A-to-Z Baseball Fan Guide
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
ADA accommodations (see also Customer Relations Program)
- Animals: Certified service animals or service animals in training for guests with disabilities are welcome at UFCU Disch-Falk Field. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. No other animals are allowed in the facility.
- Restrooms: Restrooms are located throughout the facility.
- Seating: Disabled guests gain entry at the left field and home plate gates. For any questions concerning availability, call the UT Athletics Ticket Office at (512) 471-3333.
- Parking: Disabled parking is available in lots 103, 104 and 115 on a first-come, first-served basis at a rate of $5.
- Shuttle service: The Customer Relations Program offers a free golf cart shuttle service to and from ADA parking areas during weekend series games.
Open alcoholic beverage containers are prohibited inside UFCU Disch-Falk Field, except in designated areas.
ATMs are located along the first base and third base concourses.
Autographs are not available on gamedays. For autographs of baseball players and coaches, please check TexasSports.com for any scheduled autograph sessions. For all other autographed item requests, please refer to the UT Athletics autograph policy.
Before, during and after the game, contact the UT Police Department at (512) 471-4441 for dead battery and locked car assistance.
Bag searches (see also Prohibited items)
Only small personal bags (purses, baby or diaper bags, etc.) will be permitted inside UFCU Disch-Falk Field and are subject to search at all entrances. Please leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle or at home. Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or discarded. Staff may not store or hold items for you until postgame. Patrons who refuse to allow visual inspections of contents of bags or purses will be denied entry into the facility.
Banners (see also Prohibited items)
Banners are not allowed in the facility.
Binoculars and their cases are permitted in the facility, subject to inspection at all entrances.
Box office (see Tickets)
- Television: Information on television broadcasts of Texas Baseball games can be found at TexasSports.com or the UT Athletics television schedule.
- Longhorn Network offers live coverage of home events. Contact your cable or satellite provider regarding Longhorn Network. Authenticated subscribers to LHN may view coverage on LonghornNetwork.com.
- Radio: Listen to Texas Baseball live on KVET 1300 AM The Zone.
- Internet Audio: Listen to Texas Baseball online at TexasSports.com (audio subscription required).
- Due to Big 12 Conference television contracts, video of Texas sporting events broadcast exclusively by Big 12 television partners (ABC, ESPN, FOX platforms) cannot be streamed on the Internet at the same time. There are additional telecast window exclusivity provisions in these contracts that may prevent Texas sporting events from telecast at the same time as another event.
Cameras, other than professional cameras with detachable lenses, are allowed in the facility. (Lenses must be under 6 inches.) No flash photography is allowed. Video cameras are not permitted inside the facility.
For more information on Texas Baseball camps, visit the Texas Longhorns Sports Camps information page.
The routes that service UFCU Disch-Falk Field are Route 37, Route 18 and Route EC. The EC runs only during regular school sessions and does not run on Saturday. Sunday service is limited. For route and schedule information, please call Capital Metro's Go Line at (512) 474-1200 or visit the Capital Metro Web site.
Child ticketing policy
Each person, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the facility.
Code of conduct (see also Alcohol, Smoking policy, Standing room only, Prohibited items and Weapons)
• Texas Fans Make Us Proud sportsmanship initiative
The NCAA and The University of Texas promote good sportsmanship by student-athletes, coaches and spectators. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Spectators are reminded that they are prohibited from entering the playing area. Negative comments directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches or team representatives are grounds for removal. The NCAA, the Big 12 Conference and The University of Texas thank you for your cooperation.
There are concessions in the stadium from different vendors. Food and drink items range from $3-$10. Concessions are located along the first and third base concourse, as well as the right field and left field plaza. No outside food and drink is allowed in the stadium.
Contests and promotions (See IMG College/Longhorn Sports Marketing)
Major credit cards are accepted at all concession stands and at the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop (Dugout Store) located on the concourse behind home plate. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
Customer Relations Program
The Customer Relations Program (CRP) is designed to assist all fans, giving priority to fans who may be mobility, hearing, or visually impaired. During weekend series games, CRP offers:
- Information station located inside left field gate
- Tag-A-Kid wristbands, containing contact and seat information for your child, available for pick up at all the information station
- Golf cart shuttles service the parking lots and streets surround UFCU Disch-Falk Field
On gamedays, CRP is available at the information station located on the concourse. On non-gamedays, contact CRP at 512-471-7323 or CRP@athletics.utexas.edu for more information.
