The Longhorns and Cardinal have faced each other at least twice per season since 1998. Prior to the 1998 campaign, how many times had these two programs met on the baseball diamond?
No. 7 Texas (4-4, 0-0 Big 12) at No. 11 Stanford (4-2, 0-0 Pac 10)
When: Feb. 18, 2006, at 3 p.m. Central;
Feb. 19, 2006, at 3 p.m. Central;
Feb. 20, 2006, at 3 p.m. Central (weather-related changes)
Where: Stanford, Calif. (Sunken Diamond)
Radio: 1300 AM "The Zone"
· Due to the weather-related rescheduling of Monday's Baseball game vs. Stanford, KVET is unable to broadcast the game.
All-Time Series: Stanford leads 17-16-1.
First Meeting: 5/26/1981; a 9-8 Stanford win in Austin.
Last Meeting: 2/20/2005; a 5-4 Texas win in Austin.
Streak: Texas has won four of the last five meetings.
Garrido vs. Stanford: 32-32-1 (13-14-1 at UT).
PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS
Feb. 17, 2006
TEXAS RHP Adrian Alaniz (1-0, 1.69 ERA)
Stanford RHP Greg Reynolds (0-0, 2.13 ERA)
Feb. 18, 2006
TEXAS RHP Kyle McCulloch (0-1, 1.74 ERA)
Stanford RHP Matt Manship (0-1, 9.95 ERA)
Feb. 19 2006
TEXAS RHP Randy Boone (0-1, 4.15 ERA)
· With their 6-1 victory over UT-San Antonio on Feb. 14, the Longhorns have won four of their last five games and enter the Stanford series with a 4-4 overall record on the year.
· Over the last five contests, the Texas offense is batting .291 with 31 runs scored while the UT pitching staff has posted a 1.43 ERA to go along with a .192 batting average against and 52 strikeouts over 44 innings of work.
· Redshirt freshman Preston Clark enters the weekend riding a career-best, and team season-high, five-game hitting streak while junior Chais Fuller has reached base safely in seven of the Longhorns eight games to date.
· During this recent five-game stretch, the left-handed freshman trio of Austin Wood, Joey Parigi and Kyle Walker have combined for 13.1 innings of scoreless pitching during which they have managed to walk only one batter and strikeout 19.
· Up next, the Longhorns return to Disch-Falk Field for a 2:30 p.m. Central game against Texas State on Wednesday, Feb. 22. For Texas Baseball home game tickets, call by phone at (512) 471-3333 / 1-800-982-BEVO or log on to www.TexasBoxOffice.com.
STANFORD - QUICK FACTS
Head Coach: Mark Marquess
2005 Record: 34-25
2005 Conference Record (Finish): 12-12 (t6th)
2005 Postseason: NCAA Regional Tournament
Six times (three times in NCAA Regional Tournament play and three times at the College World Series).