A-to-Z Basketball Fan Guide
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Animals: Certified service animals or service animals in training for guests with disabilities are welcome at the Frank Erwin Center. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. No other animals are allowed into the building.
- Concessions: The Frank Erwin Center has modified concession condiment tables for easy access to disabled guests.
- Drinking fountains: Drinking fountains are installed for disabled guests and are accessible in all areas of the concourse.
- ADA parking is available in Lot 108 for Longhorn Foundation donors only on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA parking is available at $10 per vehicle for Men's Basketball and $5 per vehicle for Women's Basketball in Lot 118 on the north side of the Frank Erwin Center on a first-come, first-served basis. Person with an ADA state placard or license plate MUST be in the vehicle. Longhorn Foundation donors who wish to park in this ADA lot, and who also present a Longhorn Foundation permit, may do so at no cost.
- Basketball parking map
- Restrooms: All restrooms are equipped with lower lavatories. Stalls have grab rails, extra wide doors and raised bowls.
- Seating: Disabled guests gain entry at the Red River street level entrance. Elevators are located in the Red River lobby. Reserved seat locations are accessible by wheelchair in Row 32 of selected sections on the arena level, and on Row 3 of selected sections on the mezzanine level. For any questions concerning availability, call Texas Box Office at 512-477-3333.
- TDD: The Frank Erwin Center provides a courtesy TDD for guests making outgoing calls during all events. The TDD is located in our Red River reception offices, located outside Section 20 on the arena level and outside Section 60 on the mezzanine level. The office is staffed during all events and an office assistant will assist you with your call.
- Telephones: Disabled guests have access to specially-mounted public telephones near the Red River entrances and on the arena level.
Outside alcoholic beverage containers are prohibited on the plaza and inside Frank Erwin Center, except in designated areas.
For your convenience, there are ATM machines at the following locations:
- Red River lobby next to arena floor doorway
- Concourse level next to Section 25-26, south side of building
- Mezzanine level between Section 78-80 and Section 80-82, east side of the building
Autographs are not available on most game days. For autographs of basketball players and coaches, please check TexasSports.com for any scheduled autograph sessions. For all other autographed item requests, please refer to the UT Athletics autograph policy.
Before, during and after the game, contact the UT Police Department at 512-471-4441 for dead battery and locked car assistance.
Baby changing stations
Baby changing stations are available in most public restrooms at Frank Erwin Center.
Backpacks/Bag policy (see also Prohibited items)
A bag will be allowed in (after search) if it can fit under the seat (approx. 16-1/2" x 6-1/2"). Large bags are a safety issue and could be an obstruction in an emergency situation.
Banners (see also Prohibited items)
Banners are not allowed into the arena.
Binoculars and their cases are permitted in the building, subject to inspection at all entrances.
Tickets purchased through the TexasSports.com charge-by-phone line (512-477-3333) or online at TexasBoxOffice.com and designated for Will Call can be picked up at the Frank Erwin Center Red River box office during normal business hours from the time of purchase through the end of the business day prior to the event. On game day, Will Call will be moved to the South box office of the Frank Erwin Center. Hours of operation are Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Television: Information on television broadcasts of Men's and Women's Basketball games can be found at TexasSports.com or the UT Athletics television schedule.
- Longhorn Network offers live coverage of home events. Contact your cable or satellite provider regarding Longhorn Network. Authenticated subscribers to LHN may view coverage on LonghornNetwork.com.
- Radio: Listen to Men's Basketball live on KVET 98.1 FM and KVET 1300 AM The Zone. Outside of Austin, games may be heard on these Longhorn Sports Network radio stations. Listen to Women's Basketball live on KVET 1300 AM The Zone.
- Internet Audio: Listen to select Men's and Women's Basketball games online at TexasSports.com (audio subscription required).
- Satellite Radio: Men's Basketball and select Women's Basketball games can be heard on XM Radio, Ch. 202.
- Due to Big 12 Conference television contracts, video of Texas sporting events broadcast exclusively by Big 12 television partners (ABC, ESPN, FOX platforms) cannot be streamed on the Internet at the same time. There are additional telecast window exclusivity provisions in these contracts that may prevent Texas sporting events from telecast at the same time as another event.
Cameras, other than professional cameras with detachable lenses, are allowed in the building. Video cameras are not permitted inside the building.
For more information on Men's and Women's Basketball camps, visit the Texas Longhorns Sports Camps information page, updated in the early spring.
Center Court Club (see Hospitality Areas)
Child ticketing policy
Each person, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the building.