- Priority is given to fans who may be mobility impaired.
- To ride the shuttle to the stadium, look for our clearly labeled golf carts at any point along the route. Attract the attention of the driver, who will be happy to come pick you up. Pregame shuttles run one hour prior to first pitch through the second inning.
- To ride the shuttle away from the stadium, locate labeled golf carts in the waiting area outside of the home plate and left field gates. Postgame shuttles run from approximately the middle of the seventh inning until thirty minutes after the game ends.
Requests for autographed items for nonprofit/charitable purposes must be submitted to Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop. For more information, refer to the UT Athletics autograph policy.
Dugout Store (See Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop)
UT Athletics offers fans several choices to receive official updates and other timely news. Visit the sign-up page at TexasSports.com.
For any emergency at UFCU Disch-Falk Field, including medical emergencies, notify the nearest usher or police officer.
In the event of an emergency, staff will utilize the public address system to inform patrons of the situation and any instructions as applicable. All exits and emergency exits in the facility are clearly marked.
Texas Longhorns is the only official Facebook Page of Texas Athletics. Like us at Facebook.com/TexasLonghorns.
• UFCU Disch-Falk Field
If you are in need of medical attention, please visit the EMS office located along the first base concourse, or notify the nearest usher or police officer.
Game dates and times
Texas Baseball game dates and times are subject to change. In the event a game date or time change should occur, the information will be immediately posted on TexasSports.com, on the automated phone system at (512) 471-4602, and will be communicated through the local media.
Game programs (see Publications)
For the general public, the home plate gates open 2-1/2 hours prior to the first pitch to allow patrons to watch batting practice. All other gates open 90 minutes prior to the first pitch.
Google+ (see Social media)
High school coach entrance
All high school coaches must contact the Texas Baseball office at (512) 471-5732 for game entry. Photo IDs are required. Will Call for high school coaches tickets is located at the UFCU Disch-Falk Field box office located at the main gate behind home plate.
Information about Austin hotel accommodations can be found at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau Web site.
IMG College/Longhorn Sports Marketing
IMG College is UT Athletics' multimedia rights vendor, which does business in Austin as the Longhorn Sports Marketing (LSM). LSM produces and delivers conventional over-the-air radio, with Austin's Clear Channel Communications affiliate KVET-AM/FM serving as flagship station. LSM also represents all corporate sponsorship sales for UT Athletics and UFCU Disch-Falk Field, including those elements appearing in signage, game day publications, consumer and retail promotions, and video. For more information about advertising, sponsorships or promotions, contact IMG College /LSM at (512) 478-1833.
Longhorn All-Sports Package (LASP)
The LASP is a unique package available for The University of Texas students, faculty and staff where, for one low price, tickets for all home regular season events can be obtained. Visit the ticket Web page for more LASP information.
Longhorns Kids Club
The Time Warner Cable Longhorns Kids Club is for children in 8th grade and younger. Members receive great benefits including FREE admission to select regular season 100 UT Athletics home events, invitations to special parties, and with two packages tailored to the ages and interests of members they can even get a FREE Texas Football Jersey. Visit LonghornsKidsClub.com for more information about becoming a member and getting hooked on the Longhorns.
Lost and found
During the game, lost items should be reported to an usher. These items are kept in the stadium manager's office located in the suite entry lobby (Room 1.120L) for one week after the game. After that period of time, they are taken to the UT Police Department. UTPD can be reached by calling (512) 471-4441.
Lost children should be reported to the nearest usher.
Lost tickets should be reported to (512) 471-3333.
Mascot (Read more about Bevo and other UT traditions.)
- Bevo, the Longhorn steer
- Hook 'Em, the costumed mascot of the Longhorns
Merchandise (see Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop)
Big 12 Conference and NCAA rules prohibit artificial noisemakers from being brought inside the facility. This includes, but is not limited to, all horns (including air horns), cow bells and whistles. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Baseball Public Parking
- A cashier station is located at the corner or E. 20th and Leona St. as well as E. 21st and Concho streets and opens two hours prior to each game. It remains open until 30 minutes after the game begins.
- Fans need to stop at the cashier station to purchase a $5 parking pass for Lots 109, 110 114, 115 and the grass lot located at the corner of MLK Blvd. and Leona.
