| David Hernandez
· All-Big 12 Honorable Mention
· Started all 61 games at shortstop, hitting .291 with 30 runs, 62 hits, four doubles, one triple, four home runs, 38 RBI and four stolen bases.
· Ranked 20th in the nation and second in the Big 12 with 14 sacrifice bunts.
· Hit .283 with nine runs, 26 hits, three doubles and 11 RBI and posted a .952 fielding percentage in 27 Big 12 games at shortstop.
· Batted 2-for-3 with one RBI in win over UT Pan American (2/27).
· Hit 2-for-4 with one RBI and one triple against Tennesse (2/29).
· Logged first career home run as a Longhorn and one RBI against No. 15 Rice (3/1).
· Went 2-for-2 with two runs and one walk in win over Stanford (3/7).
· Hit 2-for-3 win one run and two RBI in win over No. 15 Rice (3/11).
· Went 2-for-4 with two runs and two walks in win over UTSA (3/17).
· Batted 2-for-4 with two runs, two RBI and two walks in series opening win over Texas Tech (3/20).
· Logged one double and two RBI while going 2-for-4 at the plate in series finale win over Nebraska (3/30).
· Hit 2-for-4 with one run, one RBI and a stolen base in win against Texas State (4/8).
· Went 2-for-3 at the plate with one run and one double in series finale win over Missouri (4/13).
· Hit 3-for-4 with two RBI and one run during second game against Oklahoma State (4/19).
· Batted 2-for-4 with one stolen base in series opener against Kansas State (4/25).
· Opend Baylor series (5/2) by going 3-for-4 with one walk, one run and two RBI.
· Went 5-for-7 with four runs, one double, two home runs and seven RBI in doubleheader against Alabama A&M (5/14).
· Batted 3-for-4 with three RBI in series opening win over Baylor (5/2).
· Went 4-for-4 with two home runs, three runs and three RBI in second game of doubleheader against Alabama A&M (5/14).
· Hit 5-for-18 with two runs, six RBI and one home run during the four games of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship (5/21-25). Hit walk-off single in bottom of the ninth inning against Oklahoma (5/24) to propel Horns to title game.
· Earned one letter as a shortstop at Fresno State University.
· Played in 35 games, including 21 starts for the Bulldogs, batting .250 with two doubles and six RBI on the season.
· Hit .571 (4-for-7) in a three-game series against Louisiana Tech (5/11-13).
· Went 2-for-3 with one run and one RBI against Louisiana Tech (5/13).
· Went 1-for-2 with two RBI in win over New Mexico State (4/21).
· A three-year varsity letterwinner as a shortstop and third baseman for Coach Larry Rinehart's Monte Vista High School baseball team in Danville, Calif.
· Earned first-team all-league and team MVP honors as a senior.
· Also participated in the North and South All-Star Game.
· Hit .386 with two home runs, three triples and 30 hits as a senior.
· Spent the summer of 2007 playing for Coach Bill Pintard's Santa Barabara Foresters of the California Collegiate League (CCL).
· Hit .313 with 14 runs and six stolen bases in 28 games to help lead the Foresters to a CCL title and a fourth-place finish at the National Baseball Congress World Series.
Born David Hernandez on Feb. 1, 1988 in Danville, Calif. ... parents are April and David Hernandez ... has one younger sister, Brittany ... considering a major in education.