Code of conduct (see also Alcohol, Smoking policy, Standing room only, Prohibited items and Weapons)
The NCAA and The University of Texas promote good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Spectators are reminded that they are prohibited from entering the playing area. Negative comments directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches or team representatives are grounds for removal. The NCAA, the Big 12 Conference and The University of Texas thanks you for your cooperation.
A variety of food and beverage items are served during Texas men's and women's basketball games. Food and drink items range from $2-$8. Credit card payment will be accepted at concession stands.
Sections: 21, 24, 31, 33, 39, 46, 60, 68, 70, 78, 86, & 88
- French Fries
- Super Nachos
- Hot Dog
- Jumbo Hot Dog
- Foot Long Hot Dog
- X-Large Popcorn
- Candy (M&Ms, Peanut M&Ms, Skittles, & Snickers)
- Sausage Wrap
- 24 oz, 32 oz, & 44 oz Coke products
- Bottled Water
- Starbucks Coffee
Sections: 21, 33, 92
- 'We Pop It... You Top It' - Specialty Popcorn
- Carmel, Sour Cream and Onion, Ranch, Jalapeno, White Cheddar Toppings
Sections: 23, 38
Sections: 24, 66
- Pizza Hut Pepperoni Pizza
- Pizza Hut Sausage Pizza
- Pizza Hut Cheese Pizza
- Pizza Hut Boneless Wings
- Casa Chapala Mexican Food
- Quiznos assorted toasted subs
The Dog Stop
- Earl Campbell Sausage, Bratwurst, Hot Dog
- Bottled Water and Bottled Soda
- Popeyes 3 pc chicken w/fries
- Popeyes 5 pc chicken w/fries
- Popeyes Chicken strip po boy w/fries
- Popeyes Shrimp po boy w/fries
- Popeyes Popcorn Shrimp w/fries
- Small Fries
- Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- Bush's 3 pc chicken w/fries, gravy and roll
- Bush's 5 pc chicken w/fries, gravy and roll
- Small fries
- Cotton Candy
- Snow Cones
- Caramel Apples
- Pok-E-Joes Sliced Beef Sandwich
- Pok-E-Joes Chopped Beef Sandwich
- Pok-E-Joes Sliced Turkey Sandwich
Sections: 49, 33
- Lemon Chill
- Texas Size Corndog
The inside walkways at the Frank Erwin Center circling the facility. Both arena and mezzanine concourse levels contain concessions, restrooms, water fountains, ATMs and kiosks.
Contests and promotions (see IMG College Sports/Longhorn Sports Marketing)
Only authorized persons with proper credentials are allowed on the court. Fans entering the court area without proper credentials are subject to eviction and arrest. Credentials for court access are not available for purchase.
Courtside Club (see Hospitality areas)
Major credit cards are accepted at the concession stands and the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop retail stores in the building. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment. All permanent stands accept credit cards.
Denton A. Cooley Pavilion
Denton A. Cooley Pavilion houses the locker rooms and practice facilities for Men's and Women's Basketball. For information on the facility, visit the Denton A. Cooley Pavilion facilities page on TexasSports.com.
Requests for autographed items for nonprofit/charitable purposes must be submitted to the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop. For more information, visit TexasSports.com.
For the general public and LASP holders with a print-at-home ticket, doors open 60 minutes prior to tipoff.
UT Athletics offers fans several choices to receive official updates and other timely news. Visit the sign-up page at TexasSports.com.
The mobility impaired elevator located near the Red River street level entrance provides easy access to disabled seating. On the concourse level, the elevator is located at section 20; on the mezzanine level, the elevator is located at section 60.
For any emergency at the Frank Erwin Center, including medical emergencies, notify the nearest usher or police officer.
Escalators are located across from sections 22, 33, 37 and 48.
In the event of an emergency, arena staff will utilize the public address system to inform patrons of the situation and any instructions as applicable. All exits and emergency exits in the arena are clearly marked. The Frank Erwin Center has wide concourses allowing for easy departure from anywhere in the building.
Facebook (see Social Media)
Family restrooms are located on the arena level in between the men's and women's restrooms. On the mezzanine level, family restrooms are located across from entrances to sections 64-66, 72-74, 82-84 and 90-92.
Fast Break Club
The Fast Break Club is the new official fan club of Texas Women's Basketball, designed to connect and grow the fan base. Membership is FREE and includes email updates from Head Coach Karen Aston, live Fast Break talks with players and coaches after select games, invitations to exclusive events, giveaways, and much more! To sign up or to seek more information, please email FastBreakClub@athletics.utexas.edu.
