A-to-Z Swimming and Diving Fan Guide
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Animals: Certified service animals or service animals in training for guests with disabilities are welcome at Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. No other animals are allowed in the facility.
- Parking: ADA parking is available in the Trinity garage as space is available. ADA parking is also available in the Brazos Parking Garage located at 210 E. MLK Blvd.
- Restrooms: Disabled accessible stalls are located in the men's restroom & women's restroom on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors.
- Seating: Disabled seating is located in the main grand stands of Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited inside Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
Before, during and after the meet, contact the UT Police Department at 512-471-4441 for dead battery and locked car assistance.
Bag searches (see also Prohibited Items)
Banners (see also Prohibited Items)
Banners are not allowed in the facility.
Binoculars and their cases are permitted in the facility, subject to inspection at all entrances.
Cameras, other than professional cameras with detachable lenses, are allowed in the facility. No flash photography is allowed. Video cameras are permitted inside the facility. Patrons must film from their seat.
For more information on Texas Swimming and Diving camps, visit the Texas Sports Camps information page.
Code of conduct (see also Alcohol, Smoking Policy, Standing room Only, Prohibited Items, and Weapons)
The NCAA and The University of Texas promote good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Spectators are reminded that they are prohibited from entering the playing area. Negative comments directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches or team representatives are grounds for removal. The NCAA, the Big 12 Conference and The University of Texas thank you for your cooperation.
Concessions are located on the second floor of Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center. Cash and major credit cards are accepted. Concession stands will not be open during dual meets.
Credit cards (see Longhorn Aquatics Store)
Major credit cards, cash, and check are accepted at the Longhorn Aquatics Store and concession stands in the facility. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment. Concessions are cash only.
Requests for autographed items for nonprofit/charitable purposes must be submitted to Longhorns, Ltd. For more information, refer to the UT Athletics donations/autograph policy.
UT Athletics offers fans several choices to receive official updates and other timely news. Visit the sign-up page at TexasSports.com.
For any emergency at Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center, including medical emergencies, notify the nearest Texas Swim Center staff.
In the event of an emergency, staff will utilize the public address system to inform patrons of the situation and any instructions as applicable. All exits and emergency exits in the facility are clearly marked.
Texas Longhorns is the only official Facebook Page of UT Athletics. Like us at Facebook.com/TexasLonghorns.
The final race of each event.
If you are in need of medical attention, please notify the nearest Texas Swim Center staff or the front reception desk located on the 1st floor of Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center. Texas Swim Center staff are trained to call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
Google+ (see Social media)
Break down of an event when there are too many swimmers to compete at the same time. Results from all heats are compiled, when the heats of that particular event are completed.
Heat sheets can be purchased for $5-$8 at the Longhorn Aquatic Store located on the 2nd floor of the Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center. Heat sheets are not given out at dual meets.
Information about Austin hotel accommodations can be found at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
IMG College/Longhorn Sports Properties
IMG College is UT Athletics' multimedia rights vendor, which does business in Austin as Longhorn Sports Properties (LSP). LSP produces and delivers conventional over-the-air radio, with Austin's Clear Channel Communications affiliate KVET-AM/FM serving as flagship station. LPN also represents all corporate sponsorship sales for UT Athletics, including those elements appearing in signage, game day publications, consumer and retail promotions, and video. For more information about advertising, sponsorships or promotions, contact IMG College/LSP at 512-478-1833.
Longhorns Kids Club
The Time Warner Cable Longhorns Kids Club is for children in 8th grade and younger. Members receive free admission to select events (excluding football), a T-shirt, membership card, and more! For more information about the Time Warner Cable Longhorns Kids Club, visit the LKC website.
Longhorns Aquatics store
The Longhorns Aquatic store is located on the 2nd floor of Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swim Center. Shop online at utexas.edu/longhornaquatics/store.html.
Longhorns, Ltd. is the official team store of Texas Athletics. Shop online at LonghornsLtd.com or at one of three locations in Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium during standard business hours. The west side store entrance is on San Jacinto Dr. directly across from the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center; the east side store entrance is on Robert Dedman Dr. next to the entrance to The University of Texas Club; the north store entrance is located in the north end zone between gates 14 and 16.) Major credit cards are accepted at Longhorns, Ltd., locations. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
Lost and found
During the meet, lost items should be reported to the front reception desk located on the first floor. After the meet, call 512-471-7703.
