| Joel Hargett
|Height / Weight:|
6-8 / 208
· Four-time All-Big 12
Collegiate Bests: Indoor High Jump (6-11.50/2.12m), Outdoor High Jump (7-2.25/2.20m)
In the Record Books: Tied for eighth all-time in the Outdoor High Jump (7-2.25/2.20m)
Scouting Hargett: Top returning high jumper ... scored at the Big 12 Indoor and Outdoor Championships during each the last two seasons.
· Two-time NCAA regional qualifier in the high jump.
· Cleared 6-10.75 (2.10m) at the Big 12 Championship to tie for fifth.
· Regionally qualified at the first meet of the season ... captured the high jump at the Hurricane Invitational jumping 6-10.75 (2.10m).
· Was the fourth highest jumper reaching 6-8.75 (2.05m) at the Rice Twilight.
· Jumped 6-8.75 (2.05m) placing fifth at the Texas Twilight.
· Took sixth at the Texas Invitational jumping 6-6.75 (2.00m).
· Earned All-Big 12 honors with an eighth-place performance at the league championships ... cleared 6-8 (2.03m) to help Texas tie for first in the team race.
· Won the high jump at the NYC Gotham Cup with season best of 6-11 (2.11m).
· Finished among the top 10 at the Tyson Invitational ... placed ninth with a height of 6-9.75 (2.08m).
· Jumped 6-9 (2.06m) at the NB Collegiate finishing fifth.
· Finished fifth with a height of 6-8 (2.03m) at the Leonard Hilton Memorial.
· Cleared 7-0.25 (2.14m) in the high jump qualifying round at the NCAA Championships.
· Cleared 7-1 (2.16m) for sixth place at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships.
· Placed fifth in the high jump (6-10.75/2.10m) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Posted new personal best in the high jump with a NCAA regional mark of 7-2.25 (2.20m) for third place at the Texas Twilight; the mark later earned him a spot in the NCAA Championships.
· Placed 11th at the Texas Relays with a clearance of 6-8.75 (2.05m).
· Also tallied NCAA regional marks at the Texas Invitational (7-0.50/2.15m) and the Hurricane Invitational (6-10.75/2.10m).
· Placed seventh in the high jump (6-11/2.11) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Tied for first (6-9.50/2.07m) in the collegiate division at the Tyson Invitational.
· Placed second at the Hilton Memorial (6-11.50/2.12m), fourth at the Houston Indoor Opener (6-9.50/2.07m) and sixth at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational (6-9.50/2.07m).
· Placed second in the high jump at the Rice Twilight with a clearance of 6-8 (2.03m).
· Registered a personal-best height of 6-8.75 (2.05m), good for fifth place at the Texas Relays.
· Took third in the event at the Texas Invitational, sixth at the Michael Johnson Invitational and ninth at the Rice Bayou Classic.
· Placed fifth (6-6.50/2.00m) in the high jump at the Father Diamond Invitational.
· Took fourth place with a 6-6 (1.98m) at both the Leonard Hilton Memorial and the Houston Indoor Classic.
· Notched a personal best of 6-7.50 (2.02m) at the New Balance Invitational.
Prior to Texas
· Tied for second at state championships his senior year and claimed the bronze medal at the 2003 State Championships.
· Two-time district champion in the high jump and two-time regional champion. Placed 7th while receiving All-America honors at the 2004 USATF Junior Championships with a leap of 6-7 (2.01m).
· Held the high jump record for every class at Conroe High and cleared a personal-best of 6-10 (2.09m) three times under coach Bob Collett.
· Also played center on the Tigers' basketball team for three years.
Born on Dec. 31, 1985 in Austin ... cousin, Ed Hargett, played football for the New Orleans Saints ... kinesiology major with a focus in health promotion and fitness.