June 3, 2011
- Kent State will play in a winner's bracket game on Saturday at 6:30 pm Central against the Texas/Princeton winner.
- Texas State will play in an elimination game on Saturday at 1 pm Central against the Texas/Princeton loser.
- The official attendance for today's session is 5,178.
Kent State (44-15)
- Kent State's win moved its all-time mark in NCAA Regional play to 8-12 (12th NCAA Regional appearance)
- The Flashes' victory improved their record to 3-1 in extra-inning contests this season.
- George Roberts' three-hit outing against Texas State marked his 11th multi-hit outing of the season and his third with three hits.
- Kyle Hallock's two-strikeout performance pushed his season total to 85 and moved him into a tie for ninth place on the KSU single season charts.
- Kyle McMillen came on in relief in the ninth for his 26th appearance of the season. He is now tied with Jon Pokorny (2009) for fourth place on the KSU single-season appearance charts. McMillen notched his first victory of the season after throwing the final 2.1 innings.
Texas State (40-22)
- Texas State's loss moved its all-time mark in NCAA Regional play to 3-9 (fifth NCAA Regional appearance)
- The Bobcats loss dropped its record to 1-3 in extra-inning games this season.
- Carson Smith's strikeout of Ben Kalfczynski in the fourth inning was his 128th strikeout of the season and set a new Texas State single-season strikeout record. Smith concluded the afternoon with six strikeouts in the game and 130 in 2011.
- Casey Kalenkosky's double in the eighth inning was his team-leading 16th double of the season. The double extended his team-best reached-base streak to 17 games.
- Kyle Kubitza's sacrifice fly in the eighth inning was his 141st career RBI giving him sole possession of second place on the Texas State career RBI charts.