The first aid station is located outside section 26 on the arena concourse level. This station is staffed by Emergency Medical Technicians from the City of Austin. If you are in need of medical attention, please notify the nearest usher or police officer. Arena staff are trained to call for immediate response and assistance in emergency situations.
Patrons may not bring outside food or beverages, including alcoholic beverages, inside the arena. Concession stands are located throughout the concourse and offer a variety of food and beverages.
Frank C. Erwin, Jr. Special Events Center
The Frank Erwin Center has served as home to the Men's and Women's Basketball teams since the 1977-78 season. The physical address of the Erwin Center is 1701 Red River St., Austin TX 78701.
Game dates and times
Texas Basketball game dates and times are subject to change. In the event a game date or time change should occur, the information will be immediately posted on TexasSports.com, on the automated phone system at 512-471-4602 and will be communicated through the local media.
Game programs (see Publications)
Google+ (see Social media)
Group ticket packages
Any group of 10 or more qualifies for major discounts to select home games. Click here for more information on group ticket packages.
High school coach entrance
All high school coaches must contact the Men's Basketball office (512-471-5816) or the Women's Basketball office (512-471-9802) for game entry. Photo IDs are required. Will Call for high school coaches tickets is located inside the Red River street level entrance.
Hospitality areas for Longhorn Foundation donors
- Center Court Club: Men's Basketball season ticket holder donor hospitality area located in the Lone Star Room inside the Red River street level entrance. The Center Court Club is open 90 minutes prior to game time. Donors may purchase dinner and/or drinks before each game. Beverage service closes at the end of half-time.
- Courtside Club: Men's and Women's Basketball season ticket holder and donor hospitality area located in Denton A. Cooley Pavilion pre-game, and in the meet & greet area in the Frank Erwin Center at half-time. Guests must be Longhorn Foundation donors and Courtside Club ticket holders.
- Texas Hoops Club: Women's Basketball season ticket holder donor hospitality area located in the Lone Star Room at the Red River street level entrance. The Texas Hoops is open 90 minutes prior to game time. Donors may purchase dinner and/or drinks before each game. Beverage service closes at the end of half-time.
- For more information on any of the clubs, contact The Longhorn Foundation at 512-471-4439 or check the benefits chart online at TheLonghornFoundation.com.
Information about Austin hotel accommodations can be found at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau website.
IMG College/Longhorn Sports Marketing
IMG College is UT Athletics' multimedia rights vendor, which does business in Austin as Longhorn Sports Marketing (LSM). LSM produces and delivers conventional over-the-air radio, with Austin's Clear Channel Communications affiliate KVET-AM/FM serving as flagship station. LSM also represents all corporate sponsorship sales for UT Athletics and the Frank Erwin Center, including those elements appearing in signage, game day publications, consumer and retail promotions, and video. For more information about advertising, sponsorships or promotions, contact IMG College/LSM at 512-478-1833.
Longhorn All-Sports Package (LASP)
The LASP is a unique package available for University of Texas students, faculty and staff where, for one low price, tickets for all home regular season events can be obtained. Visit the tickets page on TexasSports.com for more LASP information.
Longhorns Kids Club
The Time Warner Cable Longhorns Kids Club is for children in 8th grade and younger. Members receive great benefits including FREE admission to over 100 UT Athletics home events, invitations to special parties, and two packages tailored to the ages and interests of members. Visit LonghornsKidsClub.com for more information about becoming a member and getting hooked on the Longhorns.
Longhorns Kids Court
Youth 18 & under can enjoy inflatables, face painting, basketball goals and more for FREE. Prior to select Women's Basketball home games, Cooley Pavilion is open 90 minutes before tipoff to kids accompanied by adults holding game tickets. Visit BevosBargains.com for the schedule of games offering Longhorns Kids Court.
Lost and found
Lost items should be reported to Guest Services at section 26. After a game, please call 512-471-5790 or email email@example.com.
Lost children should be reported to the nearest usher. Please visit guest services at section 26 if you have been separated from a child in your party.
Lost tickets should be reported to 800-982-2386.
Mascot (Read more about Bevo and other UT traditions.)
- Bevo, the Longhorn steer
- Hook 'Em, the costumed mascot of the Longhorns
Big 12 Conference and NCAA rules prohibit artificial noisemakers from being brought inside the Frank Erwin Center. This includes, but is not limited to, all horns (including air horns), cow bells and whistles. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
The O-Zone is seating exclusive to students, faculty and staff of The University of Texas who are Longhorn All-Sports Package (LASP) holders. O-Zone seating for Men's Basketball is located in sections 27, 28, 42, 43, 78, 79 and 81. O-Zone seating for Women's Basketball is located in sections 27-28 and sections 42-43. Visit the SOB's page on TexasSports.com for more information on the O-Zone.
