A-to-Z Track and Field Fan Guide
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Animals: Certified service animals or service animals in training for guests with disabilities are welcome at Mike A. Myers Stadium. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. No other animals are allowed in the facility.
- Concessions: Mike A. Myers Stadium has modified condiment tables for easy access by disabled guests.
- Parking: Disabled parking is available in lot 37 at Mike A. Myers Stadium.
- Restrooms: Disabled accessible stalls are located in the men's and women's restrooms under the eastside grandstands of Mike A. Myers Stadium.
- Seating: Ramps on each side of Mike A. Myers Stadium lead to public seating. For any questions concerning availability, call Texas Box Office at 512-477-6060.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited inside Mike A. Myers Stadium.
There is no ATM machine at Mike A. Myers Stadium. During the Texas Relays, temporary ATMs are located at Gate 1 by the ticket office.
Before, during and after the game, contact the UT Police Department at 512-471-4441 for dead battery and locked car assistance.
Bag searches (see also Prohibited items)
Only small personal bags (purses, baby or diaper bags, etc.) will be permitted inside Mike A. Myers Stadium and are subject to search at all entrances. Please leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle or at home. Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or discarded. Staff may not store or hold items for you. Patrons who refuse to allow visual inspections of contents of bags or purses will be denied entry into the facility.
Banners (see also Prohibited items)
Banners are not allowed in the facility.
Binoculars and their cases are permitted in the facility, subject to inspection at all entrances.
Box office (see Tickets)
Information on Texas television broadcasts can be found at TexasSports.com or the UT Athletics television schedule.
Cameras are allowed in the facility; detachable lenses longer than 3 inches are not. No flash photography is allowed. Video cameras are allowed inside Mike A. Myers Stadium.
For more information on Texas Track and Field camps, visit the Texas Sports Camps information page.
Child ticketing policy
Children under 2 may be admitted without a ticket.
Code of conduct (see also Alcohol, Smoking policy, Standing room only, Prohibited items and Weapons)
The NCAA and The University of Texas promote good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Spectators are reminded that they are prohibited from entering the playing area. Negative comments directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches or team representatives are grounds for removal. The NCAA, the Big 12 Conference and The University of Texas thank you for your cooperation.
Concessions are located under the eastside grandstands at Mike A. Myers Stadium. Cash only accepted.
Credit cards (see Longhorns, Ltd.)
Major credit cards are accepted at the Longhorns, Ltd. retail booth in the facility. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
Requests for autographed items for nonprofit/charitable purposes must be submitted to Longhorns, Ltd. For more information, refer to the UT Athletics donation/autograph policy.
UT Athletics offers fans several choices to receive official updates and other timely news. Visit the sign-up page at TexasSports.com.
For any emergency at Mike A. Myers Stadium, including medical emergencies, notify the nearest usher or police officer.
In the event of an emergency, staff will utilize the public address system to inform patrons of the situation and any instructions as applicable. All exits and emergency exits in the facility are clearly marked.
Texas Longhorns is the only official Facebook Page of Texas Athletics. Like us at Facebook.com/TexasLonghorns.
Emergency Medical Services from the City of Austin are stationed in the south east corner of Mike A. Myers Stadium. If you are in need of medical attention, please visit the EMS team, or notify the nearest usher or police officer. Ushers are trained to call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
For the general public, gates open 60 minutes prior to the start of the meet.
Google+ (see Social media)
Break down of an event when there are too many athletes to compete at the same time. Results from all heats are compiled, when the heats of that particular event are completed.
Heat sheets are available listing the participating athletes, lane and round assignment for each day of competition.
High school coach entrance
All high school coaches must contact the Texas Track and Field office at 512-471-3931 for meet entry. Photo IDs are required. Will Call for high school coaches tickets is located at Gate 1.
Information about Austin hotel accommodations can be found at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
IMG College/Longhorn Sports Network
IMG College is UT Athletics' multimedia rights vendor, which does business in Austin as the Longhorn Sports Network (LSN). LSN produces and delivers conventional over-the-air radio, with Austin's Clear Channel Communications affiliate KVET-AM/FM serving as flagship station. LSN also represents all corporate sponsorship sales for UT Athletics, including those elements appearing in signage, game day publications, consumer and retail promotions, and video. For more information about advertising, sponsorships or promotions, contact IMG College/LSN at 512-478-1833.
Longhorn All-Sports Package (LASP)
The LASP is a unique package available for The University of Texas students, faculty and staff where, for one low price, tickets for all home regular season events can be obtained. Visit the Tickets page for more LASP information.
