A-to-Z Softball Fan Guide
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Animals: Certified service animals or service animals in training for guests with disabilities are welcome at Red & Charline McCombs Field. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. No other animals are allowed in the facility.
- Concessions: Red & Charline McCombs Field has modified condiment tables for easy access by disabled guests.
- Parking: Disabled parking is available in Lot 115 at Red & Charline McCombs Field.
- Restrooms: Disabled accessible stalls are located in the men's restroom on the third base side of the concourse and in the women's restroom on the first base side of the concourse.
- Seating: Ramps on each side of Red & Charline McCombs Field lead to public seating. For any questions concerning availability, call Texas Box Office at (512) 477-6060.
Open alcoholic beverage containers are prohibited inside Red & Charline McCombs Field.
An ATM is located along the first base concourse.
Before, during and after the game, contact the UT Police Department at (512) 471-4441 for dead battery and locked car assistance.
Autographs are not available on all gamedays. For information on autograph sessions, please visit BevosBargains.com. For all other autographed item requests, please refer to the UT Athletics autograph policy.
Baby changing stations
Baby changing stations are available in the public restrooms at Red & Charline McCombs Field.
Bag searches (see also Prohibited items)
Only small personal bags (purses, baby or diaper bags, etc.) will be permitted inside Red & Charline McCombs Field and are subject to search at all entrances. Please leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle or at home. Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or discarded. Staff may not store or hold items for you until postgame. Patrons who refuse to allow visual inspections of contents of bags or purses will be denied entry into the facility.
Banners (see also Prohibited items)
Banners are not allowed in the facility.
Binoculars and their cases are permitted in the facility, subject to inspection at all entrances.
Box office (see Tickets)
Check out BevosBargains.com for the latest bargains and promotions going on at Texas Athletics events all year long.
- Television: Information on television broadcasts of Texas Softball games can be found at TexasSports.com or the UT Athletics television schedule.
- Longhorn Network offers live coverage of home events. Contact your cable or satellite provider regarding Longhorn Network. Authenticated subscribers to LHN may view coverage on www.longhornnetwork.com
- Internet Audio: Listen to select Texas Softball games online at TexasSports.com (audio subscription required).
- Due to Big 12 Conference television contracts, video of Texas sporting events broadcast exclusively by Big 12 television partners (ABC, ESPN, FOX platforms) cannot be streamed on the Internet at the same time. There are additional telecast window exclusivity provisions in these contracts that may prevent Texas sporting events from telecast at the same time as another event.
Cameras, other than professional cameras with detachable lenses, are allowed in the facility. No flash photography is allowed. Video cameras are permitted inside the facility.
For more information on Texas Softball camps, visit the Texas Longhorns Sports Camps information page.
Child ticketing policy
Children under the age of two are admitted free. Children two years old or above must have a ticket to enter the facility.
Code of conduct (see also Alcohol, Smoking policy, Standing room only, Prohibited items and Weapons)
The NCAA and The University of Texas promote good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Spectators are reminded that they are prohibited from entering the playing area. Negative comments directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches or team representatives are grounds for removal. The NCAA, the Big 12 Conference and The University of Texas thank you for your cooperation.
Concessions are located in the middle of the concourse at Red & Charline McCombs Field. Food and drink prices range from $3-$6. No outside food or drink is allowed in the stadium.
Contests and promotions (See IMG College/Longhorn Sports Marketing)
Major credit cards are accepted at the concession stands and Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop retail booth in the facility. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
Customer Relations Program (CRP)
- Customer Relations Program page on TexasSports.com
- If you need assistance getting to and from Red and Charline McCombs Field during a weekend series, check out the Customer Relations Program. CRP is designed to assist all patrons, especially those who may be mobility, hearing, or visually impaired, by offering a shuttle service, presented by Round Rock Auto Group, to and from ADA parking areas before and after each game. Pregame shuttles run approximately one hour prior to the first pitch through the second inning, and postgame shuttles begin during the middle of the fifth inning. For more information, please contact CRP by e-mail at CRP@athletics.utexas.edu or by phone at (512) 471-7323.
Requests for autographed items for nonprofit/charitable purposes must be submitted to Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop. For more information, refer to the UT Athletics donation/autograph policy.
UT Athletics offers fans several choices to receive official updates and other timely news. Visit the sign-up page at TexasSports.com.
The elevator located on the concourse is not for use by the general public. It is used exclusively to gain entry to the press box area.
For any emergency at Red & Charline McCombs Field, including medical emergencies, notify the nearest usher or police officer.
In the event of an emergency, staff will use the public address system to inform patrons of the situation and any instructions as applicable. All exits and emergency exits in the facility are clearly marked.
