June 4, 2010
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Game 2 | Friday, June 4 | Texas 11, Rider 0
- With the win Texas advances to take on Louisiana on Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
- Rider moves to the loser's bracket and will take on Rice on Saturday at 1 p.m.
- Today's game marked the first time that Texas and Rider have met on the diamond.
- Rider is making its 10th NCAA postseason appearance and its first since 2008.
- Texas is making its 54th NCAA postseason appearance and its 12th consecutive.
- The official attendance for the regional's second game was 7,120.
- With its win, Texas is now 128-50-1 all-time in NCAA Regional action. The win marked Texas' fourth-straight NCAA Regional win.
- The Longhorns' 11-0 win marked the ninth-time Texas has shut out an opponent in 2010.
- The crowd of 7,120 for the Texas/Rider game was the 15th-time Texas has played in front of a crowd of more than 7,000 fans this season.
- Texas scored all 11 of its runs against Rider after two outs had been recorded. Individual Notes:
- Starter Brandon Workman's complete-game shutout was his second of the season and the third of his career.
- Catcher Cameron Rupp's two-run home run in the third extended his season-best hitting streak to 11 games and registered his team-best 15th multi-RBI game of 2010.
- Rupp's homer was his 10th of the season, making him the third Longhorn to register a double-digit home run total in 2010 (Kevin Keyes , Kevin Lusson ). The Horns have only accomplished that feat twice in UT history (2002: Ontiveros , Reininger , Majewski  and 1984: Doughty , Denny , D. Loy )
- Shortstop Brandon Loy's three-hit effort marked his 14th multi-hit game of the season and his fourth three-hit performance.
- Leftfielder Cohl Walla's two-hit outing was his 21st multi-hit effort of the season.
- Rightfielder Kevin Keyes' two-run single in the seventh marked his 14th multi-RBI game of the season.
- Designated hitter Russell Moldenhauer recorded his 12th multi-RBI game of the season with his three-run home run in the seventh.
- The Broncs loss moved Rider to 5-19 all-time in NCAA postseason action.
- The crowd of 7,120 for the Texas/Rider game was the largest crowd the Broncs have played in front of this season. Individual Notes:
- Second baseman A.J. Albee's double in the fourth improved his hitting streak to five games.
- Rider starter Mike Thomas surrendered a season-high nine runs in the losing effort. The loss marked his first defeat since losing to Radford on March 13.
- Centerfielder Brandon Cotten's single in the eighth extended his hitting streak to nine games.