Post Game Notes
June 11, 2011
No. 7 Texas (47-17)
- Texas and Arizona State will play an elimination game on Saturday at 6 p.m. Central. ASU will be the home team.
- Today's game marked the 46th meeting between Texas and Arizona State on the diamond. Texas holds a 27-19 advantage in the all-time series.
- Texas is making its eighth NCAA Super Regional appearance and its third straight.
- Arizona State is making its sixth NCAA Super Regional appearance and its fourth consecutive.
- The official attendance for the super regional's first session was 7,235.
- Texas' loss moved its all-time mark in NCAA Regional/Super Regional play to 147-62-1 (eighth NCAA Super Regional appearance). Texas is now 13-6 in Super Regional play.
- The Horns own an 87-27 mark all-time in NCAA Regional/Super Regional play at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.
- Texas has dropped the first game of the Super Regional three times in program history and has rebounded to win the series twice.
Arizona State (43-16)
- Tant Shepherd's single in the third inning extended his team-leading hitting streak to six games. Shepherd has now hit safely in all six of Texas' postseason games.
- Jacob Felts' two-hit effort marked his eighth multi-hit performance of the season.
- Arizona State's win moved its all-time mark in NCAA Regional/Super Regional play to 86-29 (sixth* NCAA Super Regional appearance). ASU is now 9-5 in NCAA Super Regional play.
- Johnny Ruettiger's single in the first extended his team-best hitting streak to 11 games.
- Joey DeMichele's RBI single in the eight pushed his postseason RBI total to 11 in four games.
- DeMichele's two-hit, two-RBI performance marked his 21st multi-hit and team-best 14th multi-RBI game of 2011.