Sept. 15, 2011
SEASON OPENER: Texas (#5 GolfWorld/Nike; #5 Golfweek) opens the 2011-12 season this week at the Olympia Fields Fighting Illini Invitational
WHERE: Olympia Fields Country Club (north course; par 70, 7,205 yards) - Olympia Fields, Ill.
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 16 through Sunday, Sept. 18; Texas is paired with Florida andIndiana beginning at 8 a.m. Central in eight-minute increments off the 10th tee.
THE TOURNAMENT FIELD (with Golfworld/Nikerankings): No. 2 Oklahoma State, No. 3 Alabama, No. 5 TEXAS, No. 7 Florida, No. 8 Duke, No. 9 Auburn, No. 12 Stanford, No. 13 Illinois, No. 20 Ohio State, No. 22 AugustaState, Arizona State (RV), Florida State (RV), Northwestern (RV), Indiana and Notre Dame.
LAST SEASON AT OLYMPIA FIELDS: Texas placed fifth in the 15-team field at the 2010 Olympia Fields/Fighting Illini Invitational. SeniorBobby Hudson led the Horns by tying for fifth place at 1-over-par.
LIVE SCORING: Olympia Fields Fighting Illini Invitational
Dylan Frittelli (Sr. - Pretoria, South Africa)
• 2011 All-Big 12 selection
• 2010 and 2011 PING third-team All-American
• 2011 Golfweek honorable mention All-American
• Led UT with a 72.81 stroke average in 2010-11
• Three top-10 finishes last season as a junior
• Led UT at the 2011 NCAA Championships by tying for 20th place
• 2010 Big 12 Conference Player of the Year
Cody Gribble (Jr. - Dallas, Texas)
• 2010 Golfweek second-team All-American
• 2010 Big 12 Conference Newcomer of the Year
• Five top-20 finishes last season as a sophomore
Alex Moon (Sr. - Plano, Texas)
• 75.93 stroke average in five starts last season
• Tied for 24th at the 2011 Morris Williams
Kramer Hickok (Fr. - Plano, Texas)
• Ranked No. 36 among high school senior golfers by Golfweek when he signed his NLI to play at UT
• Member of the victorious West team at the 2010 AJGA Canon Cup
• Was ranked as high as No. 2 in Texas among high school senior golfers
Julio Vegas (RS-Jr. – Maturin, Venezuela)
• 74.71 stroke average in nine starts last season
• Notched first career top-five finish at the Morris Williams in a tie for fourth place
LAST SEASON: Playing the most difficult schedule in the country, the Texas Men’s Golf team recorded an impressive 113-56-2 head-to-head record that included a win at the Morris Williams Intercollegiate. After a third-place finish at the Big 12 Championship, Texas advanced to the NCAA Championship when all five Longhorns birdied the 18th hole to leapfrog SMU for the fifth qualifying spot in the NCAA Regional.