| Cameron Rupp
Prestonwood Christian Academy
|Height / Weight:|
6-2 / 235
2010 HIGHLIGHTS (Updated May 5, 2010)
Went 2-for-4 with one run and one RBI versus New Mexico (2/20).
Logged two runs, one walk, one hit-by-pitch, two RBI, two walks and one double in series against No. 18 Stanford (2/26-28).
Hit 2-for-3 with two walks, two runs and one double against Dallas Baptist (2/24).
Logged game-winning home run and one RBI against UT Pan American (3/2).
Went 2-for-5 with one run versus Missouri during the Houston College Classic (3/7).
Hit 1-for-2 with 3 walks against Rice (3/16).
Went 2-for-4 against Nebraska with 2 runs, 3 RBI's and one home run (3/19).
Hit 2-for-5 with one run versus Nebraska (3/20).
Logged one run, 2 RBI's and one home run against Nebraska (3/21).
Accounted for three RBIs and two runs scored in a three game series against Texas Tech. (3/26-28)
Tallied three runs batted in and one run scored on four hits in the series finale versus the No. 17 Oklahoma Sooners. (4/3)
Batted 3-for-4 with four RBIs, two runs scored, and a homerun against TAMUCC. (4/6)
Went 3-for-5, with two hits, two RBI, and one walk versus Texas A&M (4/17).
Tallied two runs, two hits, and one walk against Texas A&M (4/18).
Hit 2-for-4, bringing in two runs, two RBI, one homerun, and one double against UT Arlington (4/20).
Knocked in eleven RBIs and scored four runs on two homeruns and 4-for-10 hitting in a three game series against the Oklahoma State Cowboys. (4/23-25)
Scored one run and picked up a walk in a contest against Prairie View A&M (5/4).
Fall 2008 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
All-Big 12 - Honorable Mention
College World Series All-Tournament Team
NCAA Austin Regional All-Tournament Team
Brooks Wallace Award watch list
Played in 63 games, including 60 starts at catcher, logging team-highs for home runs (11) and RBI (46).
Batted .292 with 46 runs, 13 doubles, a .387 on-base percentage and .505 slugging percentage on the year.
Appeared in 27 Big 12 games, including 24 starts, batting .283 with 23 runs, six doubles, five home runs and 20 RBI.
Logged a .389 on-base percentage and .511 slugging percentage in Big 12 action.
Registered 15 mult-hit games and 12 multi-RBI efforts on the season.
Registered three RBI and went 1-for-3 with one run in second game of series versus UIC (2/21).
Batted 2-for-4 with two doubles, one sacrifice bunt and two RBI against UT Arlington (2/24).
Batted 3-for-9 with five walks, two runs and five RBI in three-game series against Texas Tech (3/27-29).
Hit 2-for-4 with one walk, two runs, one double and three RBI in series opener versus Texas Tech (3/27).
Batted 4-for-12 with one walk, three runs, two home runs and five RBI in three-game series at Nebraska (4/10-11).
Opened the Nebraska (4/10) series going 1-for-2 with one walk, one sacrifice bunt, one home run, two runs and two RBI.
Batted 2-for-5 with two RBI in series finale at Nebraska (4/11).
Went 1-for-3 with one hit-by-pitch, two runs, one home run and one RBI versus Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (4/14).
Batted .455 (5-for-11) with two walks, three runs, one double, one home run and four RBI in three-game series against Oklahoma (4/18-19).
Hit 2-for-4 with one run, one home run and three RBI in second game of series versus Oklahoma (4/18).
Batted 2-for-3 with two walks, one run and one double in series finale against Oklahoma (4/19).
Hit .417 (5-for-12) with two walks, one hit-by-pitch, seven runs, two home runs and four RBI in three-game series versus Baylor (5/1-3).
Went 2-for-5 with three runs and one RBI in series opener versus Baylor (5/1).
Scored three runs, hit a solo home run and added a walk and a hit-by-pitch in second game versus Baylor (5/2).
Went 2-for-3 with one walk, one run, one home run and two RBI in series finale against Baylor (5/3).
Batted 3-for-5 with two doubles and three runs in opener vs. Texas A&M (5/8).
Logged one double, two home runs and eight RBI in four games at the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship (5/20-24).
Hit a three-run home run in Texas' win versus Kansas (5/21) at the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship.
Hit a grand slam and scored a pair of runs in the title game of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship against Missouri (5/24).
Went 4-for-5 with one double and one run scored in NCAA Regional clinching win over Army (5/31).
Batted 1-for-1 with two walks, one double, one run and one RBI in NCAA Super Regional clinching win over TCU (6/8).
Hit 2-for-3 with two walks, two runs, two home runs and four RBI against No. 2 Arizona State (6/16) in UT' ssecond game of the College World Series.
