Texas Women's Basketball vs. Texas A&M - Corpus Christi
Friday, Nov. 30, 2012 at 11 a.m.
Frank Erwin Center
Treat your students this year and attend the second annual Texas Women's Basketball 40 Acres Field Trip! On Nov. 30, 2012, UT Athletics and the Frank Erwin Center will open its doors to 4th, 5th and 6th graders in Central Texas for exposure to college athletics and a unique experience with higher education. Students and chaperones will receive FREE tickets* to the Texas Women's Basketball game to visit the campus and be encouraged to pursue higher education.
In addition to the excitement of Texas Women's Basketball, local youth will be stimulated academically by some of the most entertaining educational programs The University of Texas has to offer. Each student will also receive a worksheet with age appropriate activities to enhance the educational value of this athletic event.
*Tickets subject to availability; transportation not provided.
- Pregame: Learn cheers from Texas Cheer and Pom
- The game: Watch the Texas Woman's Basketball team under new Head Coach Karen Aston take on the Texas A&M – Corpus Christi Islanders at the Frank Erwin Center. It is fun, loud and custom-made for students to have a great time!
- Halftime: Games for select schools to compete in on the court
- Post-game: Short videos highlighting The University of Texas at Austin
Video• Texas Women's Basketball 40 Acres Field Trip
Frequently Asked Questions
• What if I don't know exactly how many people are coming?
• Who should be the contact for the school?
• What if I need to change the number after I have submitted?
• How will students and chaperones get tickets?
• What if parents want to attend, but not as chaperones?
• Where do students put their lunch?
• Can we buy lunch at the game?
• Do we have to pay for parking for our bus(es)?
• Where can people driving to the event park?
• How much does this event cost?
• What happens if I lose something?
What if I don't know exactly how many people are coming?
Please put your best estimate. We appreciate you being as precise as possible but understand it is difficult to be exact so far in advance.
Who should be the contact for the school?
The contact for the school will receive important information from UT Athletics related to the event on a regular basis. Due to this we recommend the contact be a full-time employee at the school.
What if I need to change the number after I have submitted?
Please email 40AcresFieldTrip@athletics.utexas.com with your school name and how many people will be attending.
How will students and chaperones get tickets?
There will not be tickets for the event! Prior to the event the contact for the school will receive an email with an example of a name tag everyone from your school should wear.
What if parents want to attend, but not as chaperones?
If anyone else from the school is interested in attending they can purchase a ticket in advance on www.TexasSports.com or on gameday at the Erwin Center Box Office. They will not be able to sit with the school.
Where do students put their lunch?
Students can bring their lunch into the Frank Erwin Center on gameday. Large coolers and ice chests CANNOT be brought into the building. It is best to have each student carry their own lunch if possible.
Can we buy lunch at the game?
The concessions stands will be open and special offers are available for this game. Below is the menu of reduced price items for the event.
- $4 Kids Pack (hot dog, chips & soft drink)
- $2 Hot dogs
- $2 Soft drinks
- $1 Popcorn
Do we have to pay for parking for our bus(es)?
There will be areas for buses to park FREE of charge. You will receive information from UT Athletics as the event approaches with details.
Where can people driving to the event park?
For anyone who drives separately there is event parking available for a fee. Parking can also be purchased ahead of time for a discount online at https://utparking.clickandpark.com/venues.
How much does this event cost?
This is a FREE event. The only cost to schools is securing the bus(es) they travel on. UT Athletics is offering discount items to ensure students and chaperones have a great experience on the 40 Acres!
What happens if I lose something?
If an item is lost it will be taken to Guest Services located on the concourse by Section 26. If you realize after the game you have left something you can call 512-471-7744 to see if it has been turned in.
If you have any questions please email 40AcresFieldTrip@athletics.utexas.edu.