March 14, 2013
Game Notes vs. Texas Tech - March 15-17
Texas (11-5) vs. Texas Tech (12-7)
Where: Austin, Texas (UFCU Disch-Falk Field)
Time: 6:30 p.m. (Friday), 2 p.m. (Saturday), 1 p.m. (Sunday)
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
Television: Longhorn Network
(PbP - Kevin Dunn, Analyst - Danny Graves)
Radio: AM 1300 The Zone
(PbP - Roger Wallace/Craig Way, Analyst - Bill Little)
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 102-37 (H: 56-14; A: 41-19; N: 5-4)
Probable Starting Pitchers
Friday - RHP Dominic Moreno (1-1, 4.79) vs. RHP Parker French (3-1, 1.59)
Saturday - RHP Trey Masek (3-0, 0.00) vs. LHP Dillon Peters (1-1, 2.28)
Sunday - RHP Matt Withrow (2-1, 5.40) vs. RHP Nathan Thornhill (1-1, 2.61)
· Texas is 102-37 all-time against Texas Tech. The Longhorns have won six consecutive series against the Red Raiders (both teams split a two-game series during the 2006 season in Lubbock).
· Texas has a 2.31 staff ERA in 12 home games this season at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. Opponents have hit only .224 against Longhorn pitchers at home in 2013. Mark Payton is batting .512 (22-for-43) at home this season.
· Texas is 5-1 in one-run games this season after going 5-7 in one-run games last year.
· Texas is 10-0 this season with a lead after six innings.
· The Longhorns have registered 10 or more hits in a game five times this season. They have recorded double-digit hits in three of the last four games.
· This season, Texas pitchers have averaged 2.50 walks per game (40 total in 16 games). The school record for walks per nine innings is 2.25 per game, set by the 2001 team (139 walks in 556 innings).
· This season, the Longhorns have scored 12 runs in the eighth inning (highest total in any inning).
· Texas Tech's starting pitcher on Sunday (Matt Withrow) is the son of former Texas pitcher Mike Withrow (1980-81).
· Ben Johnson and Jeremy Montalbano homered in Sunday's win against UC Santa Barbara. It was the first time the Longhorns recorded two homers in a game since May 17, 2012, at Baylor.
· Since 1967, the fewest number of home runs hit by a Longhorn squad was 12 by the 1968 team. The 2013 Longhorns have hit three home runs through 16 games.
· Sophomore outfielder Taylor Stell is 8-for-9 this season for stolen bases and is 14-for-15 in his career.
· Parker French and Dillon Peters both threw seven innings during the Sacramento State series. It was the first time that two Texas pitchers have thrown seven or more innings in the same three-game series since May 6-7, 2011, when Taylor Jungmann and Cole Green each threw eight innings at Nebraska.
· 28 out of 35 players were named to the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll in the fall 2012 semester for earning a 3.0 grade-point-average or higher.
· On Feb. 22, head coach Augie Garrido earned his 700th win during his 17-year tenure at Texas. The Longhorns defeated Nebraska, 8-2.
· Head coach Augie Garrido needs 35 wins (1,858) to tie Gordon Gillespie for the most wins (1,893) by any college baseball coach at any level.
· This season marks the 30th anniversary of the 1983 national championship team.