Oct. 30, 2010
Box Score |
Texas 22, #25/24 Baylor 30
October 30, 2010
Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium - Austin, Texas
- Texas registered over 400 yards of total offense for the second consecutive week.
- Owned a 25-17 advantage in first downs for a 50-33 edge over the last two weeks.
- Acho's fumble recovery in the first quarter was his second of the season and the sixth of his career. He moved into a tie with five other players for eighth place on UT's career list for fumble recoveries.
- Acho's two forced fumbles in the first half brought his season total to four and his career total to seven.
- Acho's sack in the third quarter was his sixth of the season and moved his career total to 20.5.
- Gilbert recorded his sixth career 200-yard passing game.
- Gilbert rushed for a career-high 79 yards, topping the 71 yards he posted at Nebraska.
- Gilbert's 20-yard TD run in the third quarter was his third of the season and the fourth of his career.
- Gilbert's 25-yard run in the third quarter equaled a career-long, matching a carry he had at Nebraska earlier this season.
- Goodwin's 71 receiving yards was a career-high, topping the 70 yards he registered against Alabama in the BCS National Championship game in January of 2010.
- Jones' sack in the second quarter was his sixth of the season and moved his career total to 13.5.
- Kirkendoll's 45-yard reception in the third quarter equaled a season-long, two yards shy of a career-long.
- Kirkendoll reached the 100-reception plateau for his career, ending the game with 100.
- Robinson's sack in the third quarter was his second of the season and moved his career total to 4.5.
- Scott's interception in the third quarter was the first of his career.
- Tucker tied a single-game school record with five field goals. The record was set by Jeff Ward at Arkansas in 1985 and tied by Kris Stockton at Texas Tech in 2000 and Ryan Bailey at UCF in 2007.
- Tucker registered his eighth consecutive game with a made field goal.
- Tucker made at least two field goals for the seventh time in eight games this season.
- Tucker registered a career-high with five field goals, topping the two field goals he had on six prior occasions.
- Whittaker's 26-yard pass in the third quarter was the first of his career.
Attendance: 100,452 (sellout) - 62nd consecutive sellout at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
Game Captains: #1 Keenan Robinson, #21 Blake Gideon, #28 Fozzy Whittaker, #63 Michael Huey; Honorary Captains - Team Doctor Dr. Andrea Pana, Ralene Gideon and Brenda Davis (all three have been breast cancer patients).
Coin Toss: Baylor calls heads. Coin lands tails. Texas defers to second half. Baylor elects to receive. Texas elects to defend North end zone.