May 30, 2009
· With the win, Army advances to take on the loser of the Texas/Boston College game on Sunday at 12 p.m.
· Texas State concludes its NCAA Austin Regional with an 0-2 record.
· Today's game marked the first time that Texas State and Army have met on the diamond.
· Texas State is making its fourth NCAA postseason appearance.
· Army is making its fourth NCAA postseason appearance.
· The attendance for the regional's third game was 5,047.
Texas State (41-17)
· The Bobcats loss moved Texas State to 3-8 all-time in NCAA postseason action.
· After surrendering five runs in the eighth, Texas State falls to 32-6 when leading after seven innings.
· Third baseman Paul Goldschmidt's two doubles moved his team-best double total to 21 in 2009. His two-double effort marked his fifth game of the season with two doubles. His two-hit performance was his 24th multi-hit game of the season.
· Goldschmidt's three runs scored against Army extended his season total to 72, a mark that ranks second on the club.
· Leftfielder Spenser Dennis' two hits against the Black Knights marked his 23rd multi-hit game of the year.
· With its win, Army is now 2-7 in NCAA Regional action. The victory was the Black Knights first NCAA Regional victory since defeating South Alabama, 8-3 at the 2005 NCAA Tallahassee Regional.
· With its run in the third, Army has now scored a run in every game this season.
· After rallying for five runs in the eight, Army improves to 2-12 when trailing after seven innings.
· Designated hitter Joey Henshaw's solo home run in the third was his team-high 12th of the season, tying the single season school record held by Schuyler Williamson (2004) and Mike Scioletti (1997).
· Henshaw's RBI in the third was his 68th of the year, setting a new Army single-season RBI mark. His run scored was his 46th of the year, moving him into ninth place on the single-season runs scored list.
· Henshaw's three-RBI performance was his 16th multi-RBI game of the season. His current season RBI total is now 70.
· Shortstop Clint Moore's single in the seventh extended his current hitting streak to five games.