May 31, 2009
· With the win, Texas advances to the NCAA Austin Super Regional where it will meet TCU.
· Army concludes its NCAA Austin Regional with a 2-2 mark.
· Today's game marked the second ever meeting between Texas and Army.
· Texas is making its 53rd NCAA postseason appearance and its 11th straight.
· Army is making its fourth NCAA postseason appearance.
· The attendance for the regional's sixth game was 7,034. The total regional attendance through six sessions is 36,080 with an average of 6,012 fans attending each session.
· With its loss, Army is now 3-8 in NCAA Regional action.
· The Black Knights loss moved Army to 0-2 all-time vs. Texas.
· Army's two wins in the 2009 NCAA Austin Regional mark the first time it has won two games in a regional.
· With its two runs in the first, Army has now scored a run in every game this season.
· Catcher J.T. Watkins' three-hit performance against Texas was his 10th multi-hit game of the season.
· Centerfielder Andy Ernesto's three hits against UT marked his 18th multi-hit effort of the year.
· Shortstop Clint Moore's double in the first extended his current hitting streak to seven games. His two hits on the day marked his team-high 25th multi-hit game of the year. · In the eighth, designated hitter Joey Henshaw's became just the 35th player in UFCU Disch-Falk Field History to homer over the centerfield monster. The feat has been accomplished 40 times, but Henshaw was the first to do so in 2009. · First baseman Kevin McKague's triple in the seventh was the first of his Army career.
· Texas advances to its fifth NCAA Super Regional and its first since 2005.
· The Longhorns' win moves their all-time NCAA Regional record to 90-34.
· Texas is now 28-13 in NCAA Regional action since Augie Garrido came to Texas in 1997.
· The win over Army moved UT's all-time record against the Black Knights to 2-0.
· The Horns' overcame a four-run deficit to earn the 14-10 victory, marking their largest comeback of the season, surpassing their three-run comeback against Texas State on March 3, 2009.
· In 37 home games in 2009, Texas has allowed just three runs in the first inning. The Horns allowed two runs in the first inning against Army after allowing just one first-inning run at home all season.
· First baseman Brandon Belt's
two-hit effort against Army marked his team-best 19th multi-hit game of the season. Belt also extended his current hitting streak to six games.
· Belt's double in the second was his team-high 17th double of the season.
· Catcher Cameron Rupp's
12th multi-hit game of the season extended his hitting streak to six games.
· Rupp tied a career-high with his four hits against Army, equaling his career-best effort that he posted against Texas A&M Corpus Christi on March 4, 2008.
· Second baseman Travis Tucker's
two-RBI performance against the Black Knights was his fifth of the season, while his two-hit effort was his 18th of the year.
· Shortstop Brandon Loy's
three-run double in the ninth set a new single-game career high for RBI.
· Designated hitter Preston Clark's
five-RBI effort equaled a career-best that he previously registered at UTSA on March 17, 2008. His three hits against Army moved his season multi-hit game total to 10.
NCAA Austin Regional All-Tournament Team