TEXAS TEAM NOTES
· Texas leads the all-time series 71-22-4, including 28-14-2 in Waco.
· Texas is 10-0 vs. Baylor under Mack Brown.
· Mack Brown won his 99th game at Texas.
· Texas has won five consecutive games in Waco, by a combined score of 260-20.
· Texas held its opponent to less than 10 rushing yards for the ninth time in the Mack Brown era and the 11th time since 1990.
· Texas held its opponent to less than 45 rushing yards for the third time in 2007 (TCU - 43; Rice - [-11])
· Texas is 47-7 when passing for more than 250 yards in the Mack Brown era.
· Texas is 76-2 when recording more than 400 total yards in the Mack Brown era.
· Texas is 83-7 when leading at halftime in the Mack Brown era.
· Texas is 73-7 when scoring first in the Mack Brown era.
· Texas scored its 57th non-offensive TD since 1999, fourth in the nation.
· Texas is 95-11 when scoring more than 20 points in the Mack Brown era.
· Including the first quarter, Texas held Baylor scoreless at Floyd Casey Stadium for 11 consecutive quarters before yielding the second quarter TD.
· Texas had three players with five receptions or more for the fifth time this season.
· Texas had five players with three or more receptions for the first time this season.
· Texas recorded 400 or more yards of total offense for the 55th time in the last 85 games.
· Texas held the time of possession advantage for the third time this season. The Longhorns are 3-0 in those games, including TCU and Central Florida.
· Texas prevented its opponent from scoring on the opening drive for the sixth time in 2007 (Arkansas State, FG and Kansas State, TD).
· Texas' four interceptions were a season high and are the most by the Longhorns since they recorded three against New Mexico State in the 2003 season opener.
· Bailey has made 43 consecutive PATs.
· Beasley's INT in the fourth quarter was the second of his career.
· Charles' 31-yard reception in the fourth quarter was his longest of the season
· Cosby has recorded a reception in 26 consecutive games.
· Cosby has recorded at least three receptions in seven of UT's eight games.
· Cosby has recorded at least five receptions in six of UT's eight games.
· Cosby hit the 100-reception plateau for his career and ended the game ranked ninth on UT's all-time receptions list with 101.
· Finley has recorded at least one reception in 14 of his last 15 games.
· Finley has recorded two or more receptions in 16 of his last 19 games.
· Finley moved into fifth place on UT's list for career receptions by a tight end with 59, passing Lawrence Stapleton (57).
· Griffin's 91-yard INT return for a TD was the third longest in school history, trailing only Jack Collins (95t vs. Baylor, 1936) and Harrison Stafford (92t vs. SMU).
· Griffin's second INT of the game was his third of the season and the fourth of his career.
· Griffin's multi-INT game was UT's first since Aaron Ross picked off two passes against Oklahoma in 2006.
· Jones has logged three or more receptions in all eight of UT's games.
· Jones has recorded at least four receptions in seven of UT's eight games.
· Jones has recorded at least six receptions in five of UT's eight games.
· Jones' 23-yard TD reception with 5:13 left in the second quarter was his fourth of the season and eighth of his career.
· McCoy logged 300 or more yards of total offense for the fourth time this season.
· McCoy eclipsed the 200-yard mark for the ninth consecutive game and the 14th time in his 21 career games.
· McCoy's 23-yard TD pass to Nate Jones with 5:13 remaining in the second quarter moved him into a tie with Vince Young on UT's list for career TD passes with 44.
· McCoy has thrown at least one TD pass in 19 of his 21 career games.
· McCoy went over the 2,000-yard plateau for passing for the second consecutive season. He became just the fourth UT player to accomplish the feat in back-to-back seasons, joining James Brown (1995-96), Major Applewhite (1998-2000) and Chris Simms (2001-02) and the fifth UT player to accomplish the feat in multiple seasons, joining Brown (1995-96), Applewhite (1998-2000), Simms (2001-02) and Peter Gardere (1990 & 92). He ended the game with 2,169 yards.
· McCoy threw a TD pass in the ninth consecutive game, tying him for third on UT's list with Vince Young. His current streak trails only the 19 by Major Applewhite (1998-99) and 10 by McCoy (2006).
· McCoy reached the 5,000-yard plateau for career total offense. He ended the game with 5,081.
· McCoy passed Bret Stafford (4,735) for sixth place on UT's career passing list with 4,739.
· McGee led the Longhorns in rushing for the second time this season (80 vs. Rice).
· McGee's 4-yard TD run with 7:34 remaining in the fourth quarter was the fifth of his season and career.
· Norton's interception early in the second quarter was the first of his career.
· Ogbonnaya's 3-yard TD run with 3:01 remaining in the third quarter was his first of the season and the third of his career.
· Ogbonnaya's 24-yard kickoff return to start the game was a career long.
· Shipley logged three or more catches in consecutive games for the second time in his career - he also accomplished the feat against Texas Tech and Oklahoma State in 2006.
Game Captains: #5 Billy Pittman, #6 Quan Cosby, #94 Thomas Marshall, #99 Roy Miller
Coin Toss: Baylor wins the toss. Baylor defers choice to the second half. Texas elects to receive. Baylor elects to defend South end zone.