- Anyone with a current UT permit is allowed to park in any of these lots at no charge as space is available with the exception of the Trinity Garage. (Night and weekend games only on a space-available basis. Parking in these lots before 5:45 p.m. on weekdays will result in the issuance of a citation.)
- Parking disruptions on home baseball gamedays
- Lots 104, 113, and the west part of Lot 103 are restricted beginning at 6 a.m. on gameday through the last gameday in that series.
- ADA/Disabled Parking (see ADA accommodations)
- UT Austin Permit Holders
- On game days, Class "C" permit holders may use the following parking locations for overnight parking: Lots 107, 109, 110, 112, 114 and 115 east of IH-35. | (Interactive parking map at UTexas.edu)
- Lot 115 is not available on Texas Softball game days. (Texas Softball schedule)
- If all lots are full, uniformed PTS personnel are available to provide additional parking locations at no cost to the permit holder.
Photographs of Texas Baseball game action, as well as other sports, may be purchased online at TexasPhotoStore.com.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bags larger than 12 x 18 inches
- Beverage containers
- Cameras (with professional, detachable long-lenses)
- Equipment cases
- Flag poles
- Laser pointers
- Video cameras
Pinterest (see Social media)
- Game programs: Yearbooks, scorecards and stat sheets are available for purchase at the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop located on the concourse behind home plate.
- Longhorn Scoreboard: Free e-newsletter of UT Athletics. Receive special articles, insights and promotions from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorn Scoreboard.
- Longhorns Links: Free e-newsletter of UT Athletics. A Monday-Friday morning email report that brings you the day's top headlines from UT Athletics. Subscribe today to Longhorns Links.
Hand-held and pocket-sized portable radios are allowed in the facility. Please be considerate of other patrons and use an earpiece or headphones to listen to your radio.
Visit the Texas Baseball Rankings & Standings page for the most recent collegiate baseball polls.
UT Athletics is now in its fifth year of the Baseball portion of the Longhorn Recycling Roundup. The Longhorn Recycling Roundup is a season-long, stadium-wide recycling effort. Supported by head coach Augie Garrido in promotional spots for TexasSports.com and the UFCU Disch-Falk Field videoboard, Longhorn Recycling Roundup challenges Texas fans to recycle 24 oz. plastic cups and bottles. The program has been an environmental award-winning success during the past 16 football seasons at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. The Longhorn Recycling Roundup also creates awareness for recycling, litter prevention, and campus improvement. Corporate sponsors of the program are Austin Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Allied Waste Services, H-E-B Grocery, KTBC Fox 7 and Keep Austin Beautiful. Please be on the lookout for the large Coke bottle-shaped and clear cylinder recycling barrels. Remember -- Good Sports Always Recycle.
Patrons must have their ticket scanned out at the stadium exits in order to re-enter the facility. Pass out stubs are available at all stadium exits if the scanners are not functioning properly.
Resale of tickets
Per University of Texas Regents' Rules (Chapter VI, Section 6): The resale of athletics tickets, for any amount of money, on a University of Texas property, constitutes solicitation and is strictly prohibited unless permitted as defined by the Regents' Rules and Regulations. Subjects found soliciting on University of Texas property can receive a criminal trespass warning and will be required to leave University of Texas property immediately or be subject to arrest for criminal trespass.
UFCU Disch-Falk Field has an official seating capacity of 6,756. [UFCU Disch-Falk Field seating diagram]
Scalpers and ticket brokers (See Resale of tickets)
Security (also see Prohibited items)
- Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the facility or the teams may be ejected from the building. Intoxicated fans will not be allowed into the building. An ejected patron will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the game. Re-entry by an ejected patron is grounds for arrest.
- You and your belongings may be searched upon entry into the building. By tendering your ticket and entering the facility, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against The University of Texas. If you elect not to consent to a search, you will not be allowed into the facility.
- To report an incident in your seating area, please notify an usher, security guard or UT police officer at the entrance nearest to your seat. After the game, please email email@example.com with all game day-related questions or concerns.
Shuttle (see Capitol Metro shuttle)
Smoking and tobacco policy
The University of Texas at Austin is now a tobacco-free campus. This policy prohibits the use of any tobacco products on campus grounds, including parking areas, parking structures, lawns and sidewalks. All forms of tobacco, including but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, snuff and chewing tobacco, are banned from campus.