Facebook (see Social media)
Emergency Medical Services from the City of Austin are stationed in the middle of the concourse. If you are in need of medical attention, please visit the EMS team, or notify the nearest usher or police officer. Ushers are trained to call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
Game dates and times
Texas Softball game dates and times are subject to change. In the event a game date or time change should occur, the information will be immediately posted on TexasSports.com on the automated phone system at (512) 471-6230, and will be communicated through the local media.
For the general public, gates open 60 minutes prior to the first pitch.
Game programs (see Publications)
Google+ (see Social media)
Group ticket packages
Any group of 10 or more qualifies for major discounts to select home Texas Softball games. Click here for more information on group ticket packages.
High school coach entrance
All high school coaches must contact the Texas Softball office [(512) 471-6230] for game entry. Photo IDs and coaches card are required. Will Call for high school coaches tickets is located at Gate 1.
Information about Austin hotel accommodations can be found at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
IMG College/Longhorn Sports Marketing
IMG College is UT Athletics' multimedia rights vendor, which does business in Austin as Longhorn Sports Marketing (LSM). LSM produces and delivers conventional over-the-air radio, with Austin's Clear Channel Communications affiliate KVET-AM/FM serving as flagship station. LSM also represents all corporate sponsorship sales for UT Athletics and Red & Charline McCombs Field, including those elements appearing in signage, game day publications, consumer and retail promotions. For more information about advertising, sponsorships or promotions, contact IMG College/LSM at (512) 478-1833.
Longhorn All-Sports Package (LASP)
The LASP is a unique package available for The University of Texas students, faculty and staff that, for one low price, offers tickets for all home regular season events. Visit the Tickets Web page for more LASP information.
Longhorns Kids Club
The Time Warner Cable Longhorns Kids Club is for children in 8th grade and younger. Members receive great benefits including FREE admission to select regular season 100 UT Athletics home events, invitations to special parties, and with two packages tailored to the ages and interests of members they can even get a FREE Texas Football Jersey. Visit LonghornsKidsClub.com for more information about becoming a member and getting hooked on the Longhorns.
Lost and found
During the game, lost items should be reported to an usher. After the game, call (512) 471-8940 or email email@example.com.
Lost children should be reported to the nearest usher.
Lost tickets should be reported to 1-800-982-BEVO (2386) or (512) 471-3333.
Mascot (Read more about Bevo and other UT traditions.)
- Bevo, the Longhorn steer
- Hook 'Em, the costumed mascot of the Longhorns
Merchandise (see Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop)
Big 12 Conference and NCAA rules prohibit artificial noisemakers from being brought inside the facility. This includes, but is not limited to, all horns (including air horns), cow bells and whistles. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Softball parking map
- Parking disruptions on home softball gamedays
- Lot 115, located on the east side of IH-35, is restricted beginning at 6 a.m. the first game day through the last game day in that series.
- Texas Softball public parking
- A cashier station is located on Comal St. between E. 21st St. and E. 20th and opens two hours prior to each game and remains open until 30 minutes after the game begins.
- Fans should stop by the cashier station to purchase a $5 parking pass for Lots 35, 109, 110, 114 and the lot located at the corner of Leona & MLK. UT parking permit holders are allowed to park in any of these lots at no charge as space is available.
- ADA/disabled parking (see ADA accommodations)
- UT Austin permit holders
- Class "C" or “A” permit holders may use the following parking locations for overnight parking during game days:
Lots 103, 106, 107, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 116 and 117 east of IH-35
Photographs of Texas Softball game action, as well as other sports, may be purchased online at TexasPhotoStore.com.
Pinterest (see Social media)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bags larger than 12 x 18 inches
- Beverage containers
- Cameras (with professional, detachable long-lenses)
- Equipment cases
- Flag poles
- Game programs: Scorecards and stat sheets are available for purchase at the Longhorns, Ltd. retail store located on the concourse behind home plate.
- Longhorn Scoreboard: Free e-newsletter of UT Athletics. Receive special articles, insights and promotions from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorn Scoreboard.
- Longhorns Links: Free e-newsletter of UT Athletics. A Monday-Friday morning email report that brings you the day's top headlines from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorns Links.
- Student Orange Bloods Bulletin: The official student e-newsletter of UT Athletics. Subscribe today to SOBs Bulletin.
Hand-held and pocket-sized portable radios are allowed in the facility. Please be considerate of other patrons and use an earpiece or headphones to listen to your radio.
Visit the Texas Softball Rankings & Standings page for the most recent collegiate softball polls.
