June 12, 2010
Box Score |
2010 NCAA Baseball Championships - Austin Super Regional
Austin, Texas | UFCU Disch-Falk Field | Hosted by The University of Texas | June 11-13
Game 2 | Saturday, June 12 | Texas 14, TCU 1
- Texas and TCU will play a decisive game three on Sunday at 3 p.m. Central. TCU will be the home team.
- Today's game marked the 278th meeting between Texas and TCU on the diamond. Texas holds a 219-57-2 advantage in the all-time series.
- Texas is making its seventh NCAA Super Regional appearance and its second straight.
- TCU is making its second NCAA Super Regional appearance and its second consecutive.
- The official attendance for the super regional's first game was 7,315. The total attendance for the super regional is 14,627.
- With its win, Texas is now 13-4 all-time in NCAA Super Regional action.
- Texas is now 10-0 in 2010 in Taylor Jungmann's 10 starts at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.
- The crowd of 7,315 for the Texas/Rice game was the 19th-time Texas has played in front of a crowd of more than 7,000 fans this season.
- In the third inning, Texas pushed all four of its runs across with two outs and added a single tally with two outs in the fourth.
- Texas sent 10 batters to the plate in the fifth inning, scoring eight runs on six hits and one TCU error.
- Texas' 14 runs marked its highest NCAA Super Regional run total since scoring 15 against Vanderbilt in 2004.
- Righthander Taylor Jungmann is now 6-0 in his 10 starts at UFCU Disch-Falk Field in 2010. He has registered 91 strikeouts and yielded just 47 hits in 75.0 innings of work at home.
- Third baseman Kevin Lusson's four-hit performance against TCU marked his 14th multi-hit game of the season and his first career four-hit game.
- Rightfielder Kevin Keyes' two-hit effort against the Frogs was his 19th multi-hit game of the season and his second of the super regional.
- Centerfielder Cohl Walla's three-RBI outing marked his 11th multi-RBI game of the season and his third game with three RBI.
- First baseman Tant Shepherd's four-hit outing was his team-best 26th multi-hit game of the season and his second four-hit game in 2010.
- Second baseman Brandon Loy set a new season-high with his three walks against the Horned Frogs.
- With its loss, TCU moved to 17-13 all-time in NCAA postseason action and 1-3 in NCAA Super Regional play.
- The Horned Frogs' one run scored set the TCU single-season runs scored record, pushing their season total to 539.
- TCU allowed four unearned runs in the third inning after a two-out throwing error by third baseman Jantzen Witte.
- Third baseman Jantzen Witte's single in the second inning extended his team-best hitting streak to 11 games. Witte's three-hit performance was his 16th multi-hit game of the season.