- Parking disruptions on home basketball gamedays
- Lot 80 on the east side of main campus and Lot 108 south of the Frank Erwin Center are closed to the public beginning five hours prior to tipoff. Vehicles parked in these areas without the appropriate permit are subject to towing at the owner's expense.
- Men's Basketball Public Parking
- Trinity Garage (corner of Trinity St. and MLK Blvd.): $12
- Manor Garage (corner of Dedman and Littlefield Drs.): $12
- Lot 70: $12
- Lots 104 (beginning Jan. 9): $12
- For discounted parking, visit https://utparking.clickandpark.com/venues
- Women's Basketball Public Parking
- ADA/disabled parking (see ADA accommodations)
- ADA parking is available in Lot 108 for Longhorn Foundation donors only on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA parking is available at $7 per vehicle for Men's Basketball and $5 per vehicle for Women's Basketball in Lot 118 on the north side of the Frank Erwin Center on a first-come, first-served basis. Persons with an ADA state placard or license plate MUST be in the vehicle. Longhorn Foundation donors who wish to park in this ADA lot, and who also present a Longhorn Foundation permit, may do so at no cost.
- Once the parking in Lot 118 is full, the next available parking areas are the public options listed above at the $12 rate.
- Discounted parking is only available for general public lots online. ADA patrons can purchase discounted parking but the permit can only be used in the lot you choose at the time of purchase.
- RV Parking
- RV parking is available on Comal St. (south of MLK Blvd., east of IH-35, and south of UFCU Disch-Falk Field) on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that this is a City of Austin street and is not controlled by the University.
- UT Austin permit holders
- Trinity Garage S/R permit holders may be relocated to another garage on some home basketball gamedays. Details will be sent by email from UT Parking & Transportation to affected individuals.
- Class C permit holders may use the following parking locations: Lots 107, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, and 116 east of IH-35. [Campus parking map]
Photographs of Texas Basketball game action, as well as other sports, may be purchased online at TexasPhotoStore.com.
Pinterest (see Social media)
- Outside alcoholic beverages
- Bags larger than 12 x 18 inches
- Beverage containers
- Cameras (with professional, detachable long-lenses)
- Equipment cases
- Flag poles
- Video cameras
- Game programs: Game programs are FREE and available at entrances and at the Texas Athletics tables located inside the Red River entrance and sections 29 and 44.
- Yearbook: Texas Basketball Yearbooks are available for purchase during Texas Basketball home games at the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop kiosks located at sections 26 and 45.
- Longhorn Scoreboard: Free e-newsletter of Texas Athletics. Receive special articles, insights and promotions from UT Athletics. Subscribe today at TexasSports.com.
- Longhorns Links: Free weekday email newsletter featuring the day's top headlines from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorns Links.
- SOBs (Student Orange Bloods) Bulletin: The official student e-newsletter of UT Athletics. Subscribe today to the SOBs Bulletin.
Hand-held and pocket-sized portable radios are allowed in the building. Please be considerate of other patrons and use an earpiece or headphones to listen to your radio.
Patrons must have their ticket scanned out at the stadium exits in order to re-enter the facility.
Resale of tickets
Per University of Texas Regents' Rules (Chapter VI, Section 6): The resale of athletics tickets, for any amount of money, on a University of Texas property, constitutes solicitation and is strictly prohibited unless permitted as defined by the Regents' Rules and Regulations. Subjects found soliciting on University of Texas property can receive a criminal trespass warning and will be required to leave University of Texas property immediately or be subject to arrest for criminal trespass.
Frank Erwin Center has an official seating capacity of 16,540. [Frank Erwin Center seating diagram: Men's Basketball | Women's Basketball]
Scalpers and ticket brokers (see Resale of tickets)
Security (also see Prohibited items)
- Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the arena or the teams may be ejected from the building. Intoxicated fans will not be allowed into the building. An ejected patron will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the game. Re-entry by an ejected patron is grounds for arrest.
- You and your belongings may be searched upon entry into the building. By tendering your ticket and entering the building, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against The University of Texas. If you elect not to consent to a search, you will not be allowed into the building.
- To report an incident in your seating area, please notify the nearest usher, security guard or UT police officer at the entrance nearest to your seat. After the game, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all game day-related questions or concerns.
In accordance with University policy, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the UT campus.