Longhorns Kids Club
The Time Warner Cable Longhorns Kids Club is for children in 8th grade and younger. Members receive free admission to select events (excluding football), a T-shirt, membership card, and more! For more information about the Time Warner Cable Longhorns Kids Club, visit the LKC website.
Longhorns, Ltd. is the official team store of Texas Athletics. During Texas Track and Field meets, a Longhorns, Ltd. retail booth is located on the northeast corner along the east concourse of Mike A. Myers Stadium. Shop online at LonghornsLtd.com or at one of three locations in Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium during standard business hours. The west side store entrance is on San Jacinto Dr. directly across from the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center; the east side store entrance is on Robert Dedman Dr. next to the entrance to The University of Texas Club; the north store entrance is located in the north end zone between gates 14 and 16. Major credit cards are accepted at Longhorns, Ltd., locations. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
Lost and found
During the meet, lost items should be reported to an usher. After the meet, call 512-232-8693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost children should be reported to the nearest usher.
Lost tickets should be reported to 800-982-2386.
Mascot (Read more about Bevo and other UT traditions.)
- Bevo, the Longhorn steer
- Hook 'Em, the costumed mascot of the Longhorns
Meet dates and times
Texas Track and Field meet dates and times are subject to change. In the event a meet date or time change should occur, the information is immediately posted on TexasSports.com and also communicated through the local media.
Merchandise (see Longhorns, Ltd.)
Big 12 Conference and NCAA rules prohibit artificial noisemakers from being brought inside the facility. This includes, but is not limited to, all horns (including air horns), cow bells and whistles. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Public parking is available in the Manor Garage located at 2017 Robert Dedman Dr. on a space-available basis.
- ADA parking is available in the Manor Garage located at 2017 Robert Dedman Dr. on a space-available basis.
Photographs of Texas Track and Field action, as well as other sports, may be purchased online at TexasPhotoStore.com.
Pinterest (see Social media)
Preliminary heats (Prelims)
Session of a meet in which qualification heats are conducted.
Programs (see Publications)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bags larger than 12 x 18 inches
- Beverage containers
- Equipment cases
- Flag poles
- Meet programs: Meet programs are available at any Longhorns, Ltd. stand in the stadium on the day of the meet.
- Longhorn Scoreboard: Free e-newsletter of Texas Athletics. Receive special articles, insights and promotions from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorn Scoreboard.
- Longhorns Links: Free e-newsletter of Texas Athletics. A Monday-Friday morning email report that brings you the day's top headlines from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorns Links.
Hand-held and pocket-sized portable radios are allowed in the facility. Please be considerate of other patrons and use an earpiece or headphones to listen to your radio.
Visit the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association website for the most recent collegiate track and field polls.
Postponement of races and events due to inclement weather will be announced over the public address system immediately. Fans are required to clear the stands until severe weather is out of the area. Shelter is available underneath the stadium and in Manor Garage, which is adjacent to Mike A. Myers Stadium.
Patrons must have a hand stamp and a meet ticket stub to re-enter the facility. Hand stamps are available at all stadium exits throughout the game.
Resale of tickets
Per University of Texas Regents' Rules (Chapter VI, Section 6): The resale of athletics tickets, for any amount of money, on a University of Texas property, constitutes solicitation and is strictly prohibited unless permitted as defined by the Regents' Rules and Regulations. Subjects found soliciting on University of Texas property can receive a criminal trespass warning and will be required to leave University of Texas property immediately or be subject to arrest for criminal trespass.
Restrooms are located under the eastside grandstands in Mike A. Myers Stadium.
Mike A. Myers Stadium has an official seating capacity of 20,000. [Mike A. Myers Stadium seating diagram]
Scalpers and ticket brokers (see Resale of Tickets)
Security (also see Prohibited items)
- Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the facility or the teams may be ejected from the stadium. Intoxicated fans will not be allowed into the stadium. An ejected patron will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the meet. Re-entry by an ejected patron is grounds for arrest.
- You and your belongings may be searched upon entry into the stadium. By tendering your ticket and entering the facility, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against The University of Texas. If you elect not to consent to a search, you will not be allowed into the facility.
- To report an incident in your seating area, please notify the nearest usher, security guard or UT police officer at the entrance nearest to your seat. After the meet, please email email@example.com with all game day-related questions or concerns.
In accordance with University policy, smoking is not permitted anywhere inside Mike A. Myers Stadium.
