June 7, 2009
Sunday, June 7
Texas 2, TCU 3
· With the win, TCU and Texas are now tied 1-1 and will play the third and decisive game on Monday, June 8 at 6 p.m. Central.
· Texas and TCU met for the 275th time and third time in 2009. The Longhorns own a 217-56-2 advantage in the all-time series against the Horned Frogs.
· Texas is making its sixth NCAA Super Regional appearance.
· TCU is making its first appearance in an NCAA Super Regional.
· The attendance for the second game in the NCAA Austin Super Regional was 7,205.
· The Horned Frogs scored three runs in game two off of a pair of home runs. TCU has now scored all seven of its runs in the NCAA Super Regional via homers.
· TCU's win moved the Horned Frogs to 1-1 all-time in NCAA Super Regional appearances.
· Shortstop Taylor Featherston's single in the first extended his current hitting streak to four games. His three-hit effort was his 22nd multi-hit game of the season.
· First baseman Matt Vern's two-run homer in the fourth was his team-best 17th long-ball of the season and his second in as many games at the super regional.
· Catcher Bryan Holaday's single in the fourth moved his current hitting streak to eight games.
· Third baseman Matt Carpenter's solo homer in the sixth was his 11th of the season and his second of the super regional.
· The Longhorns are now 216-106-1 all-time in NCAA Championship play.
· Texas is now 11-3 all-time in NCAA Super Regional appearances.
· Texas owns a 7-2 mark in NCAA Super Regional play at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. The Horns have previously captured super regional crowns the three previous times it has hosted a super regional.
· Rightfielder Kevin Keyes' double in the seventh was his 14th of the season, a mark that ranks second on the club. The hit moved his current hitting streak to seven games.
· First baseman Brandon Belt's
RBI single in the eighth extended his current hitting streak to eight games.
· Catcher Cameron Rupp's
single in the fifth moved his current hitting streak to eight games.