If the game is rescheduled for another date, the ticket from the rain out will be accepted at the make up date. Single game purchasers can redeem their stub for a general admission ticket for another remaining game or receive a refund for the cost of the ticket but not any service charges that were incurred. Season ticket holders may not exchange or receive a refund because their tickets are already discounted for the overall season.
Patrons must have a hand stamp and a game ticket stub to re-enter the facility. Hand stamps are available at all stadium exits throughout the game.
Resale of tickets
Per University of Texas Regents' Rules (Chapter VI, Section 6): The resale of athletics tickets, for any amount of money, on a University of Texas property, constitutes solicitation and is strictly prohibited unless permitted as defined by the Regents' Rules and Regulations. Subjects found soliciting on University of Texas property can receive a criminal trespass warning and will be required to leave University of Texas property immediately or be subject to arrest for criminal trespass.
Scalpers and ticket brokers (also see Resale of Tickets)
Red & Charline McCombs Field has an official seating capacity of 1,252.
Security (also see Prohibited items)
- Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the facility or the teams may be ejected from the building. Intoxicated fans will not be allowed into the building. An ejected patron will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the game. Re-entry by an ejected patron is grounds for arrest.
- You and your belongings may be searched upon entry into the building. By tendering your ticket and entering the facility, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against The University of Texas. If you elect not to consent to a search, you will not be allowed into the facility.
- To report an incident in your seating area, please notify the nearest usher, security guard or UT police officer at the entrance nearest to your seat. After the game, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all game day-related questions or concerns.
In accordance with University policy, smoking is not permitted anywhere inside Red & Charline McCombs Field or on the UT campus.
The University of Texas does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers or other promotional/advertising materials on University of Texas property.
Souvenirs (see Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop and Photographs)
Standing room only
Every ticket has a seat or general admission assignment. Patrons with reserved seats should go to their seat locations. General admission patrons should be seated in their appropriate areas.
Student Orange Bloods
Student Orange Bloods (SOBs) is the longtime, hardcore UT Athletics student fan base. Visit StudentOrangeBloods.com for Athletics information relevant to all UT students.
Tailgating is permitted in parking areas surrounding Red & Charline McCombs Field. Please note that open flames are not permitted in parking garages.
- Tickets: 1-800-982-BEVO (2386) or (512) 471-3333
- Emergency/UT Police Dept.: (512) 471-4441
- Lost and Found: (512) 471-6230 (or email email@example.com)
- Longhorn Foundation: (512) 471-4439
- Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop: (512) 476-3535
Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop
The Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop is the official team store of Texas Athletics. During Texas Softball games, Team Shop retail booth is located just inside the facility to the left of the main entrance. Shop online at shop at shop.TexasSports.com or at one of two locations in Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium during standard business hours. The west side store entrance is on San Jacinto Dr. directly across from the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center; the east side store entrance is on Robert Dedman Dr. next to the entrance to The University of Texas Club. Major credit cards are accepted at Team Shop locations. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
The official website of University of Texas Athletics.
Stay connected to the Longhorns by signing up to receive breaking news, special offers and exclusive content delivered straight to your wireless phone. Text HORNS to 51234 or visit the Text Alerts page on TexasSports.com. (Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Online: TexasSports.com
- Call UT Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-982-BEVO (2386) or (512) 471-3333 (Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Central; Sat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Central)
- Visit any Texas Box Office ticket location, including the UT Athletics Ticket Office located in the first-floor lobby of Bellmont Hall, 2100 San Jacinto Blvd. (Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Central), or the Erwin Center box office located at 1701 Red River (Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Central)
- Red & Charline McCombs Field (game days, 60 minutes prior to first pitch)
- Group tickets: For discounted tickets for groups of 10 or more, please call (512) 232-3865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter (see Social media)
Video cameras are permitted in the facility, but fans must shoot video from their seats.
Fans may purchase a variety of products supplied by the Longhorn Sports Marketing, including special DVDs. To purchase, visit the University of Texas Athletics Online Multimedia Store.
Water fountains are located across from the concession stand in the concourse area.
No weapons of any kind are permitted in Red & Charline McCombs Field or any designated UT venue. This policy includes weapons used by off-duty law enforcement officers. Firearms must be secured at either the UT Police Department (corner of Dedman and Littlefield drives) or within an individual's vehicle.
TexasSports.com is the official website of University of Texas Athletics.
Tickets purchased through the Texas Box Office charge-by-phone line [(512) 471-3333] or online at TexasSports.com and designated for Will Call may be picked up at the UT Athletics Ticket Office located in Bellmont Hall (Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.) from the time of purchase until noon the day of the event.
On game day, Will Call is located at the Red & Charline McCombs Field box office. Will Call opens one hour prior to first pitch. To pick up tickets in Will Call, the person picking up the tickets must bring a photo ID.
YouTube (see Social media)