TEXAS (17-7, 7-3 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma State (19-5, 5-4 Big 12)
Monday, Feb. 12, 2007 · 8 p.m. Central
Frank Erwin Center (16,755) · Austin, Texas
GAME DAY QUICK FACTS
TELEVISION: The game will be televised nationally by ESPN. Ron Franklin (pxp), Fran Fraschilla (analyst) and Holly Rowe (reporter) will call the action.
RADIO: The Longhorn Sports Network and KVET (FM 98.1/1300 AM Sportsradio The Zone) broadcast every UT game on the statewide network. Craig Way (pxp) and Eddie Oran (color) will call the action. Check www.TexasSports.com for a listing of affiliates carrying the game.
SERIES: Tied, 34-34. Last meeting: Oklahoma State 105-103 3ot (Jan. 16, 2007; Stillwater).
Series vs. Oklahoma State
Monday's contest marks the 69th meeting between Texas and Oklahoma State. The all-time series, which dates back to a 33-9 Texas win in Austin on Feb. 8, 1918, is tied at 34 wins apiece. The Longhorns have won 19 of the last 29 meetings between the two schools dating back to the 1976-77 season.
Success Against OSU in Austin
The Horns have posted a 19-11 mark against Oklahoma State in games played in Austin. In fact, Texas has won 10 of the last 12 contests against the Cowboys in Austin and is 9-2 versus Oklahoma State in the Erwin Center.
A Classic in Stillwater Earlier this Year
· The triple-overtime game against Oklahoma State in Stillwater back on Jan. 16 marked the second-longest contest in UT history and the second-longest game in Big 12 Conference history. Texas dropped a 95-94 decision in four overtimes at TCU on Jan. 17, 1961. Missouri posted a 112-109 victory in four overtimes against Iowa State on Jan. 13, 2001.
· Four Longhorns played at least 50 minutes during the game. A.J. Abrams set a school record for most minutes played (statistic kept since 1972-73) by playing all 55 minutes. Kevin Durant (52), Justin Mason (52) and D.J. Augustin (50) all topped the 50-minute plateau. The previous school record was 50 by Albert Burditt in a double-overtime home win against Utah on Dec. 29, 1993.
Iowa State Game Notes
· D.J. Augustin had a career-high 31 points. It marked his first career 30-point performance and sixth time that he has reached the 20-point mark this year. He has posted double figures in scoring in 17 of the 24 games.
· Texas has had at least one player reach the 20-point plateau in all 24 games this season.
· D.J. Augustin tied the UT single-game record for free throw percentage (1.000, 10-of-10; minimum 10 attempts since the 1960-61 season). He became the 14th different player to accomplish the feat.
· D.J. Augustin tied his career high in field goals made (9-of-13) and steals (four).
· Kevin Durant reached double figures in scoring (17 points) in all 24 contests. His 17-point total marked the first time in 10 league contests that he did not reach the 20-point mark. Durant also set a career high in steals (five).
· Damion James reached double figures in scoring (10 points) for the eighth time this year. He was a perfect 5-of-5 from the floor in the win.
· A.J. Abrams set a career high in rebounds (six). He has converted at least one 3-pointer in 27 straight games.
· Connor Atchley has recorded at least one block in 12 straight contests.
· The seven freshmen combined to log 65 of the 77 points (84.4%), 16 of the 26 rebounds (76.1%) and 10 of the 14 assists (71.4%).
"Big Monday" Home Cooking
Texas has been a tough team to beat on Monday evenings when ESPN's cameras have broadcast games from the Erwin Center. In fact, the Horns hold a 10-2 mark in ESPN "Big Monday" home contests entering Monday's game. Six of the 10 victories have come against AP Top 25 opposition.
A Check of the Polls
Texas is not ranked in the most recent Associated Press Top 25 poll (Feb. 5) and ranked No. 25 in the latest ESPN/USA Today Top 25 Coaches poll (Feb. 5). The Longhorns were tabbed No. 21 in the AP Preseason poll, marking the fifth consecutive year and ninth time in the last 11 seasons that UT has been ranked in the AP Preseason poll. During the Barnes era, the Horns have spent 104 weeks in the AP Top 25, including 41 in the Top 10.