Kansas State 41, No. 7 Texas 21
September 29, 2007
Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium -- Austin, Texas
TEXAS TEAM NOTES
· Texas is 50-6 (.892) in home games during the Mack Brown era.
· Texas is 93-10 (.903) in the Mack Brown era when scoring 20 or more points.
· Texas had a 101-game string of not allowing a punt return for a TD snapped.
· Texas is 9-3 in Big 12 openers and 8-2 in Big 12 openers under Mack Brown.
· Texas is 7-1 when opening Big 12 play at home.
· The Texas-Kansas State series is now even at 5-5.
· Texas is 30-3 (.909) at home vs. league opponents since 1998.
· Texas is 82-3 (.965) when outrushing an opponent under Mack Brown.
TEXAS INDIVIDUAL NOTES
· Bailey has made 28 consecutive PAT kicks.
· With his TD run with 8:07 remaining in the third quarter, Charles has seven rushing TDs on the season, 25 rushing TDs for his career and 28 overall TDs.
· Charles has scored at least one TD in each of the last nine games.
· Charles' TD rush put him in a 10th-place tie with Selvin Young (2002-06) and Marty Akins (1972-75) on UT's career list for rushing TDs with 25.
· Cosby's TD reception with 2:34 remaining in the second quarter was his second of the season and the sixth of his career.
· Cosby has recorded a reception in 23 consecutive games.
· Cosby moved past Ramonce Taylor (701 - 2004-05), Kevin Nelson (651 - 1984-86, '88) and Herkie Walls (622 - 1979-82) into eighth place on UT's list for career kickoff return yardage, finishing the game with 723 yards. .
· Cosby eclipsed the 2,000-yard all-purpose plateau for his career with 2,044.
· Cosby has logged 100 or more all-purpose yards in four of the five games in 2007.
· Finley has recorded at least one reception in each of his last 12 games.
· Finley has recorded two or more receptions in 14 of his last 16 games.
· Finley passed Derek Lewis (47 - 1995-98), Pete Lammons (47 - 1963-65) and William Harris (49 - 1983-85), moving into sixth place on UT's list for career receptions by a tight end with 50.
· Finley passed Derek Lewis (551 - 1995-98), moving into ninth place on UT's list for career receiving yards by a tight end with 559.
· Jones has logged four or more receptions in all five of UT's games in 2007.
· McCoy moved past Shea Morenz (3,774 - 1993-94) into seventh place on UT's career passing list with 3,824.
· McCoy eclipsed the 200-yard mark for the sixth consecutive game and the 11th time in his 18 career games.
· McCoy has thrown at least one TD in 16 of his 18 career games.
· With his TD pass, McCoy moved into a fifth-place tie with Peter Gardere (1989-92) on UT's career passing TDs list with 37.
· McCoy became the 10th player in UT history to move over the 4,000-yard plateau in total offense yardage. He ended the game with 4,096 - passing Bobby Layne (3,990 - 1944-47) for 10th place on the career total offense list.
· McGee's 1-yard TD run with 6:39 remaining in the first quarter was his third of the season.
· Sweed started his 38th consecutive game.
· Sweed has caught at least one pass in 23 consecutive games and 39 of 42 career games.
Attendance: 84,863 - UT's 44th consecutive home sellout.
Game Captains: #79 Tony Hills, #96 Derek Lokey, #97 Frank Okam (Honorary Captains, Vince Young, Bo Scaife, Michael Griffin, Ahmard Hall representing Longhorns in the NFL)
Coin Toss: KSU win the toss; KSU elects to receive; Texas elects to defend the South end zone.