June 6, 2009
• With the win, Texas is one victory away from reaching the NCAA College World Series for the 33rd time in school history.
• Texas and TCU met for the 274th time and second time in 2009. The Longhorns now own a 217-55-2 advantage in the all-time series against the Horned Frogs.
• Texas is making its sixth NCAA Super Regional Appearance.
• TCU is making its first appearance in an NCAA Super Regional.
• The attendance for the first game in the Austin Super Regional was 7,220.
• TCU fell to 0-1 all-time in Super Regional appearances.
• Taylor Featherston belted his fifth home run of the season to give TCU a 1-0 advantage in the top of the first inning.
• Pitcher Kyle Winkler picked up his first loss of the season (7-1).
• Texas is now 11-2 all-time in Super Regional appearances.
• Texas now owns a 7-1 mark in super regional play at UFCU Disch-Falk Field and the Horns have previously captured regional crowns all three times as host.
• The Horns' seven sacrifice bunts set a single-game NCAA Division I record.
• First baseman Brandon Belt's (1-3) single in the fifth extended his hitting streak to a team-high seven games.
• Third baseman Michael Torres recorded a career-high two home runs, including a three-run homer in the seventh inning.
• Pitcher Chance Ruffin (10-2) gave up a season-high three home runs (Featherston, Carpenter, Vern) while pitching his third complete game of the season and fourth of his career.