Oct. 23, 2010
Box Score |
No. 22 Texas 21, Iowa State 28
October 23, 2010
Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium - Austin, Texas
- Texas registered a season-high 440 yards of total offense and 344 passing yards.
- Outgained a team in total offense for the sixth time this season.
- Texas averaged 50.2 yards per punt, including the longest punt since the 2002 season - a 70-yarder by Justin Tucker.
- Chiles recorded the first 100-yard receiving game of his career.
- Chiles recorded a career-high with 117 receiving yards, topping his 55-yard effort against UCLA earlier this season.
- Chiles' 17-yard TD reception in the fourth quarter was his first of the season and the fourth of his career.
- Davis registered a career-high eight receptions, one shy of the freshman school record (9 - B.J. Johnson vs. Baylor, 2000).
- Davis passed Limas Sweed (23 - 2004) and Kwame Cavil (23 - 1997) to move into fourth place on UT's single-season list for receptions by a freshman with 24 so far this year.
- Earnest registered a career-high nine tackles.
- Gilbert recorded his fifth career 200-yard passing game.
- Gilbert recorded his first career 300-yard passing game.
- Gilbert passed for 178 yards in the fourth quarter, the eighth-highest total for a UT player in any quarter and the second-highest total for a fourth quarter behind only Major Applewhite's 197 yards against Stanford in 1997.
- Gilbert's two TD passes in the fourth quarter moved his season total to six and his career total to eight.
- Gilbert's 344 passing yards were a career-high, topping his 266 yards against Oklahoma earlier this season.
- Gilbert's 34 completions were a career-high, topping his 30 completions against UCLA earlier this season.
- Gilbert's two-point conversion run was the first of his career.
- Gilbert's 356 yards of total offense were a career-high, topping his 283 yards against UCLA earlier this season.
- Gilbert's 57 passing attempts were a career-high and one short of the school record of 58 set by Colt McCoy against Ohio State in the 2008 Fiesta Bowl.
- Goodwin registered a career-high seven receptions, topping the six catches he had against UCLA earlier this season.
- Jones' sack in the second half was his fifth of the season and moved his career total to 12.5.
- Kirkendoll's 44 receiving yards put him over the 1,000-yard plateau for his career with 1,014.
- Robinson's interception in the fourth quarter was his second of the season and his career.
- Tucker averaged 53.0 yards a punt on his two punts, landing both of his kicks inside the 20-yard line, including one downed at the 1-yard line.
- Tucker's 70-yard punt in the first quarter was the longest by a Texas player since Sep. 28, 2002 when Brian Bradford boomed a 71-yarder against Tulane.
- Williams 9-yard TD reception in the fourth quarter was first of the season and the sixth of his career.
Attendance: 100,142 (sellout) - 61st consecutive sellout at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
Game Captains: #42 Dustin Earnest, #63 Michael Huey, #64 Kyle Hix, #91 Kheeston Randall
Coin Toss: Texas wins the toss and defers to the second half. Iowa State elects to receive. Texas elects to defend the South End Zone.