Sept. 11, 2010
Box Score |
Mack Brown ERA MARKS
- Texas started the season 2-0 for the fourth consecutive season.
- Texas' defense held Wyoming to four first downs in the first half.
- Texas' defense held Wyoming to 58 rushing yards on 30 attempts for the game, including -2 yards on 15 attempts in the second half.
- Texas' defense held Wyoming to 3-of-12 on third down for the game and 0-for-4 in the second half.
- Texas went without a turnover on offense for the second consecutive game.
- Texas went without allowing a sack for the second consecutive game.
- Texas improved to 67-6 (.918) in home games at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium/Jamail Field during the Mack Brown era.
- Texas won its 16th consecutive game at home, tied for the fourth-best string in UT history.
- Texas improved to 4-0 all-time vs. Wyoming, winning the four games by a combined score of 92-20.
- Texas has won 32 of its last 35 games played in August/September and 39 of 44 overall under Mack Brown.
- UT is now 108-3 when outrushing an opponent.
- UT is now 96-14 when outpassing an opponent.
- UT is now 98-16 when passing for more than 200 yards.
- UT is now 92-10 when scoring first.
- UT is now 124-14 when scoring more than 20 points.
- UT is now 108-7 when leading at halftime.
- UT is now 116-5 when leading after three quarters.
- UT is now 95-9 against unranked opponents.
- UT is now 51-4 against unranked opponents at home.
- Acho's sack in the fourth quarter was his second of the season and moved his career total to 16.5.
- Davis's 45-yard TD reception with 1:36 remaining in the second quarter was the first of his career.
- Davis recorded his first career 100-yard receiving game.
- Davis recorded the 12th 100-yard receiving game by a UT freshman.
- Davis became the ninth freshman in UT history to register a 100-yard receiving game.
- Davis seven receptions are tied with Kwame Cavil (7 vs. Texas Tech, 1997) and Jamel Thompson (1997 vs. Texas Tech) for second place on UT's freshman list. B.J. Johnson holds the record with nine vs. Baylor in 2000.
- Gilbert moved his career record as a starter to 2-0.
- Gilbert's 45-yard TD pass to Mike Davis with 1:36 remaining in the second quarter was the longest TD pass and second-longest pass of his career.
- Gilbert recorded his first career 200-yard passing game.
- Gilbert recorded a career-high 222 passing yards, surpassing his 186-yard effort against Alabama in the BCS National Championship game to end the 2009 season.
- Gilbert recorded a career-high 22 pass completions, surpassing the 15 he completed against Alabama in the BCS National Championship game to end the 2009 season.
- Gilbert logged a career-high for first-half passing yards in a half with 167.
- Johnson's two TD runs were his first of the season and moved his career total to 26. His career tally is tied with Roosevelt Leaks (1972-74) for 10th place on UT's career list.
- Jones' sack in the third quarter was his second of the season and raised his career total to 9.5.
- Robinson's sack in the third quarter was his first of the season and raised his career total to 3.5.
- Improved to 4-of-6 for his career on field goal attempts.
- Whittaker's 39-yd TD run with 3:24 remaining in the second quarter was the longest of his career. It marked his first TD run of the season and fifth of his career.
- Whittaker's 62 rushing yards was a season-high and the third highest total of his career.
- Whittaker averaged 8.9 yards per rush.
Attendance: 101,339 (2nd largest crowd in stadium history) - 60th consecutive sellout at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.
Game Captains: #3 Curtis Brown, #32 Eddie Jones, #72 Britt Mitchell, #83 Greg Smith
Coin Toss: Wyoming wins the toss and defers to the second half; Texas elects to receive; Wyoming elects to defend the South End Zone.