Box Score |
No. 7/4 Texas 12, UCLA 34
September 25, 2010
Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium - Austin, Texas
- Texas held UCLA to 27 passing yards, tied for the 13th lowest total since 1944 and the lowest tally since holding Rice to 27 in 2003.
- Texas held UCLA to -6 yards of total offense on 10 plays in the first quarter.
- Texas lost its first home game since falling to Kansas State on Sep. 29, 2007 - snapping a 16-game win streak.
- Texas had two different players unleash a punt of 60 or more yards (Justin Tucker - 65, John Gold - 62).
- Acho's fumble recovery late in the second quarter was his first of the season and third of his career.
- Acho's forced fumble in the first quarter was his second of the season and the fifth of his career.
- Acho's sack in the first quarter was his third of the season and moved his career total to 17.5.
- Acho's fumble recovery late in the first quarter was his first of the season and fifth of his career.
- Chiles' 55 receiving yards was a career-high, topping the 49 yards he recorded against Wyoming in 2009.
- Gilbert's TD pass with 2:28 remaining in the fourth quarter moves his season total to four and career tally to six.
- Gilbert recorded his third career 200-yard passing game.
- Gilbert recorded his third consecutive 200-yard passing game.
- Gilbert recorded a career-high 264 passing yards, surpassing his 227-yard effort one week earlier against Texas Tech.
- Gilbert recorded a career-high 30 pass completions, surpassing his 22 against Wyoming in the second week of 2010.
- Gilbert recorded a career-high 45 pass attempts, surpassing his 40 against Alabama last year's BCS National Championship Game.
- Gilbert connected on 11 consecutive passes between the end of the Texas Tech game and the first nine attempts of the UCLA game. The streak is tied for the ninth-longest in school history.
- Gold's 62-yard punt late in the first quarter was a career long. His previous best was a 59-yarder against Texas A&M in 2008.
- Goodwin's six receptions were a career-high, topping the five he recorded against UTEP in 2009.
- Goodwin's 62 receiving yards were a season-high, topping the 50 he recorded against Rice earlier this sesason.
- Jeffcoat's sack late in the first quarter gives him 2.5 for his career.
- Kirkendoll's TD reception with 2:28 remaining in the fourth quarter was his first of the season and the eighth of his career.
- Monroe rushed for 51 yards, his highest rushing output since gaining 64 yards in the first game of 2009 against UL-Monroe.
- Monroe's 174 all-purpose yards is one shy of his career-high (175 vs. UL-Monroe 2009).
- Tucker improved to 7-of-9 for his career on field goal attempts.
- Williams' two forced fumbles in the first half gave him two for the season and five for his career.
- With his 30 receiving yards, Williams reached the 1,000-yard receiving plateau for his career ending the game with 1,000.
- Whittaker's six receptions were a career-high, topping the five he hauled in against Kansas in 2008.
Attendance: 101,437 (stadium attendance record) - 61st consecutive sellout at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
Game Captains: #3 Curtis Brown, #11 James Kirkendoll, #78 David Snow, #81 Sam Acho
Coin Toss: UCLA calls heads. Coin lands heads. UCLA defers to the second half. Texas elects to receive. UCLA elects to defend the north end zone.