| Keith Shinaberry
|Height / Weight:|
6-4 / 200
· Fall 2007 & Spring 2008 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Academic All-Big 12 - First Team
· Appeared in 18 games out of the bullpen as a junior, posting a 2-1 record in 11.1 innings.
· Pitched in seven Big 12 games, posting a 0-1 record with a 3.38 ERA in 2.2 innings.
· Appeared in all three games against Texas Tech (3/20-22), throwing 1.1 innings of scorless innings of relief.
· Got the second batter he faced againt Oral Roberts (3/24) to ground into a double play to retire the side and send game into extra innings, where the Longhorns eventually prevailed.
· Struckout the only batter he faced against Oklahoma (5/24) at the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship to earn his second win of the season.
· Spring 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· UT Student Services Most Improved Award
· Appeared in 22 games as a sophomore, posting a 0-2 record with a 5.96 ERA and 15 strikeouts in 25.2 innings.
· Pitched in 10 Big 12 games with eight strikeouts in 7.2 innings.
· Weaved one inning of scoreless relief in season opener against San Diego (2/2).
· Scattered three hits over two shutout innings against Texas State (2/20).
· Crafted the longest outing of his career with 3.2 scoreless innings, striking out two against Miami of Ohio (3/9).
· Pitched two innings of one-hit relief against Winthrop (3/14).
· Struck out a combined four hitters in two innings of relief in UT's first two games against Baylor (3/16-17).
· Scattered one hit and struck out two over one inning of relief against Kansas State at the Phillips 66 Big 12 Conference Championship (3/23).
· Pitched for the Brewster Whitecaps in the prestigious Cape Cod Baseball League.
· Topped the Whitecaps with 20 appearances on the year, posting a 3-0 record with a 1.47 ERA and 10 strikeouts with no walks over 18.1 innings.
· Fall 2005 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Appeared in relief during five games, posting a 2-0 record to go along with four strikeouts and no walks over 6.2 innings of work and boasted the top ERA overall (1.35) on the team.
· Pitched two innings of relief during a pair of Big 12 contests.
· Made his first career appearance against UT Arlington (4/11) and tossed two shutout innings of relief. Also recorded his first career strikeout
during a 1.1-inning relief effort at No. 19 Baylor (4/13).
· Combined for 3.1 shutout innings of relief during games against
UT Pan American (4/15), Texas State (5/2) and Kansas (5/6).
· Pitched for the Beatrice Bruins of the M.I.N.K. (Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas) League under the direction of head coach Bob Steinkamp.
· Made 11 appearances, including six starts, posting a 4-3 record, 3.31 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 49 innings for the Bruins.
· A three-year letterwinner as a pitcher and outfielder for head coach Glenn Beck's Austin High School baseball team (2003-05).
· Played baseball for the Maroons in each of his four years while also
being a member of the basketball squad as a freshman.
· Earned second-team All-District 16-5A honors as a sophomore.
· Garnered first-team all-district accolades in 2004 en route to being selected to play in the Junior Sunbelt Classic over the summer. He amassed five wins to go along with four saves, a 1.53 ERA and 85 strikeouts for the Maroons.
· Boasted an 8-2 record, a 0.91 ERA and 121 strikeouts over 71 innings as a senior on his way to earning his third straight all-district honor, being tabbed the District 16-5A MVP and picking up first-team All-CenTex recognition to go along with all-state laurels. Also batted .388 overall.
· Selected to play in the Austin Area High School and Texas High School Coaches Association All-Star games in 2005.
· Member of the 2005 Maroon Society at Austin High School.
· Pitched for head coach Tommy Boggs' Austin Slam baseball team in the summer of 2005 after playing in the 2005 Sunbelt Classic. Also pitched for Team Texas during the 2004 Sunbelt Classic.
Born Keith Mencer Shinaberry on Aug. 19, 1987, in Austin, Texas ... parents are Curt and Cora Shinaberry ... has two siblings, Glenn and Chris ... majoring in corporate communication ... has spent five semesters on the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.