Nov. 12, 2012
Box Score |
Texas 69, Coppin State 46
Monday, Nov. 12, 2012
Frank C. Erwin Center • 8,603
• Series vs. Coppin State: Texas leads, 4-0. The series started in a second-round game of the 1997 NCAA Tournament. The last three games have been played at the Erwin Center.
• Sophomore Sheldon McClellan led the Longhorns in scoring for the second time this season with a career-high 25 points. His previous career high was 24 points against Oklahoma (Feb. 29, 2012). It is second consecutive game that McClellan has scored 20 points or more and the fourth of his career.
• Rebounding margin: Texas out-rebounded Coppin State, 50-25. Five Longhorns had five rebounds or more, led by nine rebounds from Ioannis Papapetrou and Prince Ibeh. The +25 rebounding margin is the largest since out-rebounding Temple 48-23 (+25) last season.
• FG Defense: UT held Coppin State to 24.6 percent shooting (14-57). Texas is 208-19 in the Barnes era when holding opponents to under 40 percent field goal shooting. Since Barnes arrived in Austin, the Horns have held 227 of their 481 opponents to under 40 percent FG shooting. Coppin State’s 24.6 percent shooting is the lowest by an opponent since Texas State shot 25.9 percent last season.
• Success in The Drum: Texas is 109-12 at the Erwin Center in the last eight seasons (dating to the start of the 2005-06 season) and has registered an all-time record of 424-98 in the building. Since Rick Barnes arrived in Austin, UT has recorded a 199-27 mark at home. Texas is in its 36th year of play in the Erwin Center.
• Three-Point Streak: Texas extended its consecutive three-point FG streak to 724 games. The last time the Longhorns did not convert a three-pointer in a contest came on Dec. 18, 1990, in an 87-84 overtime victory at UC-Santa Barbara.