| Donovan Kilmartin
|Height / Weight:|
6-2 / 171
· Three-time NCAA Champion
· Six-time All-American
· Two-time ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American (First Team)
· Four-time Big 12 Champion
· 10-time All-Big 12
Collegiate Bests: Heptathlon (6,136 points), Decathlon (7,897 points)
In the Record Books: Second all-time in the Outdoor Decathlon
Scouting Kilmartin: Three-time NCAA Champion heptathlete ... only male in NCAA history to win three heptathlon national championships ... two-time ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American who graduated with his degree in petroleum engineering in August of 2007 ... enrolled in the petroleum engineering master's program.
· Redshirted the outdoor season to complete undergraduate degree.
· Captured third NCAA title with highest point total of the 2007 season (5,998 points) ... won high jump (6-9.5) and placed in the top five of four additional events.
· Named U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association co-Indoor Field Athlete of the Year.
· Led the nation with his winning point total from the Roger Cox Championships (5,700) ... mark was highest of the regular season and automatically qualified for his fourth NCAA Indoor National Championship ... won four of seven events en route to the individual title.
· Won his fourth Big 12 Championship behind a 5,870 point performance and came within six points of tying the league record (5,876) he set in 2006 ... top decathlete in the high jump (6-8.75/2.05m), pole vault (16-5.5/5.02m) and long jump (23-4.5/7.12m).
· Just missed scoring in an additional event at Big 12s ... finished in ninth place in the open pole vault (16-7.5/5.07m).
· Met the NCAA provisional mark with a season-best 17-0.75 (5.20m) in the open pole vault at the Tyson Invitational.
· Placed sixth in the open pole vault with a height of 16-6.75 (5.05m) at the New Balance Collegiate.
· Placed fifth in the decathlon (7,457) at the NCAA Championships, after winning the decathlon high jump (6-9.50) and pole vault (16-8.75).
· Claimed the decathlon (7,744) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Took second in the decathlon with a NCAA automatic mark and personal best of 7,897 points at the Texas Relays ... won the decathlon's high jump (6-11) and the pole vault (17-0.75).
· His Texas Relays decathlon score marks the second highest decathlon score in school history ... added personal-best 14.57w for second place in the decathlon 110m hurdles.
· Took 13th in the long jump (21-10.25) and 25th in the 110m hurdles (14.92) at the Penn Relays.
· Captured the pole vault (17-0.75) at the Texas Invitational.
· Won his second NCAA heptathlon title with a score of 6,048 points behind personal bests in the 60m hurdles (8.09) and the pole vault (17-4.50).
· Also tied for first in the heptathlon high jump (6-9) and placed second in the heptathlon long jump (24-9.75) at the NCAA Championships.
· Won his second consecutive Big 12 heptathlon title with a score of 5,876 points, winning five of the seven events to break the meet and facility records he set during his sophomore season.
· Also placed fifth in the open pole vault (16-11) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Placed second in the heptathlon at the New Mexico Multi-Events Meet with 5,870 points behind personal bests in the 60m (7.05), long jump (24-3.50) and 60m hurdles (8.13).
· Took 10th place in the long jump (23-11.50) and 12th place in the pole vault (16-1.25) at the Tyson Invitational.
· Scored a personal-best total of 7,794 points to earn a third-place finish at the USA versus Germany dual competition in the summer of 2005 ... finished as the second-highest American scorer at the event.
· Finished fourth in the decathlon with a score of 7,662 points at the NCAA Championships, garnering All-America honors.
· Won the decathlon's long jump, high jump and pole vault at the NCAA Championships.
· Took second place in the decathlon at the Big 12 Championships with 7,472 points by tying for first or winning four of the 10 events.
· Earned an NCAA automatic mark in the decathlon at the Texas Relays with a score of 7,650.
· Placed fifth in the long jump at the Penn Relays with a leap of 23-6.25 and tied for third in the pole vault and placed ninth in the shot put and discus at the Michael Johnson Invitational.
· Finished 11th in the decathlon at the U.S. Championships with 6,736 points
· Took heptathlon silver at the NCAA Indoor Championships (5,925 pts), claiming victories in the high jump (6-9.50), long jump (23-11.75) and pole vault (16-8.75).
· Ran a personal-best 2:49.49 in the NCAA Championships' heptathlon 1,000m.
