| Michael Torres
· All-Big 12 Honorable Mention
· NCAA Houston Regional All-Tournament Team
· Spring 2008 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Ranked second on the squad and 10th in the Big 12 with a .354 batting average.
· Set a Texas school record with a 25-game hit streak from 3/11-4/19.
· Ranked as the 36th toughest player to strikeout in the nation with just one strikeout every 16.0 at-bats.
· Started all 61 games, including 33 at second base, 25 at designated hitter and three in leftfield.
· Ranked sixth in the Big 12 with 85 hits and 10th with 16 stolen bases.
· Logged 56 runs, 12 doubles, three triples, four home runs, 46 RBI and 13 sacrifice hits on the sesaon.
· Registered 22 mult-hit games and 12 multi-RBI games on the season.
· Ranked eighth in the Big 12 in batting average in conference games with a .361 clip.
· Logged 19 runs, 39 hits, four doubles, one home run, 17 RBI and four stolen bases in 27 Big 12 games.
· Hit 3-for-6 with two runs, two doubles, five RBI and two stolen bases against VCU (2/23).
· Drew two walks and added two runs and one RBI in win over UT Pan American (2/26).
· Went 1-for-1 at the plate with one walk, two sacrifice bunts and one stolen base in win over Houston (3/2).
· Batted 2-for-5 with four runs, two walks, two RBI and one stolen base against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3/5).
· Drew two walks and added two runs and one stolen base versus Stanford (3/9).
· Hit 3-for-4 with two runs, his first UT home run and three RBI in win over No. 15 Rice (3/11).
· Logged a double and three RBI in win over Kansas (3/15).
· Batted 2-for-4 with two runs against UT San Antonio (3/17).
· Hit 5-for-6 with three runs, one home run and five RBI in series opening win over Texas Tech (3/20).
· Went 2-for-4 with two runs and one RBI in series finale win over Nebraska (3/30).
· Hit 6-for-13 with three runs and one RBI during the three-game series at Oklahoma (4/4-6).
· Batted 2-for-4 with two runs, one home run and two RBI in win over Texas State (4/8).
· Hit 7-for-14 with one doublle, four runs and three RBI in three-game series at Missouri (4/11-13).
· Tied the UT all-time hit streak set by Rick Bradley at 24 games with hit in series opener against Oklahoma State (4/18).
· Broke the UT hit streak record in his last at-bat against Oklahoma State (4/19).
· Batted 2-for-4 with two runs and two stolen bases in non-conference win over Baylor (4/22).
· Went 4-for-5 with one run, one double, three RBI and one stolen base in triumph over Texas State (4/29).
· Hit 4-for-8 with three runs, one triple, one inside-the-ballpark home run and four RBI in doubleheader sweep of Alabama A&M (5/14).
· Went 5-for-10 with four runs, two doubles and one stolen base in three-game series sweep of Texas A&M.
· Batted 3-for-4 with two runs and one double in the second game against the Aggies.
· Hit 6-for-16 with five runs, two doubles, two RBI and one stolen base in the final three games of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship (5/22-25).
· Went 7-for-16 with three runs, one double, two triples and four RBI in four games (5/30-6/1) to earn NCAA Houston Regional All-Tournament Team recognition.
· Batted 4-for-5 with two runs, one double, one triple, four RBI and one stolen base in NCAA Regional win over Sam Houston State (5/31).
· Played second base for the Santa Barbara Foresters under the direction of Coach Bill Pintard in the California Collegiate League.
· Hit .239 with 10 runs, 16 hits, two doubles, two triples, one home run, eight RBI and four stolen bases in 20 games for the Foresters.
· Earned two letters as an infielder at the University of Southern California.
· Played in 31 games, including 21 starts, as a sophomore, batting .253 (20-for-79) with 13 runs, four doubles, one triple, one home run, 10 RBI and four stolen bases.
· Went 2-for-4 with one double, one stolen base and two runs scored against Tulane (2/25/2007).
· Hit 3-for-5 with a double in win over Georgia (3/3/2007).
· Knocked in game-winning run with a sacrifice fly in the 10th inning of a 7-6 victory over Georgia (3/4/2007).
· Batted 4-for-5 with three runs, one double and two RBI in a win over Stanford (3/9/2007).
· Hit his first collegiate home run against Arizona State (3/24/2007).
· Appeared in 15 games, including six starts as a freshman, batting .231 (6-for-26) with three runs, four RBI and one stolen base.
· Logged his first collegiate hit at Hawai'i (2/24/06).
· Made his first collegiate start against UC Irvine (3/7/2006).
· Went 2-for-3 with one walk, one stolen base and two RBI against Wichita State (5/20/2006).
· Spent the summer of 2007 playing for Coach Bill Pintard's Santa Barbara Foresters of the California Collegiate League (CCL).
· Hit .315 with 53 runs, 11 doubles, 19 stolen bases and 34 RBI in 49 games to help lead the Foresters to a CCL title and a fourth-place finish at the National Baseball Congress World Series.
· Four-year letterwinner at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, Calif.
· Named Los Angeles Times and Orange County Register Player of the Year as a senior, batting .459 with 23 RBI and 19 stolen bases.
· Also named California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Division I Player of the Year and league co-MVP as a senior.
· Drove in three runs in the CIF Division I championship game in 2005 to lead Mater Dei to its first title in 25 years.
Born Michael Torres on Jan. 3, 1987 ... parents are Mike and Christine Torres ... has one brother, Cade, and one sister, Caileigh ... majoring in education.