The University of Texas does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers or other promotional/advertising materials on University of Texas property.
Souvenirs (see Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop and Photographs)
Special announcements on the public address system and scoreboard are limited to medical and police emergencies. The Frank Erwin Center does not announce or display birthday, anniversary or other personal messages on the public address system or scoreboard.
Standing room only
Every ticket has a seat or general admission assignment. Patrons with a reserved seat ticket should go to their seat location. General admission patrons should go to their appropriate areas.
StubHub is the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace of the Texas Longhorns. This exciting partnership with StubHub allows you to buy and sell tickets with other Longhorn Fans. Have an extra ticket? Need a few seats to the big game? All orders are covered by StubHub's FanProtect guarantee.
Student Orange Bloods
Student Orange Bloods (SOBs) is the longtime, hardcore UT Athletics student fan base. Visit StudentOrangeBloods.com for information relevant to all UT students.
Suite holders can access their suite through any entrance with an appropriate event ticket. Suite holders have access to their suite one (1) hour prior to events and up to one (1) hour after Texas Basketball events. For professional entertainment events, suites will be cleared immediately after the event. Access times may change due to terms of individual events. Suite Concierge desk/Will Call is located at Section 26, just inside the Suite Entrance at "A" Doors (southwest arena doors). For more information about the availability of suites at The Frank Erwin Center, please contact The Longhorn Foundation at (512) 475-7578.
Tailgating (see also Camping overnight)
Tailgating is permitted in parking areas surrounding Frank Erwin Center. Please note that open flames are not permitted in the parking garages or on the plaza area surrounding the Frank Erwin Center.
Team store (see Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop)
- Tickets: 800-982-BEVO (2386) or 512-471-3333
- Group Tickets: 512-232-3865
- Emergency: 512-471-7744
- Lost and Found: 512-471-5790 (or email email@example.com)
- Concessions: 512-471-7744
- Longhorn Foundation: 512-471-4439
- Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop: 512-476-3535
Television (see Broadcasts)
Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop
Visit the official team store of Texas Athletics. Shop online at Shop.TexasSports.com or at one of two locations in Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium during standard business hours. The west side store in Bellmont Hall is on San Jacinto Dr. directly across from the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center. The east side store is in Reese M. Rowling Hall on Robert Dedman Dr. next to the entrance to The University of Texas Club. During Texas Basketball games, Team Shop kiosks are located at sections 26 and 45 in the Frank Erwin Center. Major credit cards are accepted at Team Shop locations. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
Stay connected to the Longhorns by signing up to receive breaking news, special offers and exclusive content delivered straight to your wireless phone. Text HORNS to 51234 or visit the Text Alerts page on TexasSports.com. (Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)
To purchase tickets, go to TexasSports.com; call 800-982-BEVO (2386) or 512-471-3333 (Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Central, Sat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Central); or visit any Texas Box Office ticket location, including the UT Athletics Ticket Office located in the first-floor lobby of Bellmont Hall, 2100 San Jacinto Blvd. (Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Central), or the Erwin Center box office (Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Central), located at 1701 Red River.
- Ticket information
- Buy or sell Texas Longhorns tickets
- StubHub is now the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace of the Texas Longhorns. This exciting partnership with StubHub allows you to buy and sell tickets with other Longhorn Fans. Have an extra ticket? Need a few seats to the big game? All orders are covered by StubHub's FanProtect guarantee.
Twitter (see Social Media)
UT Varsity Rewards Program
The official loyalty rewards program of Texas Basketball for UT students. For more information, visit VarsityRewardsProgram.com.
Video cameras are not permitted in the building.
Fans may purchase a variety of products supplied by the Longhorn Sports Network/IMG College Sports, including special DVDs. To purchase, visit the University of Texas Athletics Online Multimedia Store.
Water fountains are located next to most restrooms.
No weapons of any kind are permitted in the Frank Erwin Center, Denton A. Cooley Pavilion, or anywhere on the University of Texas campus.
TexasSports.com is the official website of University of Texas Athletics.
- On game day, Will Call for tickets purchased online or over the phone is located at the south box office. Will Call opens one hour prior to tipoff and closes at the end of the first half. To pick up tickets in Will Call, the person picking up the tickets must bring the credit card used to purchase the tickets, a driver's license and confirmation number. In addition, the name on the credit card must be the same as the person picking up the tickets.
- Suite Will Call is at Entrance A doors.
- Player pass, visiting team, media and athletics Will Call is located in the lobby of the Red River entrance.
Yearbook (see Publications)
YouTube (see Social media)