Nov. 21, 2012
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | AP Photo Gallery
Texas 69, Mississippi State 55
Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012
Lahaia Civic Center • 2,400
• Texas leads the all-time series against Mississippi State, 5-3. The series dates back to a 93-82 UT victory on Dec. 30, 1960 in Houston. The Longhorns are a perfect 4-0 in neutral-site contests against the Bulldogs.
• Dominant first half: Texas led at halftime, 38-20 after holding MSU to 22 percent shooting from the field. The Bulldogs did not record a FG in last 10:22 of the first half. Texas ended the half on a 27-10 run, which included a run of 20-3.
• Block party: Texas’ 12 blocks against MSU are one away from tying a program-record 13 (set twice vs. UTSA in 2004 and Cal in 2000). Texas’ seven blocks in the first half were two away from a program-record nine blocks in a half (set vs. K-State in 2007).
• Texas set a season high in 3-point field goals made (10). The Longhorns shot 55.6 percent (10-18) from beyond the arc.
• Texas held Mississippi State to 33.3 percent FG shooting (17-of-51), including a 5-of-23 (.217) mark from beyond the arc. UT has limited its first five opponents to an average of 59.8 ppg on a combined 33.0 percent FG shooting (95-of-288), including a 25.2 percent mark from 3-point range (26-of-103).
• Sheldon McClellan tied a career high in 3-point field goals made (4). McClellan reached double figures in scoring (19 points) for the fifth time this year and 25th time in his career (38 games).
• Cameron Ridley set season highs in points (8), rebounds (12) and blocks (5).
• Julien Lewis reached double figures in scoring (15 points) for the third time this year and 13th time in his career (36 games). Lewis averaged 14.0 ppg on 57 percent shooting from the field (16-of-28) at the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational.
• Javan Felix recorded five or more assists (7) for the fourth consecutive game after playing in just 30 minutes on Wednesday.
• Jaylen Bond did not play due to injury (left foot).