Box Score |
No. 21/16 Texas 20, No. 8/8 Oklahoma 28
October 2, 2010
Cotton Bowl - Dallas, Texas
- Texas lost back-to-back games for the first time since falling to Kansas State on Sep. 29, 2007 and Oklahoma on Oct. 6, 2007.
- Texas outgained a team in total offense for the fourth time this season.
- Brown's sack in the middle of the fourth quarter was his first of the season and the fourth of his career.
- Acho unofficially recorded 17 tackles for the game, topping his career-high of 7 set against UTEP on Sept. 26, 2009
- Acho's sack in the fourth quarter was his second of the season and the fourth of his career
- Acho's half-sack in the third quarter moved his season total to 3.5 and his career total to 18.
- Gilbert recorded his fourth career 200-yard passing game.
- Gilbert recorded his fourth consecutive 200-yard passing game.
- Gilbert recorded a career-high 266 passing yards, surpassing his 264-yard effort one week earlier against UCLA.
- Johnson's 5-yard TD run with 9:52 remaining in the fourth quarter was his third of the season and the 27th of his career, tying him with A.J. "Jam" Jones for ninth place on UT's all-time list.
- Johnson's 33-yard reception in the middle of the fourth quarter was a career-long.
- Kirkendoll registered a career-high eight receptions, equaling the mark he set against Kansas in 2009.
- Matthews registered a career-high four receptions, topping the two he recorded one week earlier against UCLA.
- Monroe's 60-yard run for a TD with 3:46 remaining in the first quarter was a career-long, topping a 28-yard run he had against Alabama at the end of the 2009 season.
- Monroe's TD run was the first of his career, but his third overall TD (two kickoff return TDs)
- Monroe registered a career-high 65 rushing yards, topping the 64 he logged against ULM in 2009.
- Converted on a fake-punt 4th-down run for the second time on the season.
- Robinson recorded a career-high 19 tackles, eclipsing the 10 he recorded against Nebraska in the 2009 Big 12 Championship.
- Improved to 9-of-11 for his career on field goal attempts, including 6-of-6 on kicks 40 yards or less.
- Improved to 13-of-13 for his career on PAT attempts.
- Whittaker's six receptions equaled a career-high, matching the tally he recorded one week earlier against UCLA.
Attendance: 96,009 (65th consecutive sellout for the game at the Cotton Bowl)
Game Captains: #9 Aaron Williams, #21 Blake Gideon, #72 Britt Mitchell, #81 Sam Acho
Coin Toss: Texas wins the toss and defers to the second half. Oklahoma elects to receive. Texas elects to defend the North goal.