Feb. 21, 2011
No. 6 Texas (3-1) vs. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (4-0)
When: Feb. 22, 2011, at 3 p.m. Central
Where: Austin, Texas (UFCU Disch-Falk Field)
Radio: 1300 AM "The Zone"
Internet Video and Audio: TexasSports.tv
Live stats: Gametracker
Twitter updates: www.Twitter.com/Texas_Baseball
All-Time Series: Texas leads 14-1
At UFCU Disch-Falk Field: Texas leads 13-1
Coach Garrido vs. TAMUCC: 14-1
PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 3 p.m. Central
Texas: RHP Keifer Nuncio (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
TAMUCC: RHP Justin Meza (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
• The Longhorns are outscoring opponents 11-1 in the final three innings of ball games this season, despite not batting in the ninth inning of any games to date. The Horns own a 6-1 advantage in the seventh inning and a 5-0 edge in the eighth inning.
• On the season, Longhorns leading off an an inning have reached base 15 times in 31 innings for a 48.4% rate. Leading the way are Paul Montalbano and Tant Shepherd who have each reached base three times in five leadoff opportunities.
• Three of the Longhorns’ top four hitters after the first four games are freshmen. Erich Weiss is leading the bunch, hitting .818 (9-of-11) with six runs, one double, two triples and seven RBI. Jacob Felts is batting .500 (4-of-8) with three RBI. Mark Payton is hitting .400 (6-of-15) with five runs, four doubles and four RBI.
• Already the Longhorns’ career leader in sacrifice bunts, he is now climbing the national charts. With his 42 bunts, he is tied for 11th place on the NCAA Division I career list. His next sacrifice bunt will thrust him into the top 10.
• Junior Taylor Jungmann twirled a complete-game shutout in an 8-0 victory over Maryland in the season opener. The northpaw limited Maryland to five hits and one walk while striking out nine over 9.0 innings. It took Jungmann just 95 pitches to complete the task. He became the first Longhorn to pitch a complete-game shutout in a season opener since Dennis Cook blanked Texas Lutheran, 5-0, in a seven-inning affair to start the 1985 season.