· Captured his first Big 12 Championship in the heptathlon with a then-meet record 5,791 points ... won the Big 12 heptathlon's pole vault (17-0.75) and finished third in the 60m (7.11) and 60-meter hurdles (8.33).
· Placed first in the heptathlon at the Houston Indoor Classic with an automatic-qualifying 5,752 points.
· Won individual heptathlon events at the Houston Indoor Classic in the high jump (6-9.75), long jump (23-6.75), pole vault (16-4.75) and took second in the shot put (44-1.25).
· Captured silver medals in the open pole vault at the Father Diamond Invitational (16-5) and the Leonard Hilton Memorial (16-0.75).
· Claimed decathlon bronze at Texas Invitational with NCAA-qualifying and personal best 7,729 points.
· Finished third in long jump at Penn Relays (23-9 1/2) and sixth in high jump (6-8 3/4) at TCU Invitational.
· Eighth in javelin (176-7) at the Hurricane Invitational.
· Led decathlon after first day of Big 12 Championships (3,362), but chose not to finish.
· Won high jump (6-9) and finished second in long jump (23-11) at NCAA Championships, but dropped out of competition after four events.
· 2004 NCAA Champion in heptathlon ... set a then-NCAA record with his score of 6,136 points... won three events of seven events en route to his first national championship ... was one of two rookie Horns to win national titles (joining freshman high jumper Andra Manson).
· Qualified for nationals in the heptathlon at UNI Invitational with a 5,856 point performance (won three events, runner-up in two).
· Won pole vault at Houston Indoor with a vault of 16-6.
· Placed third in pole vault at Big 12 Championships with a personal best vault of 17-0 and scored points for Texas by coming in eighth in long jump (23-8 1/4) at conference championships.
Prior to Texas
· Three-time Track and Field News All-American in the decathlon at Eagle High in Eagle, Idaho.
· National high school record-holder in the decathlon (7,486 pts.) and in the indoor pentathlon (4,303 pts.).
· Four-time Idaho Gatorade Track and Field Athlete of the Year.
· Helped lead the Mustangs to four straight Idaho 5A state championships and was named MVP each year.
· Four-time Idaho state champion in the high jump and long jump, and three-time state champ in the pole vault and 110m hurdles.
· Fifteen-time Junior Olympic National Champion and 37-time Junior Olympic All-American.
· Finished as the runner-up in the voting for Track and Field News' Men's High School Athlete of the Year in the second tightest vote on record in the publication's history as a senior.
· Rated the No. 1 decathlete in the nation for the second straight year by that publication and also rated the No. 2 performer in the nation in the pole vault by Track and Field News.
· Ranked as the No. 1 performer in the decathlon (junior implements), No. 2 in both the pole vault and long jump and T-No. 4 in the high jump according to Track and Field News following his senior campaign.
· Member of Team USA at 2003 Pan Am Junior Championships and won the decathlon and set a new Pan Am Junior and national prep record with 7,486 points.
· Won the decathlon with 7,341 points at the 2003 USA Junior Track & Field Championships.
· Recipient of the Idaho Wendy's High School Heisman in 2002 and member of Team USA at the 2002 World Junior Championships in Kingston, Jamaica.
· Member of Team USA at the 2001 Youth World Championships in Hungary and named Verizon Most Outstanding Male Athlete at the 2001 Junior Olympics.
· Voted team MVP of cross country squad as a freshman under coach Gary Gorrell.
· Boasts top prep marks of 7,486 points in the decathlon, 17-4 1/2 in the pole vault, 7-2 in the high jump, 24-10 1/2 in the long jump, 13.86FAT in the 110m hurdles, 46-7 in the shot put and 167-7 in the discus.
· Also competed for Team Idaho Track Club under Tim Severa and Mark Murdock.
· Valedictorian of Eagle High with a 4.00 GPA and a member of the National Honor Society.
Born June 11, 1984 in Silver City, New Mexico ... graduated in the summer of 2007 with a degree in petroleum engineering ... is enrolled as a graduate student in the petroleum engineering program ... made the 2006 Fall and 2007 Spring Commissioner's Honor Rolls ... won the 2005 Marvin Wright Engineering Award ... two-time ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American (2006 and 2007) ... son of Jim and Carol Kilmartin ... both work overseas in Kuwait with the U.S. Army ... father starred at quarterback for Oregon State from 1970-71.