| Joseph Davis
San Antonio, Texas
|Height / Weight:|
6-5 / 190
· NCAA All-American
· One- time All-NCAA Region
· Five-time All-Big 12
· Two-time NCAA qualifier
Collegiate Bests: Indoor Triple Jump (50-7.5/15.43m), Outdoor Triple Jump (52-0.5/15.86), Outdoor 400 (48.62)
In the Record Books: School record holder in the Outdoor Distance Medley Relay (9:29.60), Sixth in the Outdoor Triple Jump (52-0.5/15.86m), Eighth Fastest Indoor Distance Medley Relay (9:40.71), Ninth in the Indoor Triple Jump (50-7.5/15.43m).
Scouting Davis: Texas' top returning triple jumper ... All-American and NCAA qualifier who anchors the jumps and adds a 400-meter leg to the Longhorns' distance-medley relay team.
· At-large qualifier for the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships ... jumped 50-6 (15.39m) in the preliminary round.
· NCAA regional qualifier in the triple jump with a career-best mark of 52-0.5 (15.86m)... captured Texas Relays triple jump (B section) championship ... his jump led the NCAA through the first half of the season ... mark moved him into seventh-place in the Texas record books.
· Point-scorer at the NCAA Midwest Region Championship, finishing seventh with a mark of 51-1.75 (15.59m).
· Added one point to the Longhorns' team standings at the Big 12 Championship ... placed eighth with a distance of 49-8.5 (15.15).
· Posted a runner-up performance with a 50-8.75 (15.46m) performance at the Texas Invitational.
· Fourth-farthest triple jumper at the Texas Twilight (50-6/15.39m).
· Placed eighth in the open 200 in 22.04 seconds.
· Met the NCAA provisional mark for the first time in his career at the Arkansas Last Chance meet ... improved his lifetime-best mark to 50-7.5 (15.43m).
· Scored four points towards the Longhorns' Co-Big 12 Championship with a fifth-place effort (50-5.5/15.38m).
· Won three meets during the regular season ... posted a regular-season best 50-6 (15.39m) in winning the New Balance Collegiate ... led the field at the Tyson Invitational with a 50-3.5 (15.33m) ... recorded a 48-10.25 (14.89m) in his second meet of the season -- the Leonard Hilton Memorial Invitational.
· Took third at the NYC Gotham Cup (49-11.75 (15.23m).
· Long jumped on one occasion, placing 23rd in 21-3.5 (6.49m) at the NYC Gotham Cup.
· Second leg in the distance medley that finished eighth at the NB Collegiate in 10:01.42.
· First leg of 10th-place, 4x400-meter relay at the Big 12 Championship running (3:12.50).
· Ran the second leg of the distance-medley relay to help UT to its first win in the event at the Penn Relays ... set a UT school record and the top time in the nation with 9:33.10 performance.
· Also ran the second leg of the DMR at the Texas Relays, helping the Longhorns to their first Texas Relays DMR victory (9:48.56) since 1948.
· Garnered All-Big 12 honors with a seventh-place jump at the league championships ... hit the sand in 48-1.25 (14.66m) ... also clocked 48.62 in the 400m preliminary round.
· Claimed the triple jump with a season-best mark of 48-11.50 (14.92m) at the Texas Twilight.
· Placed seventh (46-9/14.25m) at the Penn Relays and 15th (48-2/14.68m) at the Texas Relays.
· Earned All-America honors as the second leg of UT's seventh-place distance-medley relay (9:40.71) at the NCAA Championships.
· Placed seventh in the triple jump (48-4.75/14.75m) at the Big 12 Championships.
· Took third in the triple jump's college division (48-11/14.91m) at the Tyson Invitational.
· Recorded two top-five finishes ... finished third (47-11.25) at the Houston Indoor Opener and fifth (48-8.25/14.84m) at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational.
· Took ninth in the triple jump at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships with a distance of 49-1.75 (14.98m).
· Registered a personal best and an NCAA regional mark in the event at the Big 12 Championships with a distance of 50-4.75 (15.36m).
· Finished seventh at the Texas Relays and 11th at the Penn Relays.
· Captured the long jump at the Texas Invitational with a wind-aided legal 23-9.50 (7.25m).
· Placed ninth in the long jump at the Houston Indoor with a mark of 22-1.5 (6.74m).
· Notched a personal best of 48-9 (14.86m) en route to placing fourth in the triple jump at the Father Diamond Invitational.
· Captured gold at the Leonard Hilton Memorial in the triple jump with a mark of 48-7.25 (14.81m).
· Placed fifth at the Tyson Invitational (48-8.25/14.84m).
· Earned All-Big 12 honors in the triple jump by finishing fifth at the Big 12 Championships (48-4//14.73m).
Prior to Texas
· 2004 district and regional champion in long and triple jumps and an all-state performer in both jumps for coach Johan Dinklemann's Bulldogs.
· Competed in the 2004 USATF Junior Championships, leaping 46-10 (14.27m) in the triple jump.
· Held personal bests of 23-9 (7.24m) in the long jump and 48-9 (14.86m) in the triple jump.
· Earned basketball MVP honors in District 26-3A and San Antonio's 3A schools.
· First team all-region and second-team all-state in basketball and also first-team all-district in football.
· Earned his 2004 Somerset High School Citizenship Award.
· 2002 San Antonio Sportsperson of the Year
Born on Jan. 8, 1986 in St. Louis, Missouri ... son of Gerald and Alma ... youth and community studies major ... is the youngest of three brothers, Gerald (28) and Jordan (23) ... Jordan played cornerback in college for the South Dakota Coyotes from 2003-06.