| Kyle Lusson
|Height / Weight:|
5-11 / 185
2010 HIGHLIGHTS (UpdatedApril 5, 2010)
Went 2-for-3 with one home run, one RBI, one sacrifice bunt and one stolen base in the season opener against New Mexico (2/19).
Hit 2-for-4 with one run, one double and one RBI versus Dallas Baptist (2/24).
Had one run, one triple and two RBI in series finale against No. 18 Stanford (2/28).
Logged one hit, two walks and one stolen base versus UT Pan American (3/2).
Had one RBI against Missouri during the Houston College Classic (3/7).
Added a solo homerun against Texas Tech. (3/28).
Spring 2009 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
Played in 54 games with 10 starts in centerfield.
Hit .170 with seven runs, eight hits, two doubles, three RBI and three stolen bases.
Hit 2-for-4 with one double and one RBI as a pinch-hitter.
Played in 21 Big 12 games, with seven starts.
Batted .207 with two runs, six hits, one double, two RBI and one stolen base in Big 12 action.
Batted 1-for-1 with one double and one RBI at Stanford (3/6).
Went 3-for-10 with one RBI in three-game series against Missouri (3/14-15).
Delivered a pinch-hit RBI double at No. 17 Baylor (5/2).
· Fall 2007 & Spring 2008 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Played in 19 games with nine starts, all in leftfield.
· Hit .306 with seven runs, 11 hits, one double, seven RBI and one stolen base on the season.
· Played in six Big 12 games, including four starts.
· Batted .353 with three runs, six runs, one double and two RBI in Big 12 action.
· Batted 1-for-2 with two RBI versus Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3/5).
· Went 2-for-4 with two runs and a double in second game against Nebraska (4/19).
· Logged a hit and an RBI in a pinch-hit opportunity against Baylor (4/22).
· Batted 2-for-4 with two RBI versus Kansas State (4/27).
· Played in the outfield for the Anchorage Bucs under the direction of Coach Mike Garcia in the Alaska Baseball League.
· Played in 41 games, including 33 starts, hitting .279 with 27 runs, 38 hits, six doubles, one triple, 12 RBI and six stolen bases.
· Fall 2006 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Played in 15 games for the Longhorns, including four starts - three in leftfield and one as designated hitter.
· Hit .240 (6-for-25) with three runs, two doubles and one stolen base.
· Went 2-for-2 with one double and one run at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3/6).
· Made first career start against Texas State (3/20), going 1-for-3 with one run and one stolen base.
· Played outfield for the Beatrice Bruins under the direction of Coach Bob Steinkamp in the M.I.N.K. (Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas) League.
· Hit .343 with 25 runs, 15 RBI and 12 stolen bases in 38 games to help the Bruins win the M.I.N.K title.
· Earned four letters as a shortstop and centerfielder for Coach Ben Gittinger at McCallum High School in Austin, Texas.
· Served as team captain in baseball as a junior and senior.
· Ended career with a 1.000 fielding percentage as a centerfielder.
· Named District 25-4A Most Valuable Player as a senior, leading MHS to a 27-7 record and district and bi-district titles with a .447 batting average, four home runs, 37 RBI, a .806 slugging percentage and a .540 on-base percentage.
· Tabbed District 25-4A Most Valuable Player as a junior, leading the Knights to a 23-11 record and district and bi-district titles with a .495 batting average, six home runs, 29 RBI, .789 slugging percentage and .532 on- base percentage.
· Led Central Texas with 52 hits as a junior.
· Selected first-team all-district as a sophomore as he hit .411 with six home runs and 28 RBI.
· Christened all-district honorable mention as a freshman.
· Earned one letter in football as a free safety and receiver for Coach Pat Honeycutt and one letter in track & field as a hurdler for Coach Todd Raymond.
· Set school record in the 300-meter hurdles as a senior.
· Garnered second-team all-district as a free safety during sophomore year.
· Ranked No. 12 on Texas Baseball News' Top 25 list following the 2005 season.
· Member of National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Students Against Drinking and Driving and Young Life.
· Played for head coach James Ellison's Austin Wings in the summer of 2006.
· Participated in the Austin Area All-Star Game and for Team Texas at the Sunbelt Classic in 2006 and in 2005 he played for the Texas Rangers Area Code Team and tabbed one of the top 10 outfielders at the Area Code Games.
Born Kyle Philip Lusson on January 19, 1988 in Austin, Texas ... parents are Brian and Kami Lusson ... has two younger brothers, Kevin and Colton ... father, Brian, played tennis at Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State) ... brother Kevin, is an infielder for the Longhorns ... majoring in corporate communication ... has spent four semesters on the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll.