| John Rouse
|Height / Weight:|
6-9 / 252
· All-Big 12
Collegiate Bests: Indoor weight throw (59-10.25), Outdoor Hammer (204-6)
In the Record Books: Second all-time in the Outdoor Hammer (204-6)
Scouting Rouse: Most experienced hammer thrower on the 2008 roster and second on Texas' all-time performers' list... one of only two Longhorns in school history to throw over 200-feet... made back-to-back region appearances in the last two seasons and is looking for first berth to the NCAA National Championships.
· Tossed a season-best 204-6 (60.42m) at the Texas Twilight... mark improved his career-best throw and his distance in the record book (second all-time) set earlier in the season.
· Won the hammer throw at the Texas Invitational with a throw of 201-8 (61.48m)... moved from fourth all-time to second all-time on the Longhorns' performers list.
· Placed sixth at the Big 12 Championships, tossing 192-4 (58.62m).
· Finished in the top 15 at the NCAA Midwest Region Championship... tossed 182-0 (55.47m) at the region meet.
· Finished fourth in the hammer throw (189-8/57.81m) at the Hurricane Invitational.
· Competed in four weight throw competitions during the indoor season.
· Tossed a season-best distance of 57-4.25 (17.48m) for 13th place at the Tyson Invitational.
· Placed second at the NYC Gotham Cup with a mark of 55-5 (16.89m).
· Captured the weight throw with a toss of 54-2 (16.51m) at the Leonard Hill Memorial.
· Threw 54-7.25 (16.64m) for 23rd place at the New Balance Collegiate.
· Placed eighth in the hammer throw (181-5) at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships.
· Posted a NCAA regional mark and personal best with a third-place toss of 183-4 in the hammer throw at the Hurricane Invitational
· Placed 12th (177-9) in the hammer at the Texas Relays.
· Took second (180-2) at the Texas Twilight, third (180-9) at the Rice Twilight and third (173-7) at the Texas Invitational.
· Captured the weight throw at the Houston Indoor Opener (57-1.50) and the Hilton Memorial (59-10.25).
· Placed ninth (56-6) at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational.
· Participated in the hammer throw at the Big 12 Championships and registered a mark of 173-3 in the preliminary round.
· Competed at the Rice Twilight, finishing third overall in the hammer throw with a toss of 179-9, a personal best.
· Took the top spot in the event with a toss of 176-8 at the Michael Johnson Invitational.
· Placed second in the event at the Texas Invitational with a mark of 173-10.50.
· Edged by then-teammate Brian Robison to claim first place in the weight-throw (55-0) at the Leonard Hilton Memorial.
· Threw a personal-record 56-10 for the silver at the Houston Indoor Classic.
· Took fourth place at the Houston Indoor Opener with a 52-5.50.
· Finished 13th (49-8.25) at the New Balance Invitational.
Prior to Texas
· Three-time district champion in the discus at Crandall High and led Pirates to district championship as a senior... named team MVP as a junior... coached by Brian Barnett and Gene Griffin.
· Region 2 Class 3A runner-up in the discus and finished sixth in the state in the discus.
· Posted top prep marks of 164-9 in the discus, which came in the regional meet as a senior, and 41-0 in the shot put.
· First-team all-state, regional and district performer in basketball as a senior and also named team MVP and captain.
· Honorable mention all-state and second-team all-region selection in basketball as a junior and also lettered in baseball and football.
· Member of Mu Alpha Theta and an honors graduate.
Born May 7, 1984, in Dallas, Texas ... kinesiology major with a focus on health promotion and fitness.