Jan. 17, 2013
TEXAS (8-8, 0-3)
vs. No. 4/4 Kansas (15-1, 3-0)
Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013 • 1 p.m. CT
Austin, Texas • Erwin Center (16,540)
Kevin Harlan (play-by-play), Clark Kellogg (analyst).
Radio: Longhorn IMG Radio Network
Craig Way (play-by-play); Eddie Oran (analyst).
Satellite Radio: XM 202 / Sirius 216
Streaming Audio: TexasSports.com
Live Stats: GameTracker
Series: Kansas leads, 20-7
KU 73, UT 63
March 3, 2012 - Lawrence, Kan.
Texas Game Notes
Notes at a Glance
• Kansas and Texas will meet for the 28th time on Saturday. The Jayhawks hold a 20-7 lead in the all-time series. Texas is 5-5 at home in the series, including a 3-2 mark in the last five games played at the Erwin Center.
• UT owns a 30-14 (.682) mark against AP Top 25 opponents under Rick Barnes at the Erwin Center. The Horns are 1-0 this year at home against AP Top 25 opponents, defeating No. 23 North Carolina 85-67 on Dec. 19.
• Texas ranks second in the nation in FG percentage defense (.343) -- only behind Kansas’ .342 mark -- and leads in 3-point FG percentage defense (.248). The Longhorns are holding opponents to 61.4 points per game this season.
• Texas ranks second in the Big 12 in blocked shots (5.7 bpg). The Horns have posted an 91-48 advantage in blocked shots against its opponents this year.
• Sophomore F Jonathan Holmes leads the team in rebounds (7.8 rpg). He has led the team in scoring the last two games and is averaging 10.7 ppg and 7.7 rpg in Big 12 play.
• Freshman PG Javan Felix leads the Big 12 and all NCAA DI freshmen in assists (6.3 apg) ... leads the Big 12 in minutes played (36.4 mpg) ... did not committ a turnover against Iowa State ... has a 35-to-10 (3.50) assist-to-turnover ratio in the last five games ... during Big 12 play, averaging a team-best 14.3 ppg and has posted a 17-to-4 assist-to-turnover ratio.
• Sophomore G Julien Lewis is UT’s second-leading scorer (11.8 ppg) and is shooting 43.7 percent from the field.