Batted 2-for-4 with a game-tying solo home run in the ninth inning versus No. 2 Arizona State (6/19) to help send the Longhorns to the CWS Championship Series.
Hit 2-for-3 with one walk, one run and one double in second game of CWS Championship Series against No. 1 LSU (6/23).
Played in 21 games for the Cotuit Kettleers of the Cape Cod Baseball League, hitting .317 with seven runs, three doubles, four home runs and 12 RBI.
Batted .300 (6-of-20) with four runs, two home runs and three RBI in six playoff games for Cotuit.
· First-team Freshman All-America - NCBWA
· Freshman All-America - Louisville Slugger's/Collegiate Baseball
· All-Big 12 Honorable Mention
· Fall 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Played in 54 games with 51 starts at catcher as a freshman.
· Hit .309 with 34 runs, 60 hits, 17 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 32 RBI on the year.
· Logged a .990 fielding percentage with 362 putouts, 26 assists and four errors on the season.
· Registered 15 mult-hit games and eight multi-RBI efforts on the season.
· Strung together a 16-game hit streak from Feb. 27 to Mar. 22.
· Logged his first career start and run scored versus VCU (2/24).
· Posted first career hit and logged two RBI against UT Pan American (2/27).
· Went 2-for-4 with one RBI and one double against No. 15 Rice (3/1).
· Batted 3-for-5 with four RBI, one double and one triple in win over Houston (3/2).
· Hit 4-for-5 with two doubles, two runs and four RBI against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3/4).
· Logged two RBI against Stanford (3/7).
· Hit 2-for-4 with one run, one RBI, one double and first career home run against Stanford (3/9).
· Batted 5-for-8 with three runs, one double, six RBI and two home runs in the first two games of the series against Kansas (3/14-15).
· Logged one double, two RBI aond one run in win over UT San Antonio (3/17).
· Hit 4-for-6 with six runs, one double, two hit-by-pitches and six walks in series against Texas Tech (3/20-22).
· Batted 2-for-2 with one run, one RBI and one walk in win against Texas Southern (4/2).
· Hit 3-for-5 with two runs scored, two RBI and a home run in series finale win at Oklahoma (4/6).
· Went 2-for-4 at the plate in win against Texas State (4/8).
· Logged one double, one run and two RBI in series opening win against Kansas State (4/25).
· Batted 2-for-4 with a double the next day against the Wildcats (4/26).
· hit 2-for-2 with two runs, one walk and one hit-by-pitch in win over Texas State (4/29).
· Went 3-for-7 with two doubles, three runs and three RBI in doubleheader sweep of Alabama A&M (5/14).
· Went 6-for-112 with six runs, two RBI and one double in final three games of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship.
· Played catcher for the Santa Barbara Foresters under the direction of Bill Pintard in the California Collegiate League over the summer.
· Saw action in 28 games, including 24 starts, hitting .253 with 13 runs, 21 hits, five doubles, three home runs and 21 RBI.
· Helped the Foresters to the National Baseball Congress World Series crown, hitting .320 with eight runs, two home runs and eight RBI in seven games.
· Three-year letterwinner as a catcher for Coach Kendell Clark and Coach Mike Maack at Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Texas.
· Batted .644 with 46 runs, 20 doubles, five triples, six home runs, 55 RBI and 15 stolen bases as a senior, helping his team post a 31-1 record to win the district championship and reach the state title game.
· Earned district MVP, all-state, Rawlings All-American and Louisville Slugger All-America honors and won the home run derby at the PlayStation All-American High School Baseball game as a senior.
· Batted .500 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 35 RBI to earn district MVP, all-state and Aflac All-America honors as a junior, helping team win a district title with a 24-5 record and earn a state semifinal appearance.
· Won the home run derby at the Aflac All-American High School Baseball Classic as a junior.
· Selected by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 43rd round of the 2007 MLB First-Year Player Draft.
· Earned all-state honors as a junior and senior while helping the football team win the state title his junior year and district title his senior year.
· Played with the Dallas BAT summer club in 2007, helping team win an AABC South Plains Regional title, batting .391 with 17 home runs and 58 RBI and earning Connie Mack World Series All-Tournament as a catcher.
Born Cameron Arthur Rupp on Sept. 28, 1988 in Dallas, Texas ... son of Kevin and Kathi Rupp ... has two younger siblings, Carley and Clint ... father, Kevin Rupp, played baseball for the University of Houston (1974-1977) and in the minor leagues for the Montreal Expos (1977-1979) ... uncle, Chris Rupp, played baseball for Texas A&M (1978-1980) and was head coach for San Jacinto College (1991-2000) and Sam Houston State (2003-2006), and an assistant coach for Rice (2000-2003) ... participated in a mission trip to Panama ... majoring in education.