The University of Texas does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers or other promotional/advertising materials on University of Texas property.
Souvenirs (see Longhorns, Ltd. and Photographs)
Special announcements on the public address system and scoreboard are limited to medical and police emergencies. Mike A. Myers Stadium does not announce or display birthday, anniversary or other personal messages on the public address system or scoreboard.
Non-profit organizations can raise money by participating in the stadium clean-up process for Mike A. Myers Stadium after UT track meets. Stadium clean-up requires each group to sweep and bag all trash located in a designated area of the stadium. Each area requires at least 20 people to complete the cleaning in a timely manner. Each group is required to submit a tax ID number and letter of non-profit organization status. Payment is sent directly to your organization. If your organization is interested in earning extra funds, please email Heath Seaton at Heath.Seaton@athletics.utexas.edu. State your interest to participate in this fundraising opportunity. Include the name of your organization, a contact person and their e-mail address and phone number.
Standing room only
Every ticket has a seat or general admission assignment. Patrons with reserved seats should go to their seat locations. General admission patrons should be seated in their appropriate areas.
Student Orange Bloods
Student Orange Bloods (SOBs) is the longtime, hardcore UT Athletics student fan base. The SOBs page detailing up-to-date information relevant to all students is found on TexasSports.com.
Tailgating is permitted in parking areas surrounding Mike A. Myers Stadium. Please note that open flames are not permitted in the parking garages.
Team store (see Longhorns, Ltd.)
- Tickets: 800-982-BEVO (2386) or 512-471-3333
- Emergency/UT Police Dept.: 512-471-4441
- Longhorn Foundation: 512-471-4439
- Longhorns, Ltd. / Texas Team Store: 512-476-3535
The official website of University of Texas Athletics.
Every year, the Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays presented by State Farm attracts over 3,000 athletes -- collegiate and professional -- and over 20,000 fans to watch many of the top track and field competitors in the world. From world and NCAA Champions to current and future Olympians, Myers Stadium is host to a collection of high-caliber performances.
Red McCombs Red Zone Food Court hours of operation during Texas Relays:
MONDAY - THURSDAY
• Subway - 7a.m.: 7 p.m.
• How Do You Roll: 11a.m. - 7 p.m.
• Starbucks: 7a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Hat Creek: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
• Subway: 7 am. - 5 p.m.
• How Do You Roll: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Starbucks: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Hat Creek: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Stay connected to the Longhorns by signing up to receive breaking news, special offers and exclusive content delivered straight to your wireless phone. Text HORNS to 51234 or visit the Text Alerts page on TexasSports.com. (Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Online: TexasBoxOffice.com
- Call UT Athletics Ticket Office at 800-982-BEVO (2386) or 512-471-3333 (Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Central, Sat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Central)
- Call Texas Box Office charge-by-phone at 512-477-6060
- Visit any Texas Box Office ticket location, including the UT Athletics Ticket Office located in the first-floor lobby of Bellmont Hall, 2100 San Jacinto Blvd. (Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Central), or the Erwin Center box office located at 1701 Red River (Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Central)
- Mike A. Myers Stadium (meet days, 60 minutes prior to meet start time)
Follow the Texas Longhorns at Twitter.com/TexasSports. Follow Texas Men's Track and Field at Twitter.com/TexasMTF and follow Texas Women's Track and Field at Twitter.com/TexasWTandF.
Video cameras are permitted in the facility.
Water fountains are located adjacent to the concession stands under the eastside grandstands of Mike A. Myers Stadium.
No weapons of any kind are permitted in Mike A. Myers Stadium or any designated UT venue. This policy includes weapons used by off-duty law enforcement officers. Firearms must be secured at either the UT Police Department (corner of Dedman and Littlefield drives) or within an individual's vehicle.
TexasSports.com is the official website of University of Texas Athletics.
Tickets purchased through the Texas Box Office charge-by-phone line (512-477-6060) or online at TexasBoxOffice.com and designated for Will Call may be picked up at the UT Athletics Ticket Office located in Bellmont Hall (Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Central) from the time of purchase until noon the day of the event. Will Call is located at the Mike A. Myers Stadium box office at gate 3 on the south west corner of Mike A. Myers Stadium. Will Call opens 1 hour prior to meet start time. To pick up tickets in Will Call, the person picking up the tickets must bring the credit card used to purchase the tickets along with a driver's license. In addition, the name on the credit card must be the same as the person picking up the tickets.
YouTube (see Social media)