May 29, 2009
· With the win, Texas advances to take on Boston College on Saturday at 6 p.m.
· Army moves to the loser's bracket and will take on Texas State Saturday at 12 p.m.
· Today's game marked the first time that Texas and Army have met on the diamond.
· Texas is making its 53rd NCAA postseason appearance and its 11th straight.
· Army is making its fourth NCAA postseason appearance and its first since 2005.
· The attendance for the regional's second game was 6,832.
· With its run in the seventh, Army has now scored a run in every game this season.
· With its loss, Army is now 1-7 in NCAA Regional action. The Black Knights have dropped five of their seven regional losses by two runs or fewer.
· The crowd of 6,832 for the Army/Texas game was more than double the largest crowd that the Black Knights have played in front of this season. The previous season-high was the crowd of 2,754 that witnessed Army and Marist play on April 29 in Fishkill, N.Y.
· Leftfielder Ben Koenigsfeld `s two-hit effort was his 18th multi-hit game of the season.
· Second baseman Zach Price set the Army freshman record against Texas by playing in his 54th game of the season.
· Texas is now 25-13 in NCAA Regional action since Augie Garrido came to Texas in 1997.
· In 35 home games in 2009, Texas has allowed just one run in the first inning. The Horns held the Black Knights scoreless in the first frame on Friday.
· Third baseman Michael Torres' single in the third extended his hitting streak to seven games.
· With his start against Army, second baseman Travis Tucker earned his 178th career start, tying him for ninth place on the all-time UT games started list.