Lost children should be reported to the nearest Texas Swim Center staff.
Meet programs are free and available on the 2nd floor of Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center during meets.
Meet dates and times
Texas Swimming and Diving meet dates and times are subject to change. In the event a meet date or time change should occur, the information will be immediately posted on TexasSports.com and also communicated through the local media.
Merchandise (see Longhorns, Ltd., and Longhorns Aquatics Store)
Big 12 Conference and NCAA rules prohibit artificial noisemakers from being brought inside the facility. This includes, but is not limited to, all horns (including air horns), cow bells and whistles. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Public parking is available in the Trinity Garage located at the corner of Trinity & MLK Blvd.
- ADA parking is available in the Trinity Garage on a space-available basis. ADA parking is also available in the Brazos Garage located at 210 E. MLK Blvd.
Photographs of Texas Swimming and Diving action, as well as other sports, may be purchased online at TexasPhotoStore.com.
Pinterest (see Social media)
Preliminary heats (Prelims)
Session of a meet in which qualification heats are conducted.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cameras (with professional, detachable long-lenses)
- Equipment cases
- Meet programs: Meet programs are free and available on the 2nd floor of Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center during meets.
- Longhorn Scoreboard: Free e-newsletter of Texas Athletics. Receive special articles, insights and promotions from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorn Scoreboard.
- Longhorns Links: Free e-newsletter of Texas Athletics. A Monday-Friday morning email report that brings you the day's top headlines from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorns Links.
Hand-held and pocket-sized portable radios are allowed in the facility. Please be considerate of other patrons and use an earpiece or headphones to listen to your radio.
Visit NCAA.com for the most recent collegiate swimming and diving polls -- Men's Swimming and Diving | Women's Swimming and Diving.
Men's and women's restrooms are located on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center has an official seating capacity of 2,600.
Security (also see Prohibited items)
- Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to a Texas Swim Center employee, usher or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the facility or the teams may be ejected from the building. Intoxicated fans will not be allowed into the building. An ejected patron will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the meet. Re-entry by an ejected patron is grounds for arrest.
- You and your belongings may be searched upon entry into the building. By tendering your ticket and entering the facility, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against The University of Texas. If you elect not to consent to a search, you will not be allowed into the facility.
- To report an incident in your seating area, please notify the nearest Texas Swim Center employee, usher, security guard or UT police officer at the entrance nearest to your seat. After the game, please email email@example.com with all meet day-related questions or concerns.
In accordance with University policy, smoking is not permitted anywhere inside Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
The University of Texas does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers or other promotional/advertising materials on University of Texas property.
Souvenirs (see Longhorns, Ltd., Longhorns Aquatics Store, and Photographs)
Special announcements on the public address system and scoreboard are limited to medical and police emergencies. Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center does not announce or display birthday, anniversary or other personal messages on the public address system or scoreboard.
Student Orange Bloods
Student Orange Bloods (SOBs) is the longtime, hardcore UT Athletics student fan base. The SOBs page detailing up-to-date information relevant to all students is found on TexasSports.com.
Team store (see Longhorns, Ltd.)
- Tickets: 800-982-BEVO (2386) or 512-471-3333
- Emergency/UT Police Dept.: 512-471-4441
- Lost and Found: 512-471-7703
- Longhorn Foundation: 512-471-4439
- Longhorns, Ltd. / Texas Team Store: 512-476-3535
- Longhorn Aquatics: 512-471-0422
- Texas Swim Center 512-471-7771
The official website of University of Texas Athletics.
Stay connected to the Longhorns by signing up to receive breaking news, special offers and exclusive content delivered straight to your wireless phone. Text HORNS to 51234 or visit the Text Alerts page on TexasSports.com. (Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)
Regular season Texas Swimming and Diving home meets are free to attend.
Follow the Texas Longhorns at Twitter.com/TexasSports. Follow Texas Men's Swimming and Diving at Twitter.com/TexasMSD and follow Texas Women's Swimming and Diving at Twitter.com/TexasWSD.
Video cameras are permitted in the facility, but fans must shoot video from their seats.
Water fountains are located on the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd floors of the Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center.
No weapons of any kind are permitted in Lee & Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center or any designated UT venue. This policy includes weapons used by off-duty law enforcement officers. Firearms must be secured at either the UT Police Department (corner of Dedman and Littlefield drives) or within an individual's vehicle.
YouTube (see Social media)