| Pat McCrory
Outstanding two-way performer for the Longhorns ... can contribute as a shutdown short-relief pitcher or as a slick-fielding, smooth-hitting middle infielder ... serving as just an infielder to begin the 2008 season ... was one of the top hitters in the junior college ranks in 2006.
· Spring 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Made 19 relief appearances as a sophomore, posting a 1-0 record with a 3.65 ERA, a .233 opponents' batting average and 19 strikeouts in 24.2 innings.
· One of the top middle relievers in the Big 12 Conference with a 1.93 ERA, .213 opponents' batting average and 12 strikeouts over 14 innings in 11 appearances in league action.
· Played 12 games at shortstop, including nine starts, with three runs, one double and one RBI.
· Logged first career hit in season opener, going 1-for-4 with one double, one run and one RBI against San Diego (2/2).
· Made first pitching appearance with 0.2 innings of scoreless relief against Oral Roberts (3/4).
· Picked up first career win by scattering two hits while striking out four over 3.2 innings of relief against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3/6).
· Pitched two innings of scoreless relief against Winthrop (3/14).
· Scattered two hits and one walk over two scoreless innings against Baylor (3/18).
· Fanned two in two innings of scoreless relief against Texas Tech (4/13).
· Pitched and played infield for Coach Heath Autry's Coppell Copperheads in the Texas Collegiate League.
· Posted a 1-0 record with four saves and a 0.87 ERA in nine apperances and hit .255 with 12 runs and six RBI in 36 games for the Copperheads.
· Earned one letter playing shortstop for then-head coach and current UT assistant coach Skip Johnson at Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas.
· Earned first-team National Junior College Athletic Association and all-conference honors as a freshman.
· Hit .492 with 52 runs, 92 hits, 19 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 63 RBI to earn Region XIV East Conference Freshman of the Year accolades.
· Earned four letters as a shortstop and pitcher for head coach Tim Harkrider at Kilgore (Texas) High School.
· Also earned three letters playing free safety and wide receiver for head coach Mike Vallery and one letter playing forward on the Bulldogs' soccer team.
· Named district MVP, area player of the year and first-team all-state, all-district and All-East Texas, leading the team to a Class 4A quarterfinal appearance as asenior.
· Batted .461 with 47 hits, 12 doubles and 18 RBI and logged a 9-2 record with a 1.21 ERA and 130 strikeouts in 69.1 innings as a senior.
· Tabbed first-team all-state, all-district and All-East Texas, leading theteam to a Class 4A quarterfinal appearance as a junior.
· Batted .395 with 17 doubles, four triples, six home runs and 21 RBI and logged a 6-4 record with a 2.49 ERA and 125 strikeouts as a junior.
· Named first-team all-district and All-East Texas and area MVP as a sophomore.
· Batted .391 with 10 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 25 RBI and logged a 2-2 record with an 0.69 ERA and 25 strikeouots in 20.1 innings as a sophomore.
Twice tabbed first-team All-East Texas and all-district in football.
Born Pat S. McCrory III on Dec. 9, 1986 in Kilgore, Texas ... parents are Pat and Johnnie McCrory ... has two older brothers, Joe and Josh, and one younger brother, Sean ... majoring in education ... has spent two semesters on the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.