May 31, 2009
· With the win, Army advances to take on Texas on Sunday at 6 p.m.
· Boston College concludes its NCAA Austin Regional with a 1-2 mark.
· Today's game marked the sixth meeting between Boston College and Army and the first since 1924.
· Boston College made its 10th NCAA postseason appearance and its first since 1967.
· Army is making its fourth NCAA postseason appearance.
· The attendance for the regional's fifth game was 4,869.
Boston College (34-26)
· With its loss, Boston College is now 17-21 in NCAA Regional action.
· BC's all-time record against Army moves to 4-2.
· Designated hitter Tony Sanchez's single in the first moved his current hitting streak to eight games. His two-hit effort was his 22nd multi-hit game of the season.
· Centerfielder Robbie Anston's single in the second extended his current hitting streak to nine games.
· Second baseman Matt Hamlet's two-hit performance was his 10th multi-hit effort of the season.
· Third baseman Mickey Wiswall's two hits against Army marked his team-best 25th multi-hit game of the season.
· Leftfielder Andrew Lawrence's two-hit effort was his 11th multi-hit contest of the year.
· With its win, Army is now 3-7 in NCAA Regional action.
· Army's two wins in the 2009 NCAA Austin Regional mark the first time it has won two games in a regional.
· Army's all-time record against BC moves to 2-4.
· With its run in the fourth, Army has now scored a run in every game this season.
· With its three doubles against Boston College, Army pushed its season total to 115, setting a new team single-season record.
· Second baseman Zach Price's two-hit performance against Army was his 20th multi-hit game of the season.
· Shortstop Clint Moore's single in the fifth extended his current hitting streak to six games.
· First baseman Kevin McKague registered two hits on the day, tallying his 22nd multi-hit game of the year.
· Relief pitcher Tyler Anderegg has now tossed 3.1 innings in three NCAA Austin Regional appearances, striking out five and walking none.