| Erik Stanley
|Height / Weight:|
6-1 / 152
· NCAA All-American
· Two- time All-NCAA South Central Region
· Seven-time All-Big 12
Collegiate Bests: Indoor Mile Run (4:06.08), Outdoor 1,500 (3:41.82), Outdoor 3,000 (8:07.87), Outdoor 5,000 (14:22.38)
In the Record Books: School record holder in the Outdoor Distance Medley Relay (9:29.60), Third all-time in the outdoor 1,500 (3:41.82)
Scouting Stanley: One of two All-American 1,500-meter distance runners and one of three Horns to qualify for the NCAA National Championships in the 1,500-meter run in 2007.
Cross Country (Senior)
· One of four UT runners to garner All-Big 12 honors during the cross country season... helped Texas to two first-place team finishes and four top-10 team performances.
· Clocked 31:09.8 at the NCAA Championships, finishing third for Texas and 107th overall.
· Placed second for Texas and fourth overall at the NCAA South Central Regional Championship, running 29:35.2 and scoring four points ... garnered All-NCAA South Central Region team honors.
· Crossed the finish line first for the Longhorns and sixth overall at the Big 12 Championship finishing the 8K course in 24:53.05 and earning All-Big 12 honors.
· First collegian and second overall to cross the finish line, scoring one point towards the team's championship, cruising the 8K course at the Blue Ridge Open in a season-best 24:02.
· Ran a lifetime best of 3:41.82 and finished in 10th at the NCAA Championships... earned All-America honors as one of the top eight Americans to cross the line... finished seventh in the semifinals in 3:43.30.
· NCAA regional qualifier in the 1,500-meter run... earned an automatic berth with a fifth-place performance at the Midwest Region Championship (3:42.17).
· Met the NCAA regional standard at the Texas Twilight... finished third in 3:46.01 for a regional berth.
· Garnered All-Big 12 honors with a fifth-place performance at the conference championships... clocked 3:48.57 in the finals after running 3:46.83 in the semifinals... added a 12th-place performance in the 5000-meter run (14:56.94).
· Finished third in the 1,500-meter run at the Texas Invitational (3:49.72).
· Placed sixth at Texas Relays in the 3000-meter run in a season-best 8:50.89 and fourth at the Hurricane Invitational in 8:35.05.
· Registered a season best mile run time of 4:06.08 in finishing fifth at the Big 12 Championship.
· Ran 4:13.35 in the mile and the second leg of the 4x800-meter relay (7:43.70) at the NYC Gotham Cup.
· Placed 15th at the New Balance Collegiate in the mile in 4:08.50 and 11th in 4:11.41 in Tyson Invitational.
· Ran the fourth leg of the distance medley that took eighth place at the New Balance Collegiate with a time of 10:01.42.
· Finished 38th in the 3000-meter run at the Big 12 Championship in 8:42.06.
Cross Country (Junior)
· One of six NCAA South Central Region selections on the team and aided the UT squad in posting back-to-back seventh place team finishes at the NCAA National Championship.
· Was the fourth scorer on the team and 77th overall with a time of 32:20.90 and was the third UT harrier and 11th overall to finish at the NCAA Regional Championship (8K) with a time of 30:30.30.
· Finished fifth for the Longhorns at the Big 12 Championship in 25:24.
· Started the season at the Bill Dellinger Invitational (8K), pacing the group with a time of 24:40.52 and placing 70th overall.
· Recorded his highest showing this year with a second place finish at the Texas Invitational, completing the four-mile course in 19:12.86.
· Placed ninth in the 1500m (3:49.22) at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships and took fifth in the 1500m (3:46.75) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Posted NCAA regional mark and personal best of 3:46.54 for third place in the 1500m at the Texas Twilight.
· Took seventh in the 2000m steeplechase (5:56.19) at the Texas Invitational and placed 23rd in the 5000m (14:22.38) at the Payton Jordan Cardinal Invitational.
· Earned All-Big 12 honors with an eighth-place finish in the mile (4:08.68b) at the Big 12 Championships, where he also placed 41st in the 3000m (8:41.66b).
· Took 16th place in the 3000m (8:12.04b) at The Husky Classic and 20th in the mile (4:14.22b) at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational.
Cross Country (Sophomore)
· Captured the Blue Ridge Invitational (8K) in 24:31 and took 10th place at the State Farm Cross Country Open (3.5 miles) in 25:38.
· As the second UT finisher, placed third overall at the Big 12 Championship (8K) in 23:51 to garner All-Big 12 honors.
· Placed 60th as the second Longhorn to complete the NCAA Championship (10K), clocking 30:38.
· Placed 18th in the 5000m at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships with a time of 14:47.03
· Took 15th place in the 5,000m at the Big 12 Championships in 14:45.50.
· Registered a personal best at the Oregon Invitational with an NCAA-regional mark of 14:09.45, good for 22nd place.
· Captured the 1500m at the Texas Invitational with a personal-best time of 3:52.51 and also competed in the 800m at the Texas Invitational, placing sixth in a personal-best time of 1:54.69.
· Claimed a victory in the Leonard Hilton Memorial's mile (4:07.73b) and placed seventh en route to a personal-best 4:06.10b at the New Balance Invitational.
· Grabbed a Tyson Invitational 12th-place finish (8:07.87b) in the 3000m and ran 8:29.55b at the Big 12 Championships.
Cross Country (Freshman):
· Competed in two events and finished ninth at the Blue Ridge Open (6.4K) with a time of 19:56.
· Placed 36th behind a time of 25:43 at the Big 12 Championship (8K).
Prior to Texas
· Was Klein High School's top senior in the 1,600m with a time of 4:03 and named Most Valuable Runner all four years for the Bearkats.
· Claimed silver at the 2003 state championship in both the 1,600m and 3,200m and also claimed double-silver in 2002 (1,600m and cross country).
· Honored as an All-American in 2003.
Born on March 22, 1985 in Houston... brother, Jonathan, currently attends UT and stepmother, Leslie, attended UT in the early 1980's... corporate communications major... made the 2006 Fall Commissioner's Honor Roll.