| Darren Brown
|Height / Weight:|
5-10 / 140
· Two-time All-American
· Three-time All-Big 12
· Three-time NCAA qualifier
Collegiate Bests: Indoor 1,000-meter (2:23.20), Indoor mile (4:02.97), Outdoor 1,500-meter (3:42.57), Outdoor 2,000-meter steeplechase (5:40.71), Outdoor 3,000-meter steeplechase (8:56.26).
In the Record Books: School record holder in the Indoor Distance Medley Relay (9:31.27)
Scouting Brown: All-American leg of UT's record-setting distance medley relay ... converted steeplechaser turned NCAA regional qualifying 1,500-meter runner ... one of three 2007 Longhorns to meet the regional standard in the 1500 ... ran a leg of three of UT's top 10 DMRs.
Cross Country (Senior)
· One of six UT runners who garnered All-NCAA South Central Region team honors this season and helped UT post four top-three team finishes.
· Registered a 10K time of 31:40.8 at the NCAA Championships to finish 170th overall and fourth for Texas.
· Finished fourth for UT and 18th overall in 30:44.4 at the NCAA South Central Championship (10K).
· Completed the Big 12 Championship 8K course in 26:33.59 for 55th overall.
· Ran the 6K in 18:54.5 to place 10th overall and third for UT at the Bear Invitational.
· Placed 10th at the Blue Ridge Open in a 5K personal best (24:49).
· Appeared as an individual at NCAAs for the first time in his career ... ran 3:47.62 in the preliminary race.
· Narrowly missed an automatic berth (top five runners in event) to the NCAA Championships with a sixth-place performance (3:42.72) at the Midwest Regional meet.
· Met the NCAA regional standard for the first time in his Longhorn career with a lifetime best 3:42.57 at the Peyton Jordan Cardinal Invitational.
· Won the 1,500-meter in 3:50.84 at the first meet of the season, the Hurricane Invitational.
· Placed in the top 25 in the 800 at the Big 12 Championship (1:55.69).
· Ran the opening leg of UT's All-American distance-medley relay team ... group clocked 9:41.81 and finished eighth.
· One leg of DMR quartet that ran the nation's fastest and Texas school record mark of 9:31.27 ... time was the fastest of the season entering the NCAAs and shattered the Alex Wilson Invitational record ... the time was the fastest in school history by over three seconds (prior record was 9:34.60 set in 2004).
· Won first Big 12 Championship as leadoff leg of distance-medley relay that rounded the track in 9:43.66... picked up a second conference honor with a third-place performance at the league championships (1,000-meter in 2:23.20).
· Captured the Tyson Invitational DMR title running 9:38.66 ... added an individual win in the mile in 4:04.74.
· Provisionally qualified in the mile at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational with a fifth-place showing of 4:02.97.
· Took first place in the 4x800-meter relay at the NYC Gotham Cup as the opening leg of the quartet that clocked 7:43.70 ... added a fourth-place finish in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:54.27.
· NCAA regional qualifier in the 3,000-meter steeplechase ... met the standard at the Big 12 Championship ... garnered first outdoor all-conference honors with a fifth-place showing (8:56.26).
· Finished 19th in the 3000m steeplechase (9:41.25) at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championship.
· Placed fifth in the 2000m steeplechase at the Texas Invitational (5:54.23).
· One of four Longhorns to break the Mike A. Myers Stadium record with a second-place performance (5:40.71).
· Collected All-America honors by running the opening leg of UT's seventh-place distance-medley relay (9:40.71) at the NCAA Championship.
· Earned All-Big 12 honors by placing sixth in the 1,000m (2:23.66) at the Big 12 Championship.
· Took 23rd in the mile (4:19.76) at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational.
Cross Country (Junior)
· Veteran leader who placed seventh amongst UT runners at the Bill Dellinger Invitational (8K) in 25:00.91.
· Took fourth-place (19:18) at the Texas Invitational, running within a pack of seven Longhorns who all finished within 19 seconds of each other.
Prior to Texas
· Starred for two seasons at Providence College.
· Set three career bests during his sophomore year ... ran a then-lifetime bests in the 800-meter (1:50.35), 1,000-yard (2:24.06) and mile (4:03.19).
· Set Texas Relays high school records in the distance-medley relay, clocking 10:09.12 at Klein High school ... also holds KHS records in the DMR, 4x800-meter and 4x1,600-meter relays under coaches Phil Reidel and Scott Yoks.
· Two-time team captain who garnered Senior of the Year accolades in his district.
· Placed third at the 2003 Texas state cross country championships ... also finished third in the 800 (1:53.74) and the 1,600 (4:12.04) at the track district championships in his senior year.
· Member of the National Honor Society.
Born on March 27, 1985 in Gainesville, Fla. ... son of Barry Brown and Bobbi Norris ... father, Barry, participated in cross country and track at Providence College and as a member of the U.S. track and field team ... youngest of five siblings ... economics major.