The University of Texas does not permit unauthorized soliciting or collecting of contributions, vending, distribution of fliers or other promotional/advertising materials on University of Texas property.
Souvenirs (see Photographs and Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop)
Special announcements on the public address system and scoreboard are limited to medical and police emergencies. UFCU Disch-Falk Field does not announce or display birthday, anniversary or other personal messages on the public address system or scoreboard.
Student Orange Bloods
Student Orange Bloods (SOBs) is the longtime, hardcore UT Athletics student fan base. Visit the SOBs Web page on TexasSports.com for up-to-date information relevant to all SOBs is found on TexasSports.com.
For information about the availability of suites in UFCU Disch-Falk Field, please contact The Longhorn Foundation at (512) 471-4439.
Tailgating is permitted in parking areas surrounding UFCU Disch-Falk Field. Please note that open flames are not permitted in the parking garages.
Team store (see Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop)
- Tickets: 1-800-982-BEVO (2386) or (512) 471-3333
- Emergency/UT Police Dept.: (512) 471-4441
- Lost and Found: (512) 471-5678 (or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Longhorn Foundation: (512) 471-4439
- Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop: (512) 476-3535
The official website of University of Texas Athletics.
Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop (Dugout Store)
Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop is the official team store of UT Athletics. The team shop (Dugout Store) is located on the concourse behind home plate. Shop online at Shop.TexasSports.com or at one of two locations in Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium during standard business hours. The west side store entrance is on San Jacinto Dr. directly across from the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center and the east side store entrance is on Robert Dedman Dr. next to the entrance to The University of Texas Club. Major credit cards are accepted at team shop locations. For credit card transactions, Longhorns Banking credit and debit cards from Bank of America are the preferred methods of payment.
Stay connected to the Longhorns by signing up to receive breaking news, special offers and exclusive content delivered straight to your wireless phone. Text HORNS to 51234 or visit the Text Alerts page on TexasSports.com. (Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP for help. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Online: TexasBoxOffice.com
- Call UT Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-982-BEVO (2386) or (512) 471-3333 (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Central; Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Central).
- Call Texas Box Office charge-by-phone at (512) 471-3333 or (512) 477-6060.
- Groups of 10 or more can purchase $6 reserved tickets to select Texas Baseball home games. To order your group tickets, call UT Athletics Events, Sales, and Services at (512) 232-3865 or email email@example.com.
- Visit any Texas Box Office ticket location, including the UT Athletics Ticket Office located in the first-floor lobby of Bellmont Hall, 2100 San Jacinto Blvd. (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Central), or the Erwin Center box office located at 1701 Red River (Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Central).
- UFCU Disch-Falk Field (gameday, 2-1/2 hours prior to game time)
Ticket Transfer is the fastest way to deliver your tickets to a friend if you can't make it to the game. Simply log on to your account and send the tickets via email! The recipient prints the tickets contained in the message for entry to the game. Arrangements no longer need to be made to exchange tickets in person. More details can be found by clicking on the Ticket Transfer link above.
Follow the Texas Longhorns at Twitter.com/TexasSports. Follow Texas Baseball at Twitter.com/Texas_Baseball.
UFCU Disch-Falk Field
Originally named Disch-Falk Field after former Longhorns coaches Billy Disch and Bibb Falk, the facility has been home to Texas Baseball since 1975.
Video cameras are not permitted in the facility.
Fans may purchase a variety of products supplied by IMG College/Longhorn Sports Marketing, including special DVDs. To purchase, visit the University of Texas Athletics Online Multimedia Store.
No weapons of any kind are permitted in UFCU Disch-Falk Field or any designated UT venue. This policy includes weapons used by off-duty law enforcement officers. Firearms must be secured at either the UT Police Department (corner of Dedman and Littlefield drives) or within an individual's vehicle.
TexasSports.com is the official website of University of Texas Athletics.
Tickets purchased through the Texas Box Office charge-by-phone line at (512) 477-6060 or online at TexasBoxOffice.com and designated for Will Call may be picked up at the UT Athletics Ticket Office located in Bellmont Hall (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.) from the time of purchase until two hours before the game on weekdays.
On gameday, Will Call is located at the UFCU Disch-Falk Field box office. Will Call opens 2-1/2 hours prior to first pitch. To pick up tickets in Will Call, the person picking up the tickets must bring a driver's license. In addition, the name on the credit card must be the same as the person picking up the tickets.
YouTube (see Social media)