June 6, 2010
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
2010 NCAA Baseball Championships • Austin Regional
Austin, Texas • UFCU Disch-Falk Field • Hosted by The University of Texas • June 4-7
Game 6 • Sunday, June 6 • Texas 4, Rice 1
· With the win Texas advances to the NCAA Austin Super Regional
· Rice concludes its NCAA Austin Regional with a 2-2 record.
· Today's game marked the 274th meeting between Texas and Rice on the diamond. Texas holds a 219-53-2 advantage in the all-time series.
· Rice is making its 16th NCAA postseason appearance, improving its streak to 16-straight appearances.
· Texas is making its 54th NCAA postseason appearance and its 12th consecutive.
· The official attendance for the regional's sixth game was 7,131.
· The official attendance for all sessions of the regional was 40,793 with an average of 6,799 per-session.
· With its win, Texas is now 130-50-1 all-time in NCAA Regional action. The win marked Texas' sixth-straight NCAA Regional victory.
· The crowd of 7,131 for the Texas/Rice game was the 17th-time Texas has played in front of a crowd of more than 7,000 fans this season.
· Texas is now 9-0 in Taylor Jungmann's nine starts at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. He has fanned 83 batters, while walking just 19 in his nine starts at home.
· Catcher Cameron Rupp's single in the second extended his season-best hitting streak to 13 games. Rupp added an RBI single in the fourth to register his 19th multi-hit game of the season.
· Designated hitter Russell Moldenhauer's three-RBI effort marked his 13th-multi RBI game of the season and his fifth three-RBI game.
· Moldenhauer's two-run homer in the eighth was his ninth long ball of the season. He ended the Austin Regional with a 1.091 slugging percentage and seven RBI.
· With its loss, Rice fell to 72-38 all-time in NCAA postseason action.
· Rice ended its 2010 campaign with 40 wins, marking the 16th-straight season the Owls have won at least 40 games.
· Starter Boogie Anagnostou's four strikeouts against Texas tied a season-high for the righthander.
· Catcher Craig Manuel's two-hit performance marked his 10th multi-hit game of 2010.
NCAA Austin Regional All-Tournament Team
P: Zach Osborne, Louisiana
P: Taylor Jungmann, Texas
C: Cameron Rupp, Texas
1B: Justin Robichaux, Louisiana
2B: A.J. Albee, Rider
3B: Anthony Rendon, Rice (Most Outstanding Player)
SS: Brandon Loy, Texas
OF: Michael Fuda, Rice
OF: Kevin Keyes, Texas
OF: Chad Mozingo, Rice
DH: Russell Moldenhauer, Texas