Feb. 21, 2013
Game Notes - Nebraska series - Feb. 22-24
Texas (3-1) vs. Nebraska (0-4)
Where: Austin, Texas (UFCU Disch-Falk Field)
Time: 7 p.m. (Friday), 1 p.m. (Saturday), Noon (Sunday)
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
Television: Longhorn Network
(PbP - Kevin Dunn, Analyst - Danny Graves)
Radio: Friday - AM 1300 The Zone
(PbP - Craig Way, Analyst - Roger Wallace)
Saturday - TexasSports.com (live stream)
(PbP - Roger Wallace, Analyst - Bill Little
Sunday - AM 1300 The Zone
(PbP - Craig Way, Analyst - Bill Little)
All-Time Series: Series tied, 28-28 (H: 12-15; A: 12-11; N: 4-2)
Probable Starting Pitchers
Friday - RHP Brandon Pierce (0-1, 22.50) vs. RHP Parker French (1-0, 0.00)
Saturday - RHP Christian DeLeon (0-0, 1.93) vs. LHP Dillon Peters (1-0, 2.57)
Sunday - RHP Ryan Hander (0-0, 5.06) vs. RHP Nathan Thornhill (0-1, 7.36)
· Head coach Augie Garrido needs one win for his 700th win during his 17-year tenure at Texas.
· Texas and Nebraska are tied 28-28 all-time in baseball. The Longhorns have won eight of the last 10 games against the Cornhuskers. UT took two of three in Lincoln in the last series between the two schools (May 6-8, 2011) with the Longhorns also winning the last series, 2-1, in Austin (March 19-21, 2010).
· Matt Moynihan has a season-opening four-game hitting streak.
· The Longhorns have 10 stolen bases this season (2.50 per game) with the school record being 2.66 stolen bases per game in 1982 when the Longhorns set a school record with 173 swipes in 65 games.
· Texas batted .347 as a team during the Sacramento State series with a .417 on-base percentage. Five players in the lineup batted .300 or higher (Mark Payton, C.J Hinojosa, Taylor Stell, Matt Moynihan and Weston Hall).
· Texas stole seven bases during the Sacramento State series (2.33 per game) while the 2012 Longhorns stole 58 bases for the entire season (1.12 per game).
· Parker French and Dillon Peters both threw seven innings during the Sacramento State series. It was the first time that two Texas pitchers have thrown seven or more innings in the same three-game series since May 6-7, 2011, when Taylor Jungmann and Cole Green each threw eight innings at Nebraska.
· With an average attendance of 5,694 last weekend in the season-opening series against Sacramento State at UFCU Disch-Falk Field, Texas ranked sixth in the nation.
· The top three hitters from last year's team returns for the 2013 season: Erich Weiss (.350), Mark Payton (.322) and Jacob Felts (.282).
· Four pitchers with a combined 34 starts from last year return in 2013: Nathan Thornhill (11), Dillon Peters (11), Parker French (nine) and Corey Knebel (three). John Curtiss, who recorded four starts, is out for the 2013 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery.
· 28 out of 35 players were named to the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll in the fall 2012 semester for earning a 3.0 grade-point-average or higher.
· Head coach Augie Garrido needs 43 wins (1,850) to tie Gordon Gillespie for the most wins (1,893) by any college baseball coach at any level.
· Since 2002, Texas is 10-2 in season openers and has won six straight openers (Texas defeated Sacramento State, 6-5, last Friday).
· This season marks the 30th anniversary of the 1983 national championship team.