No. 19/16 Texas 21, No. 10/10 Oklahoma 28
October 6, 2007
Cotton Bowl -- Dallas, Texas
TEXAS TEAM NOTES
· Texas' lead in the all-time series was cut to 57-40-5
· Texas' lead in the all-time series in games played in Dallas was cut to 45-36-4
· Texas is 45-7 when passing for more than 250 yards in the Mack Brown era.
· Texas is 93-11 when scoring more than 20 points in the Mack Brown era.
· Texas is 0-2 in Big 12 Conference play for the first time ever.
· Texas prevented its opponent from scoring on the opening drive for the fourth time in 2007 (Arkansas State, FG and Kansas State, TD).
· Bailey has made 31 consecutive PAT kicks.
· Charles has rushed for 70 or more yards in all six games in 2007.
· Cosby has recorded a reception in 24 consecutive games.
· Cosby moved past Walter Fondren (783 - 1955-57), Raymond Clayborn (808 - 1973-76), Hodges Mitchell (811 - 1997-2000) and Adrian Walker (838 - 1989-92) into fourth place on UT's list for career kickoff return yardage, finishing the game with 864 yards.
· Cosby moved second place on UT's single-season kickoff return yardage list with 500, trailing only Mike Adams (622 - 1993).
· Cosby moved into fourth place on UT's single-season list for most kickoff returns with 20.
· Cosby moved into seventh place on UT's career list for most kickoff returns with 34.
· Cosby has logged 100 or more all-purpose yards in five of the six games in 2007.
· Finley has recorded at least one reception in each of his last 13 games.
· Finley has recorded two or more receptions in 15 of his last 17 games.
· Finley became the first TE in school to log two or more receptions of 50 or more yards in a game, season and career.
· Finley's 22-yard TD reception with 6:58 remaining in the second quarter was his first of the season and fourth of his career.
· Finley's 58-yard reception midway through the second quarter was a career-long topping the 55-yard reception he had earlier in the second quarter.
· Finley's 58-yard reception was the seventh longest ever by a UT tight end. The 55-yard reception was the eighth longest.
· Finley's 149-receiving yards set a UT single-game record for a tight end, topping the 126 yards Randy Peschel vs. Rice in 1967.
· Finley passed Randy Peschel (644 - 1967-69) and Pete Lammons (706 - 1963-65), moving into seventh place on UT's list for career receiving yards by a tight end with 708.
· Irby's 26-yard reception in the third quarter was the first of his quarter.
· Jones has logged three or more receptions in all six of UT's games in 2007.
· Early in the second half McCoy became the seventh player in school history to reach the 4,000-yard plateau in career passing yards. He ended the game with 4,148..
· McCoy eclipsed the 200-yard mark for the seventh consecutive game and the 12th time in his 19 career games.
· McCoy eclipsed the 300-yard mark for the second time this season and the fourth time in his career. It was his third best passing output.
· McCoy has thrown at least one TD pass in 17 of his 19 career games.
· McCoy has thrown two or more TD passes in 13 of his 19 career games.
· With his two TD passes, McCoy moved into sole possession of fifth-place on UT's career passing TDs list with 39, passing Peter Gardere (37 - 1989-92).
· McGee's 1-yard TD run with 14:57 remaining in the fourth quarter was his fourth of the season.
· Moore landed three of his six punts inside the 20-yard line. On the season, he is 4-of-9.
· Shipley's 6-yard TD reception with 11:36 remaining in the second quarter was his first of the season and the fifth of his career.
· Shipley scored a TD in the second consecutive Red River Rivalry game.
· Sweed started his 39th consecutive game.
· Sweed has caught at least one pass in 24 consecutive games and 40 of 43 career games.
Attendance: 80,000 - 62nd consecutive sellout of the Red River Rivalry
Game Captains: #9 Nate Jones, #33 Scott Derry, #28 Brandon Foster, #67 Dallas Griffin
Coin Toss: Oklahoma wins the toss; Oklahoma elects to receive; Texas elects to defend the South end zone.