meter time of 8:15.
· Took third in the 3K and anchored the championship DMR at the indoor Heptagonal Championship.
· During outdoor season of rookie year, scored fourth in the 5,000 meters at the Heptagonal Championship.
· Qualified for NCAA East Region Championship with a personal best 5K time of 14:15 at the IC4A league meet.
· 2001 MA Division one State Champion, 2002 MA All-State Champion (one mile indoors), 2002 MA All-State runner-up (one mile outdoors) and 2001 Cross Country State Team Champions.
· Personal best of 4:10 in the mile at the IVY Indoor Championship, personal best of 14:15 in the 5K at the IC4A Outdoor Championship and personal best of 24:38 in the 8K (cross country) at the Ivy League Cross Country Championship.
Born on Nov. 24, 1983 in Northampton, MA... son of David and Laura Washburn... graduate student in the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs... Academic All-Big 12 selection... two-time Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll selection (2006 Fall and 2007 Spring).