| Hunter Harris
Big Sandy, Texas
|Height / Weight:|
6-1 / 200
· Pitched in six games for the Longhorns as a sophomore.
· Logged a 1-0 record with one save, a 3.60 ERA and eight strikeouts in 10.0 innings of work.
· Worked 1.0 innings of scoreless relief in one Big 12 Conference appearance.
· Earned first career save against UT Pan American, pitching three innings of relief, yielding one run on one hit while striking out two (2/26).
· Logged first win of the season pitching two innings of scoreless relief against UT San Antonio (3/17). Allowed one hit while fanning three Roadrunners.
· Threw one inning of shutout relief in win against Texas Tech (3/20).
· Tossed one inning of shutout relief in win over Oral Roberts (3/24).
· Pitched for the East Texas PumpJacks under the direction of Coach Stan Phelps in the Texas Collegiate League.
· Registered a 1-4 record with one save and a 4.50 ERA while striking out 13 over 18 innings.
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2007)
· Spring 2007 Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll
· Pitched in 10 games for the Longhorns as a redshirt freshman, including three starts.
· Posted a 2-0 record with a 5.89 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 18.1 innings of work.
· Worked 2.1 innings of scoreless relief, striking out four in two Big 12 Conference appearances
· Logged two strikeouts in two innings of one-hit, scoreless relief in win over UT Pan American (2/13).
· Earned a win with two innings of scoreless pitching against Texas State (2/20).
· Notched three strikeouts in two innings of one-hit, scoreless relief in UT's win over Texas Tech (4/14).
· Pitched for the Hyannis Mets under the direction of Coach Rick Robinson in the Cape Cod Collegiate League.
· Went 2-1 with one save and a 2.55 in 14 appearances with Hyannis, including striking out 27 and walking just eight in 24.2 innings of work.
· Pitched for the Youse Orioles of the Cal Ripken, Sr. Collegiate Baseball League (CRSCBL) under the direction of Coach Dean Albany.
· Appeared in eight games for the Orioles, including six starts, logging a 3-1 record, 1.59 ERA and 42 strikeouts in 39.1 innings of work.
· Tabbed the No. 4 prospect in the CRSCBL by Baseball America and named CSRCBL Pitcher of the Year.
· Named CRSCBL Pitcher of the Week once during a span in which he went 21 consecutive innings without yielding an earned run.
· Starred in four sports at Gladewater (Texas) High School as he earned four letters in baseball, football, golf and basketball (2001-05).
· A two-time District 15-3A MVP and all-state performer (2004-05) as a pitcher/utility player for the Bears' baseball team.
· Went 9-3 on the mound as a senior captain with a 1.21 ERA and 173 strikeouts. Also batted .333 with eight home runs as a senior.
· Boasted an 11-0 record to go along with a 0.31 ERA and 186 strikeouts over 79.1 innings as a junior en route to being tabbed the All-East Texas Pitcher of the Year in 2004.
· Named his team's Freshman and Sophomore of the Year, respectively, in 2002 and 2003 while also garnering All-East Texas Newcomer honors and honorable mention all-state accolades as a freshman.
· Helped Gladewater win back-to-back District 13-5A Championships in 2004 and 2005 as the Bears posted a combined record of 55-10 over those two seasons (26-4 in 2004, 29-6 in 2005).
· Captained Coach David Husmann's football team as a quarterback and kicker and Coach David Quinn's golf team as a senior in 2005 after winning the District 15-3A Individual Golf Championship in 2003.
· Served as guard on head coach Bob Clopton's basketball squad from 2001-04.
· A Globe Scholar who was also involved in his high school theater and Spanish clubs as well as the Future Farmers of America.
· Pitched for Coach Bobby Garza's Dallas Patriots in the summer of 2005.
Born Hunter Bryan Harris on Jan. 18, 1987 in Tyler, Texas ... parents are Richard and Nancy Harris ... has an older brother, Miles Miller, and an older sister, Veronica Wolfe ... majoring in education/youth and community studies.